• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can a Catalog Show Fundraiser Benefit School Kitchen Needs?

daughter's school for her culinary class and I gave a $75 gift certificate to the student with the most $ in sales.Then for everyone who sold over $100 would go into a raffle for a $50 gift certifcate.Starbucks is a good idea.Local favorite MallMystery Cash Envelopes (maybe some have $1, $5, $20 in them?)See if any of the local fast food joints would donate some GC's...
cookingmommy
I need everyones advice and help on this.

I used to be a teacher and I was talking with one of my girlfriends who just had a PC show for me. She said I should get in contact with one of the cooking teachers from the high school I worked at and see if she would do a fundraiser/catalog show with her cooking classes to raise money for kitchen utensils for the school. Then I thought instead of a fundraiser I could do it as a catalog show and they would really make out more in terms of getting more products. I could even figure out a way to offer incentives to the students for participating besides just helping their school out. Could I do a show where the school is the host? Since it is a school would it be tax exempt? I figured that you guys would be my best source for advice on this.

Also, I am going to work on some sort of a write up for this proposal to the woman and send a host benefits flyer and a catalog for her to look through.

Thoughts, advice, help. All would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,
Erin

cookingmommy said:
I need everyones advice and help on this.

I used to be a teacher and I was talking with one of my girlfriends who just had a PC show for me. She said I should get in contact with one of the cooking teachers from the high school I worked at and see if she would do a fundraiser/catalog show with her cooking classes to raise money for kitchen utensils for the school. Then I thought instead of a fundraiser I could do it as a catalog show and they would really make out more in terms of getting more products. I could even figure out a way to offer incentives to the students for participating besides just helping their school out. Could I do a show where the school is the host? Since it is a school would it be tax exempt? I figured that you guys would be my best source for advice on this.

Also, I am going to work on some sort of a write up for this proposal to the woman and send a host benefits flyer and a catalog for her to look through.

Thoughts, advice, help. All would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,
Erin

If you did it as a fundraiser, it could be tax-exempt - but you would have to send PC the tax-exempt certificate from the school - and if you did it as a fundraiser, the school would also be named as the organization for the fundraiser.

If you do it as a regular Cooking/Catalog show - it cannot be considered Tax-Exempt, and you would need a "host" for the show.

I think doing an actual show and giving the benefits to the school would be way better than doing a fundraiser. How cool! That's a great idea. You'd have to list an actual person as the host, though. Maybe the teacher or something. Or you could always list yourself as the host and just donate the products. What a great idea! I hope it works out well for you.

pamperedbecky said:
I think doing an actual show and giving the benefits to the school would be way better than doing a fundraiser. How cool! That's a great idea. You'd have to list an actual person as the host, though. Maybe the teacher or something. Or you could always list yourself as the host and just donate the products. What a great idea! I hope it works out well for you.

I agree with Becky too!

Thanks....that's what I was thinking. Listing the teacher as the host, getting her classroom some great quality tools and then maybe I can offer her the host product as a thank you.

What would be some good incentive awards for high school kids? For every $100 in orders put a ticket in a raffle for (mall gift certificate, movie tickets, etc). Maybe for every $500 sold free movie tickets? Any ideas.

THanks so much.

Starbucks kids love that stuff.
target gift cards
CASH

I did a fundraiser at my daughters school for her culinary class and I gave a $75 gift certificate to the student with the most $ in sales.

Then for everyone who sold over $100 would go into a raffle for a $50 gift certifcate.

Starbucks is a good idea
Local favorite Mall
Mystery Cash Envelopes (maybe some have $1, $5, $20 in them?)
See if any of the local fast food joints would donate some GC's...

Good luck!!

lynnguilm said:
I did a fundraiser at my daughters school for her culinary class and I gave a $75 gift certificate to the student with the most $ in sales.

Then for everyone who sold over $100 would go into a raffle for a $50 gift certifcate.
Did you set a minimum? I would be afraid that no one would sell much, and then I would be out $125 in GC's.

Great idea, though, I just don't want anyone giving away the shirt off thier back!

Those are great ideas about the gift certificates. I could do a local mall GC.

Kelly, you bring up a good point about a minimum in sales. It would really stink to use up all my commission for show incentives.

I did this - I teach in a high school, and the home ec teacher came to me and asked to buy... 7 sets of exec. cookware!! I did 5 sets, then the 6th and 7th were bought-down with host dollars (points back then).

They get a better deal if you name the teacher as the host and the school as the shipping site.

If you are looking for a fundraiser, hit up the cheerleaders or the band - do batter bowls mixes (see Consultant's Corner, oldest Celebrations recipes--friendship brownie mix is Awesome!)to kickoff, give every kid 5 catalogs and hold a "concluding" demo show with an open house. I've done this twice, first one made $3K with 800 to the group (I donated my commission - OOPS!) and second one made 1.6K with 340 to the group. (I donated half my commission)

Buzz me back for more info. God Bless, Take Care!

just a thoughthere is an idea for you like a registry you could have the school write up a list of what they are looking for. The customers would buy from that list and also get a tax dedution for donation. Something out of the box thinking.

Question 1: How do I properly use my new kitchen gadget?

The best way to learn how to use your new kitchen gadget is to follow the instructions included with the product. If you are still having trouble, you can also check the Pampered Chef website for instructional videos and tips.

Question 2: What is the best way to clean my Pampered Chef products?

We recommend hand washing your Pampered Chef products with warm soapy water. Avoid using harsh abrasives or putting them in the dishwasher, as it can damage the product.

Question 3: How can I host a Pampered Chef party?

To host a Pampered Chef party, you can reach out to a Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to find one near you. Your consultant will help you plan the party and provide you with all the necessary information and materials.

Question 4: Can I order Pampered Chef products online?

Yes, you can order Pampered Chef products online through our website. You can also contact a Pampered Chef consultant to place an order.

Question 5: I have a problem with my order, what should I do?

If you have any issues with your order, please reach out to Pampered Chef customer service at 1-888-687-2433 or email us at [email protected]. We will be happy to help resolve any problems you may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
NooraK
  • rebeccasmith
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
rebeccasmith
  • kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies