• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get Ready to Cry: My Love for Hallmark Movies and Commercials"

In summary, the Hallmark movie Head of the Class was an excellent movie. It was based on a true story and the lead actor did a great job.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Anyone else sit and cry through Hallmark Hall of Fame movies AND the commercials too?

Maybe I needed an excuse to sit and have a good cry - and this movie (and the commercials, too) is the perfect excuse!

I watched the Hallmark movie, but I have an incredible ability to not cry if I'm not PMS'ing. It was a good movie.

I loved that it was based on a true story - and that they showed pictures of the real teacher at the end. Made me cry even more.....such a big baby!

I was a beautiful show. I to enjoy the fact it was based on a true story.

I also love Maxine and the Big Red Truck.

Other than catching a bit of "Crystal Cathedral" this a.m. when DH turned on the TV, I haven't watched TV in about 3-4 days. :) I don't miss it yet...

Well, I stayed up late to watch Pollyanna on TCM. I was so proud of myself because I was SURE I wasn't gonna cry this time. Hmph! Where'd I get that idea?

I love the Hallmark movies! Haven't watched one in a while. Another Show that I always cry when I watch it is "Touched by an Angel"! Never could get through the whole thing without crying!

It's funny that you mention it....I had never watched a Hallmark movie until last night. When I got in bed, my fiance was lying there watching it (I was shocked when he told me it was a Hallmark movie...not something he would typically watch) and we were both crying at the end! Such a great movie!

I love the Hallmark movies. When we were watching it last night and they were leaving for Thanksgiving I told my DH that the little girl was going to die and he asked me why. I told him these are always tear jerkers and there were tears earlier but no tear jerkers.

One that I totally missed is The girl next door. I DVR'd it when it was on got half way through and we had breaking news (which was very important) so I missed the last 1/2 i was bummed

I just finished watching this a few minutes - what a great movie and inspiration! The lead actor did an excellent job - major tears rolling down my face. I love Hallmark movies!

Which Hallmark Movie were you all watching?

heather223 said:
Which Hallmark Movie were you all watching?

Head of the Class.
It is about a guy who has turrets syndrom and goes on to be a teacher.

Gina M said:
I just finished watching this a few minutes - what a great movie and inspiration! The lead actor did an excellent job - major tears rolling down my face. I love Hallmark movies!

That's what I said last night. I kept thinking - Wow, it takes a great actor to pull off a role like that & do it so well.

The Hallmark Movie channel has great movies all the time, right now there are a lot of Holiday movies on. Something great to turn on while cleaning or doing things around the house! I love them!

christy_c said:
That's what I said last night. I kept thinking - Wow, it takes a great actor to pull off a role like that & do it so well.

Yes - I saw Patricia Heaton on the View and she mentioned how it was one of his first acting jobs - he did a great job - and very cute as well!

I cried four different times throughout the movie. At the end I was major boohooing & my boyfriend laughed at me for about 5mins. He was watching it in the LR in between the football game & I was watching it in the BR.

The last time I cried that much, I was looking at my pay stub.

I watched the movie today - the first one I have taped on the old VCR in a VERY... long time (like years)!

I agree w/all of you - it was very good, he is a good actor and very cute:)!

Related to Get Ready to Cry: My Love for Hallmark Movies and Commercials"

1. What inspired you to write about your love for Hallmark movies and commercials?

As someone who has always been a fan of romantic comedies and feel-good stories, I was drawn to the warmth and nostalgia that Hallmark movies and commercials provide. I wanted to share my personal experiences and thoughts on why these films and ads have become such a beloved part of our culture.

2. How do you think Hallmark movies and commercials differ from other forms of entertainment?

Hallmark movies and commercials have a unique ability to transport viewers to a simpler, more wholesome world. They often focus on themes of love, family, and community, which can be a refreshing change from the chaos and negativity in the real world. Additionally, these productions are known for their feel-good endings, which leave viewers with a sense of hope and happiness.

3. What do you think makes Hallmark movies and commercials so popular?

Hallmark has been producing heartwarming content for decades, and its consistent quality and positive messaging have built a loyal fan base. These movies and commercials offer a break from the stresses of daily life and provide a sense of comfort and familiarity. They also tend to feature relatable characters and storylines, making them easy to connect with.

4. Do you have a favorite Hallmark movie or commercial?

I have many favorites, but one that stands out to me is "The Christmas Card." It tells the story of a soldier who receives a Christmas card from a stranger while serving overseas and ends up falling in love with the woman who sent it. It's a heartwarming and uplifting tale that captures the true spirit of the holiday season.

5. What do you hope readers will take away from your book?

My main goal with this book is to spread joy and positivity through my words. I hope that readers will be reminded of the magic and beauty in everyday life, and perhaps even be inspired to watch some Hallmark movies and commercials themselves. I also hope to spark discussions about the importance of feel-good entertainment and its impact on our well-being.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ragschef
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • Kitchen Diva