1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Fundraiser Girl Scout Fundraiser

1. pampchefrhondab

pampchefrhondab Senior Member

Hi Everyone,

I have someone intrested in doing fund raiser for their Girl Scout troop. I think we will have them do some catalog sales w/friends and family, but they also want to do a cooking class so they can get a badge.

Has anyone done this before? I've started reading through some of the "Kids in the Kitchen" info., but wanted to know if anyone had any other ideas. I thought maybe I could have something they could take home w/them afterward. Of course, I don't make much commission on fund raisers, so I don't want to spend a lot. I thought of at least a small cookbook I could get printed up w/maybe some tips for kids, etc.

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks so much,

Rhonda B.

2. showmehow2

showmehow2 Guest

You may want to have the leader double check that their council will allow them to do a fundraiser. I'm a consultant and a Girl Scout Leader (11+ years). It's my understanding that Girl Scouts are not allowed to sell anyone else's product. I'm not sure, however, if that is a national rule or our local rule. Maybe something to do with the tax exempt status???? Anyway, before you get too involved, you might want to double check. Pam :confused:

Jan 9, 2006
  3. pcnewbie72

pcnewbie72 Novice Member

I am in PA and the rule is the same here. To my understanding as well it is a national thing. Sorry!

Jan 11, 2006
  4. gmosullivan

gmosullivan Member

Girl Scout Fundraisers The Trick is....

I've been in GS for 9 years and have done 2 fund raiser shows. The last few years. The thing is that the GS does not support other companies or products and that is why the "Girls" can not do this as a fund raiser. The way to get around it, is a "MOM" hosts a fundraiser and gives the money to the troop. I've had the check made payable to the troop with the mom's name and address under it. One was a catalog show passed to the mom's (no girls going sell). The other was a show were the girls learned to cut vegs with the crikle cutter and could make the dip. Then we did a ice cream sunday bar and the girls chopped the cookies, cheese grated the chocolate, cool whip in the easy accent decorator, and put other things in the SA and the ice cream dipper of course. When that was done, we had a very quick recipe for the mom's. The show was almost $900 and helped the troop. The girls got to do the kids in the kitchen and earned money without selling. Hope this helps.
    :)

Jan 11, 2006
  5. its_me_susan

its_me_susan Senior Member

I'm on my local girl scout council and you are right ~ we can't. You can sell your "cooking class" service to the troop.

Jan 12, 2006
  6. Is there a badge that they can earn for helping raise funds for other groups? I was thinking of the HWC. They would be selling another companie products but as a fundrasier situation. If they earned a badge for it, could it be legit?

Curious because I was thingking of asking for their help for mine but I may have to find another group.

7. pamper_the_chef

pamper_the_chef Novice Member

I did a cooking class with a local girl scout troop to earn their cooking badge. We made 2 molten chocolate skillet brownies. I had the leader do a chocolate quiz with the girls and I also had them do a match the name of the candy bar to the picture of the actual candy - they had lots of fun and I took orders from the moms.

8. its_me_susan

its_me_susan Senior Member

How much did you charge for that? How many attended?

Feb 16, 2006
  9. pamper_the_chef

pamper_the_chef Novice Member

The leader actually hosted the show so she provided the recipe ingredients. Most of the troop showed up (12-16 girls) and there were about 8-10 moms who came throughout the course of the show. The sales were not high - probably around $175 - the leader was not really into this for the host benefits so she did not talk it up or get outside orders.

It was a learning experience and next time I do it I'll prepare and plan a bit differently but we had a good time. Plus we had this at the leader's house and it was pretty small - would have worked better at their meeting place. Hope this helps!

Have something to add?