• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What inspired the heartwarming Pixar movie Wall-E?

In summary, Wall-e is a touching and well written movie about a robot that falls in love and has a happy ending.
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2040532/posts

DH and I went to see the new Pixar movied titled Wall-e last weekend and LOVED it! There is only a total of about 25 minutes of dialog in the whole movie, but what a touching, funny and well written film.

I included a link above that describes what was the main idea behind the movie because a lot of people thought it was environmental...

Anyway- this movie will have you laughing, AND crying and CHEERING!

We'll be going back for a second viewing with our niece later this weekend- we needed an excuse to see it again, so I'm borrowing my niece for the weekend!

I just wanted to share that I loved the movie, and it was just a bonus to find out what the director used as motivation to make the film.

I've also heart it was good and had a good message...Anyone else think Wall-e looks JUST like Johnny 5 the robot from Short Circuit!

DS (4 yo) wants to see it so bad. Maybe that will be a fun thing for him and daddy to do while mommy is at conference....hmm.....

janetupnorth said:
I've also heart it was good and had a good message...

Anyone else think Wall-e looks JUST like Johnny 5 the robot from Short Circuit!

Um....no....
This is Walle
aWalle-movie-1488.jpg

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/kacey1972/johnny5.jpg
This is Johnny 5

Clearly, Wall-e is cuter! :) LOL

DebbieJ said:
DS (4 yo) wants to see it so bad. Maybe that will be a fun thing for him and daddy to do while mommy is at conference....hmm.....

That would be a great idea! DH was telling people at my work yesterday that he felt like such a dweeb because here he's 45 years old and crying over a cartoon robot!

Yup- that's my sensitive 90's man! (my BIL always called DH a sensitive 90's man back in the 90's)

Ok, so he is Johnny 5's long lost son...

janetupnorth said:

Nope---Johnny 5 became obsolete 20 minutes after they finished wrapping the film and he was dismantled and sold for parts... Just not possible.

;)

DS and I saw it last weekend - betw that and sex in the city, i ran thru my pocket pack of tissues. i guess i did bec they were about a lot of the same things - love, friendship, and happiness.

deb, don't skip this one...it's much more than a kids movie or sci fi or animation.

susanr613 said:
DS and I saw it last weekend - betw that and sex in the city, i ran thru my pocket pack of tissues. i guess i did bec they were about a lot of the same things - love, friendship, and happiness.

deb, don't skip this one...it's much more than a kids movie or sci fi or animation.

Okay, then we'll see it all together when I get home. :)

janetupnorth said:
There does appear to be a familial resemblance.Sort of like a '60 Edsel...
e60ran2c.gif
and a '61 Pontiac...
61bon.jpg

Saw it last weekend too, it's great...

janetupnorth said:

YES! Just ignore Kacey... she's still a bit loopy from the unemployment victory... ;)

I for one totally agree with you and thought that Wall-E and Johnny 5 looked alike the first time I saw a commercial for Wall-E.

Kitchen Diva said:
Nope---Johnny 5 became obsolete 20 minutes after they finished wrapping the film and he was dismantled and sold for parts... Just not possible.

;)

Disassemble? No disassemble! No disassemble!

The first time I saw a preview for Wall-e I turned to The Furry Guy and said, "Hey, it's Number 5's son."

katie0128 said:
YES! Just ignore Kacey... she's still a bit loopy from the unemployment victory... ;)

I for one totally agree with you and thought that Wall-E and Johnny 5 looked alike the first time I saw a commercial for Wall-E.

Johnny 5 was the first thought in my mind when I saw the commercial too!

BTW- We have to go see this....Evan is having FITS every time he sees a commercial. We have never taken him to the movies...this may be his first!

janetupnorth said:

That's what I have said ever since they started the previews. Glad I am not alone!

KellyTheChef said:
Johnny 5 was the first thought in my mind when I saw the commercial too!

BTW- We have to go see this....Evan is having FITS every time he sees a commercial. We have never taken him to the movies...this may be his first!

We took our DS to see Horton hears a Who-that was his first movie and he was just over 3 1/2 and he did surprisingly good. It really helps when its a kids movie and you know there will be other kids so you don't feel so bad if he gets restless. He did get quite a few laughs from others though with his loud and hilarious comments. And when he would laugh they would crack up.

Loved this movie! Love Wall-E!

Go to Disney.com and view the trailers and clips... they are hilarious. I love the one where he puts the headphones on and "grooves."

Sorry, Kacey, but I agree.... a mini Johnny 5 is the first thing that came to my mind.

Kacey, so glad your getting to spend time with your niece and what a wonderful way to do it too.

Oh, yeah! 5 and Wall*E must be related! We love "Short Circuit"!!! Waiting for a few weeks to go see Wall*E since we have seen 3 movies in the last 10 days! Gonna need to take a loan out soon to afford popcorn!

We took the kids to see Wall-E last weekend and they loved it, too. My sister and her DH are taking their 2yo DS to see it this weekend - it'll be his first movie in a movie theater, and I think it's perfect - I know he'll love it, too! :D

I remember my first movie in a theater..."Snow White & the Seven Dwarves"....I think that is why I still have a "thing" for Dopey!

chefmeg said:
I remember my first movie in a theater..."Snow White & the Seven Dwarves"....I think that is why I still have a "thing" for Dopey!

Aw, shucks. I didn't know you cared. :blushing:

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Aw, shucks. I didn't know you cared. :blushing:

I do, I do!!! although, I heard you were a little Grumpy!;)

We're planning on seeing it as soon as it comes here. Glad to hear the good reviews! (oh, & I loved Short Circuit too!)

katie0128 said:

Ah, yer both loopy! For one Johnny 5 is TALL, and Walle is short and square--- sorry no comparison- especially in personality.

Don't make me open a can of whoop-toosh on y'all in defense of my new BFF: Walle :);)

Kitchen Diva said:
Ah, yer both loopy! For one Johnny 5 is TALL, and Walle is short and square--- sorry no comparison- especially in personality.

Don't make me open a can of whoop-toosh on y'all in defense of my new BFF: Walle :);)

Kasey, you are totally in the minority here about Johnny 5 and Walle....so you might wanna back off that can of whoop a$$ girl...don't make me cal Carolyn and Morfia with their big hair and blue eye-liner!

you know I'm kiddin' right??;)

not kiddin' about Carolyn and Morfia though!

My boyfriend wanted to go to this so bad so we went Thursday night. I love cartoons and this had a decent message but overall I was not so impressed with the movie. Sorry all...I did LOVE Sex in the City :)

chefmeg said:
Kasey, you are totally in the minority here about Johnny 5 and Walle....so you might wanna back off that can of whoop a$$ girl...don't make me cal Carolyn and Morfia with their big hair and blue eye-liner!

you know I'm kiddin' right??;)

not kiddin' about Carolyn and Morfia though!

Just because I'm in the minority doesn't mean I'm wrong. :p And I'm gonna pull the Mommy card out here... My mommy even agrees with me, so thhpthh!

The only slight resemblance are the "feet" and the eyes...that's it. Johnny 5 looks more like a person and Walle looks like a square-

C'mon people...work with me, work with me!!!:D

And, if you did call Carolyn and Morfia and they came over wearing blue eyeliner I would be afraid- very afraid! :) LOL

chefmeg said:

I remember mine too..."Song of the South". I wish they'd get over the politically correct stuff and have that one on DVD!

overall I was not so impressed with the movie

I'll second that. I usually adore Pixar movies, but Wall-e was not up to par.
I did like the short with the magician & bunny, though.
My hubby & son saw Hancock instead - wish I'd gone with them!

YES! Go see Wall-E! I laughed... I cried... it was the best movie I've seen this year!

The kids and I went to see Wall*E today.too, too good! Amazing how a movie can be so good with so little dialog! Hollywood should get a clue from this one!

I'm bummed; I thought it would be at our theater this weekend, & that could be something fun to do with the kiddos before I leave for Chicago. Guess we'll have to go after I get back!

janetupnorth said:
I remember mine too..."Song of the South". I wish they'd get over the politically correct stuff and have that one on DVD!

My first movie was Herbie The Love Bug....and it was at a Drive-In!

Micah has been wanting to see Wall-E....sound like something we will have to do on a rainy day!

I am I the only person who just thought it was ok???? Didn't love it :rolleyes:

Hmmm, this might have to be the first movie we take our kids to in a theatre... Would you recommend this for a 3 1/2 and a 4 1/2 year old?

My kids have not seen many whole movies (maybe 1 or 2), we mostly just let them watch bits at a time. DD gets VERY scared at people getting lost or left behind (screamed with terror while watching Toy Story, and doesn't like when L McQ falls off the Mac the truck in cars...). If there is anything like that in Wall-E, she'd probably be better off seeing it on DVD at home.

AnnieBee said:
Hmmm, this might have to be the first movie we take our kids to in a theatre... Would you recommend this for a 3 1/2 and a 4 1/2 year old?

My kids have not seen many whole movies (maybe 1 or 2), we mostly just let them watch bits at a time. DD gets VERY scared at people getting lost or left behind (screamed with terror while watching Toy Story, and doesn't like when L McQ falls off the Mac the truck in cars...). If there is anything like that in Wall-E, she'd probably be better off seeing it on DVD at home.

She probably will not like it then... there is a lot of that kinda sadness in this movie

AnnieBee said:

It's great in Wall E because you can teach her that Mommy will always be there. Not to spoil anyhting, but you get iit int he trailers anyways, when Wall E goes out in the shuttle thingy, Eve comes right after her and they have a good time.

But you're right, probably better seen at home if she's really jumpy. My 4 YO is going this weekend... I can't wait! :) I loved the movie. Great date movie if you have a date to go on with anyone... My hubby took me and een bought my popcorn!!! :D

Great movie. I would HIGHLY recommend it to kids of ANY age! ;)

Related to What inspired the heartwarming Pixar movie Wall-E?

1. What was the main inspiration behind the movie Wall-E?

The main inspiration behind the movie Wall-E was the idea of exploring a post-apocalyptic Earth and the potential consequences of consumerism and environmental neglect.

2. Is Wall-E an environmental movie?

While environmental themes are present in the movie, the main focus is on the consequences of consumerism and the potential for a future where humans become reliant on technology and neglect the planet.

3. How much dialogue is in the movie Wall-E?

There is a total of about 25 minutes of dialogue in the entire movie, making it a primarily visual and physical storytelling experience.

4. What emotions can viewers expect to feel while watching Wall-E?

Viewers can expect to experience a range of emotions while watching Wall-E, including laughter, tears, and a sense of triumph and hope.

5. Will I enjoy Wall-E even if I am not a fan of animated movies?

While Wall-E is an animated movie, it has a universal appeal and has been praised for its storytelling, humor, and heartwarming themes. Many non-animated movie fans have also enjoyed and appreciated the film.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • babywings76