• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Good Morning,I Am Wondering Are We Suppose to Be Charging Taxes on

In summary, Diane is told by her Director that they do not have to purchase a business license for their consulting work, but if they were to do a show without the proper license they would be fined. Diane says that she usually sends the orders to the host, but if the host needs her she will ship them to them directly.
krhodes74
Good Morning,
I am wondering are we suppose to be charging taxes on the s&h or just on the order. I have seen where there is a place to put it. If so how much is it suppose to be. If I haven't been doing this ooops what do I do know. Also are we required to have a business license for the towns that we are having parties in?

Some states require you to tax shipping and handling and some don't. You'll have to check on what your state requires.

On Consultant's Corner, it says:

Shipping and handling charges are taxable in all states except:
AK, DC, DE, ID, IL, MA, MT, NH, NJ, OH, OK, OR, UT and WY

Diane

I was told by my Director that we did not have to purchase a business license since we actually work for PC. I know of other consultants who did not purchase one either, so, I have not.

jrstephens--- We don't actually work for pc---if that was the case we would be employees and we're not. As for the bus. licensce you only need them if you are doing a fair, expo, etc. and they ask for one. The city where you are doing shows could charge you if they found you doing shows w/o bus. lic. but since we don't have a huge revenue then it's almost a waste of time to even go looking for you. That comment came straight from the bus. lic. department. If you were doing a fair, etc. and the bus. lic. department came around and checked you would be fined if you didn't have one...but as far as doing shows i wouldn't worry about it

in my small town we do not have fairs and things like that, so, i do not have to worry about that. i wish we had them though, it would be great for my business! i undertand that we are not actually employees of PC as far as taxes and license go i just mist-stated the way it should mean. i was told that since we are PC consultants we do not have to have a license for shows b/c we are selling for PC and not from a business we own ourselves. i just always consider myself a PC employee although we are not in every since of the word since they give me a paycheck :D

How much do you all charge for the tax on the s&h? Is it the same as your regular tax? Do most of you have the products sent to you or to the host? I usually have something I personally ordered each time so I have just been sending them to me. Especially if they are larger it can be a hassle to get them all ready to go. I don't want that to discourage them from hosting again.

My state charges tax on S&H at the same rate as everything else. I have the orders shipped to the host. I work full time and just do not have time to seperate if for everyone. I have had them shipped to me if the host needed me too, but my general rule of thumb is to send it directly to the host. And I feel like this lets the guest get their items quicker b/c the host does not have to pick up from me.

Related to Good Morning,I Am Wondering Are We Suppose to Be Charging Taxes on

1. What items are subject to taxes?

The specific items that are subject to taxes may vary depending on your location and the type of tax being charged. Generally, goods and services that are considered non-essential or luxury items are subject to taxes, while necessities such as groceries and prescription medication may be exempt.

2. Do I need to charge taxes on all of my sales?

The answer to this question also depends on your location and the specific tax regulations. In some cases, small businesses may be exempt from charging certain taxes, while in other cases all sales may be subject to taxes. It is important to consult with a tax professional or your local government to determine your specific tax obligations.

3. How do I determine the appropriate tax rate for my sales?

The tax rate for your sales may vary depending on the type of tax being charged, the location of your business, and the location of your customers. It is important to research and understand the tax rates in your area and properly apply them to your sales. You can also consult with a tax professional for assistance in determining the correct tax rates for your sales.

4. Are there any exemptions or discounts for taxes?

There may be exemptions or discounts for certain taxes depending on your location and the type of tax being charged. For example, some states may offer sales tax holidays where certain items are exempt from sales tax for a limited time. It is important to research and understand the exemptions and discounts that may be available in your area.

5. Do I need to collect taxes from customers who are located in a different state or country?

The answer to this question may vary depending on your location and the location of your customers. In some cases, businesses may be required to collect taxes from out-of-state or international customers, while in other cases they may be exempt. It is important to research and understand the tax laws in your area and consult with a tax professional for guidance on collecting taxes from customers outside of your location.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MomToEli
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • angmillar
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • KellyTheChef