• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

From Hospital Bed to Recruit: My Inspiring Direct Sales Story

In summary, the person is due to have a baby in the next few months and they have successfully recruited 9 people.
DebPC
Staff member
How you got a recruit stories...I got a call from a past host interested in signing the day after I had an appendectomy. My husband told me and I called her from the hospital. She was very impressed. Signed but didn't last.

I sent out an email to all my inactive recruits when they announced that they were going to send host information from those who's consultant is inactive. I asked if they might want to give it another try or if they wanted to do a show with the new book and if they would please pass on their records so I could give them CC. One of them moved to FL and sent an email this last Sunday that she was thinking of resigning and could I help her.

I did reply (I only have an email at this point for her) and gave her the info she needs and asking for her new contact info. She hasn't replied yet...

When is your due date? Do you know what you're having?

I am due 4/3/08. We will find out in December but we are hoping for a girl!

I am not pregnant BUT my BFF is!!! She is due 1-16-08 and his name will be Ryan. I am VERY excited to get my hands on him!!

I am not but my sis is!! she is due to have a girl in mid March!!

Had one consultant sign by herself online last New Year's Eve...I figured when she figured out what she did (after the alcohol wore off) she would call and ask for an out.

She didn't call....EVER. Total Kit Napper!!!!!

I offer my own kit discount. I had never thought about this until I heard a training tape where an advanced director indicated he paid for the entire kit. I'm certainly not at that level but I will offer a $25.00 discount, sometimes more if there is a good PC recruiting incentive. I create a "kit sale" flyer when I make this offer and make it for a limited time. About 1/2 of my team signed full price, the rest (of my recruits) signed when I was offering a discount.

I have had no kit nappers (so far). What I do have is a team that seems loyal because I was willing to help them get started in a very tangible way.

A recent recruit was someone I had never met. I had been asked to donate a gift to a local women's fitness center and the owner/manager allowed the donors to put out their catalogs/biz cards etc. I had a standing literature holder with a "Kit Sale" sign along with catalogs behind it. A gal who exercised 3 times a week, called me up and signed the next day. She had a good friend who had started a home based candle biz and she was looking for an opportunity in a different home party system so they could build their biz's at the same time. :cool:

She is one of my most successful recruits!

You might have heard this before, but I recruited a lady at our Customer Appreciation party last May. She came and already had a show booked with me for the end of May. Pretty much every way that we had listed to get tickets didn't really apply to her since she already had that show booked, but she was determined to win prizes. She booked a 2nd show with me in June for anyone who didn't make it to her May show.

Then it was getting close to the last drawing and she said what else can I do and I told her she could sign as a consultant and get 25 tickets (she already had her 2 shows and 3 shows that were being referred off of her show, so it was a no brainer!). She signed right there on the spot.

Since then she has recruited 9 people. Some of them kitnappers, but she is learning now that you can't rely on family to have the same enthusiasm as you do!

I offer a deal that when a consultant qualifies in their first 30 days, I will repay them the cost of their kit; in their first 90 days, I repay half of the cost of their kit. This has helped people get motivated to get that $155 back and means more trip points for me to know they are going to qualify!

Hmmm, Chefmeg, I like that idea.!

Can't implement it yet but....I'm going to set a goal to expand my team this next year and then implement your incentive when I get to a certain level. I'm still only earning about an additional 400 a month in director overrides but I think that will change as my team is now recruiting and I have some folks who are solidly doing sales every month. (My first 6 months in biz, I was the only reason I met the team goal of $4000 per month....now my overall team is submitting around 6000 and I think that will go up.)

If I can reach $600-$800 in overrides, I would be comfortable putting such an incentive in place.

happypcgal said:
Hmmm, Chefmeg, I like that idea.!

Can't implement it yet but....I'm going to set a goal to expand my team this next year and then implement your incentive when I get to a certain level. I'm still only earning about an additional 400 a month in director overrides but I think that will change as my team is now recruiting and I have some folks who are solidly doing sales every month. (My first 6 months in biz, I was the only reason I met the team goal of $4000 per month....now my overall team is submitting around 6000 and I think that will go up.)

If I can reach $600-$800 in overrides, I would be comfortable putting such an incentive in place.

I can understand, but I will tell you that it seems to work itself out that they don't all qualify at once! Somehow I only have to pay back one person at a time!

Related to From Hospital Bed to Recruit: My Inspiring Direct Sales Story

1. Can you tell us more about your experience going from a hospital bed to being a successful direct sales recruit?

I was diagnosed with a chronic illness that left me bedridden and unable to work a traditional job. I turned to direct sales as a way to still earn an income and have flexibility while managing my health. Through hard work and determination, I was able to excel in the direct sales industry and achieve my goals.

2. How did your health condition impact your ability to work in direct sales?

At first, it was a challenge to balance my health needs with the demands of direct sales. However, I found ways to adapt and make it work for me. This included utilizing technology to communicate with clients and team members, as well as setting realistic goals and managing my time effectively.

3. What inspired you to share your story with others?

I wanted to show others that they can still achieve their dreams and goals, even in the face of adversity. I hope that my story can inspire and motivate others who may be going through similar challenges to pursue their passions and find success in direct sales.

4. How did you stay motivated and overcome obstacles during your journey in direct sales?

I surrounded myself with a supportive community and leaned on my team for encouragement and guidance. I also focused on my why and the reasons I chose to pursue direct sales, which helped me stay motivated and push through any challenges I faced.

5. What advice do you have for someone who is considering direct sales but may have health limitations?

Don't let your health limitations hold you back from pursuing your dreams. Direct sales offers flexibility and the opportunity to work from home, which can be beneficial for those managing health conditions. It's important to find a company and a team that supports and understands your needs, and to set realistic goals for yourself. With determination and hard work, you can succeed in direct sales despite any health limitations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Sheila
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies