• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Green-Tomato-And-Raspberry Cobbler

In summary, to make the Green Tomato and Raspberry Cobbler, you will need 4 cups of green tomatoes, 1 cup of fresh raspberries, 1 cup of sugar, 1 tablespoon of cornstarch, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1 cup of flour, 1/4 cup of butter, and 1/4 cup of milk. You can use canned green tomatoes instead of fresh ones, just make sure to drain them well. Peeling the green tomatoes is not necessary as the skins will soften during baking. You can substitute the raspberries with other fruits, adjusting the amount of sugar accordingly. The cobbler is best served warm with vanilla ice cream, but can
JAE
Anyone want to try this recipe out? Green-Tomato-and-Raspberry Cobbler from MyRecipes.com.

I'd love to hear how it turns out if you try it. Sounds very strange, and I'm afraid my family won't try it. I did see green tomatoes at a local grocer the other day.

Go here for the recipe: http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=226555

I use chopped green tomatoes for an "Apple" pie. With brown sugar, spices. Inspired by a recipe in a defunct garden magazine about 25 years ago. It's delish!Bet this recipe is a winner :)

I've never before heard of making something sweet with green tomatoes. Actually, the only "recipe" I've ever noticed with green tomatoes is Fried Green Tomatoes.

Related to Green-Tomato-And-Raspberry Cobbler

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Green Tomato and Raspberry Cobbler?

To make the Green Tomato and Raspberry Cobbler, you will need 4 cups of green tomatoes, 1 cup of fresh raspberries, 1 cup of sugar, 1 tablespoon of cornstarch, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1 cup of flour, 1/4 cup of butter, and 1/4 cup of milk.

2. Can I use canned tomatoes instead of fresh ones?

Yes, you can use canned green tomatoes for this recipe. Just make sure to drain them well before using.

3. Do I need to peel the green tomatoes before using them in the cobbler?

No, you do not need to peel the green tomatoes. The skins will soften and become tender during the baking process.

4. Can I substitute the raspberries with other fruits?

Yes, you can substitute the raspberries with other fruits like blueberries, blackberries, or strawberries. Just make sure to adjust the amount of sugar according to the sweetness of the fruit.

5. How do I serve the Green Tomato and Raspberry Cobbler?

The Green Tomato and Raspberry Cobbler is best served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. It can also be served at room temperature and can be reheated in the oven or microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lovenpc
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
dkgriff
  • bgilmore
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • NooraK