• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustrated by a Bent Plunger and No Show Number

In summary, Cindy's dishwasher had been filling up, so she decided to hand wash her dishes. She broke her new 2 qt plunger while hand washing and it seems that the dishwasher water wasn't hot enough to cause the plunger to melt.
Cindycooks
Silver Member
UGGGGG I am so mad! Just got home from a show where I sold 6 QSP's with the $60 purchase. I am in my kitchen washing dishes - filled the sink with warm (not hot) water. Put in my dishes to wash - lifted the QSP lid and pluger out and the plunger part is totally bent almost like an "L". I will not even plunge now. Thing is I can't even remember how I got the thing. (it is the new style 2qt one). Did we earn them when Spring/Summer products were introduced? I do not have a show number to do a product adjustment - I guess I will email customer service. This is not good! The water was not even hot and I just sold 6 of these things! It was not in the water 20 seconds - just long enough to get wet and soapy and for me to lift it out to sponge off. UGGGGGH....

was it in the hot car? I have heard of that happening. If you go on the web site for product adjustments you should be able to find out where/ when/ how you got it.

Nope the car isnt even hot. It is 72 here today. We used it at the party for bloody marys and it was fine there. Rinsed it out at the host house and then brought it home - 10 minutes away. I put it in the water separate from the container part - lifted it up - and it was melted. I'm telling you the water is very warm but not hot and surely not warm enough to melt it. I am totally baffled. Plus - it says dishwasher safe as long as away from the heating elements and dishwashers get way hotter than my water was. I am going to look it up later and see if I can remember how I got it.

that's weird!!!( twight light zone theme playing in background) good luck.

They came out in the Spring products and we could earn them and/or purchase them as samples.

How strange!!

That is so strange Cindy! :rolleyes: I got home a little while ago from a show and I washed all my dishes in the dishwasher. I just pulled it out and it is fine, even after the heating/drying part.;) I would definitely get them to take care of that for you! Good Luck and keep us posted!

On my way to another show!! Wish me luck!:D

I emailed Customer Service. Since I earned this, I have no show number and no idea where my packing slip is from the Spring Products & this will teach me to even save those. I let it dry - and now it is even discolored - like solid white instead of see-thru. I am wondering if it could have something to do with the acidity in the tomato juice from the bloody marys - strange but I dont know what else it could be! BUT it was not like that at the hosts house - only happened when I put it in the dish water!
The only reason I was hand-washing was my dishwasher was full!

Last edited:
My director is on her third one. They don't stain like the old one but they also aren't as strong. One melted and the plunger snapped on the other.

Last edited:
I managed to drop mine last night and broke it about 30 minutes before a show. Nice huh? The bottom cracked when it hit my tile floor. Nothing to show off for the rest of the month, darn it. I was going to do mojitos for a friends show, too.

I have a past host who just emailed me b/c her plunger melted in the dishwasher. And get this--they are making her send THE WHOLE PITCHER back before she can get a new one. It's been more than 30 days. *sigh*

At my cluster meeting last night - 3 other consultants said they had had the same problem! All 3 had guests who said the plunger melted, PC made them return it.
This is really disturbing that there is this much of a problem with this product - I'm just saying get ready because with all these free ones getting earned in August, there is bound to be problems and people are sure not gonna want to "pay" to have something returned that they earned for free.....

Looks like the old one was better. I have the old one and I put it in the dishwasher all the time. Just goes to show you, if it isn't broke don't fix it!

That's odd. I've had a couple of the old ones for years with no problem. I've used the new ones (both sizes) many, many times with no problem. I wonder if there was a bad batch of plastic used to make some of them. Hmm.

I like the new ones better because I think the handles feel better, and they look nicer.

I washed mine on the top shelf of the dishwasher (away from the heating element) and the plunger is now crooked. I called PC and they are sending me a new one. I got it as part of a new product package and they just looked it up for me (don't worry that you don't have the show number on things like that). They are insisting I send the entire pitcher back - annoying that I have to pay shipping on the full weight of the product - good thing it's light.

Related to Frustrated by a Bent Plunger and No Show Number

1. Why is my plunger bent?

It is possible that the plunger may have become bent due to excessive force or pressure during use. It is important to use the plunger gently and avoid putting too much pressure on it.

2. Can I still use the plunger if it is bent?

If the plunger is only slightly bent, it may still be usable. However, if it is severely bent, it may not work properly and could potentially cause damage to your plumbing. It is best to replace a bent plunger to ensure effective use.

3. How can I prevent my plunger from becoming bent?

To prevent your plunger from becoming bent, make sure to use it gently and avoid putting too much pressure on it. It is also important to store it in a dry and cool place to avoid warping.

4. Why is there no show number on my plunger?

Some plungers may not have a show number printed on them. This does not affect the quality or effectiveness of the plunger in any way. The plunger will still work the same, regardless of whether or not it has a show number.

5. Can I return a bent plunger?

If your plunger arrived already bent or becomes bent shortly after use, please contact our customer service team for a replacement. However, if the plunger becomes bent due to excessive force or misuse, it may not be eligible for a return.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lauradahl
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
colegrovet
  • jrstephens