• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Friday Call: Possible Commission Increase at My Company

Incentive? ...that they are not paying out.In summary, Jean Jonas, Senior Vice President of Sales, sent an email to invite people to a conference call on Friday, September 16th to hear about an exciting new initiative for 2012. The call-in details were given in the email and various times were mentioned. The conversation speculates what the new initiative will be, with some people suggesting it may be related to commission structure or changes to the Career Plan. People also discuss the issue of PC Bucks, which is a way for consultants to receive product, supplies, etc, instead of cash.
finley1991
What do you think the call on Friday is going to be about?????

MY hope (hope, hope, hope) is that they are going be increasing our base commission from 20%. So many other companies start at 25% and go up from there... in order to remain competitive (not only in products but with our consultant opp as well), they need to (and should be) considering things like this...

Or maybe electrical appliances. ;) Although I don't find that as exciting and the e-mail said *exciting*...

I'm focusing on the word "initiative" making my guess something to do with charitable giving. IMO career plan changes incl. commission rates would be announced at big meeting (National, Launch). I hope I'm wrong b/c who wouldn't love to see an increase in commission rates! There's always the argument that as product prices increase, our commission automatically increases. Oh, Execs are on their retreat this week. I bet they know!!! Who's got a direct line to their Exec?Did only Directors get this e-mail?

I will be doing the Avon Walk for Breast cancer this weekend so won't catch the call. Please someone let me know. I was hoping they were going to tell us we have a new sales director.

My D is at exec but she's like a steel trap... I can't ever get anything out of her!!!Last time they announced the Career Plan change (the 2nd change to what it is now) they did it via conference call so who knows. I only remember that because I was in the car listening in on the way home from a recruiting interview and almost ran off the road! :pIt must be something though with policy because (according to what my D told me after the last career plan change) they have to give consultants 90+ days notice of any changes per the DSA codes or something like that. I asked her because I wondered why the April start-date for the career plan change (because it seemed so random!) and that's the explanation she gave me...

I never got the email. Did any other Advanced Directors get it?

I think the e-mail is going out in batches. My D (AD) hadn't gotten it as of late this afternoon. I'm only a D but I can't imagine it's a D-level only conference call.

Colleen - very good point about the 90 day notice for change in Career Plan. Hmmmm....

Gotta love PC - always something going on! Keepin' it exciting! I'm trying to get rid of my perpetual Negative Nelly outlook so am thinking that whatever it is, it will be good news.

I'm an AD and didn't get it and neither did mine...

Since others haven't gotten it yet, here it is. Now I'm paying attention to the fact that the e-mail is from Jean and not Marla.

We want you to be among the first to hear about an exciting new initiative we're announcing for 2012.

Please join us this Friday, Sept. 16 on a conference call to hear about it. The call-in details are at the end of this email.

Much Success,
Jean Jonas
Senior Vice President, Sales

CONFERENCE CALL DETAILS:
DATE: Friday, Sept. 16
TIME: 2–3 p.m. (CT)
CALL-IN #: (877) 397-0300
ACCESS CODE: 927735
You may dial in 5-10 minutes prior to start time.

Y'all better fill me in since I lost my D title last month :(

I'm guessing the ADs and SDs will have an earlier call-in time. I can't remember if they did it that way last time...

pamperedlinda said:
Y'all better fill me in since I lost my D title last month :(

Of course we will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :candyheart:

My time is 1 to 2 and I am an AD

Okay Jenni... does that mean you're going to post the details for us?!?!?! :pray:

Yeah! I got invited too...except my call is 4:00....guess I'm in with TLs.

pamperedlinda said:
Yeah! I got invited too...except my call is 4:00....guess I'm in with TLs.

Dangit! That's central time....this would be 5:00 my time....gonna mess with my Friday afternoon Happy Hour! Y'all who are on the earlier call please let us know what's up!

pamperedlinda said:
Dangit! gonna mess with my Friday afternoon Happy Hour!

LMAO!!!!! :roflmao:

finley1991 said:
LMAO!!!!! :roflmao:

Are YOU laughing at me......I really thought YOU would sympathize....lol!

Oh I TOTALLY get it! That's why I'm laughing!!! I normally don't let anything cut into my happy hour time! You know that!!!I would be *virtually* joining you if I didn't have a show that night!!!! ;)

I am an AD and no invite to a call yet?!

Huh? What email? What call? I have heard nothing other than this thread????
Oh - and thanks for hte virtual chocolate ladies - you gals are the bestest!

I'm an AD and didn't get the e-mail either. My downline D did get one, though.

My call time is 2-3pm. I hope it is a commission increase. I was just talking about this today with someone. Our commission structure isn't competitive.

I got the email later tonight. My call is at 1-2 pm.

Maybe they are sending them out by last name --- I am ALWAYS last!!!! Darn DH!

I had another thought... Maybe it's some kind of ad campaign... But they don't need to give us notice on anything like that... I'm keeping my fingers crossed on the commission thing!

Just got it -- 1-2pm.

It HAS to be something regarding a change or new career issue...Execs just had their meetings and they most likely told them already.

Hopefully they are NOT changing the career plan again -- geez -- I am holding out hope!

My only other thought on this is that too many are being hosed by the *paid-as* issue. Surely they'd have to address that at some point...

We're getting hosed on the production bonus issue. When I'm not paid as D, my AD is not getting production bonus on my people either. PC is not paying production bonus on anyone on a D team when that D is not paid as.

I agree with Colleen -- I know of LOTS of Nationals who are not getting "Paid As" NED's each month -- several thousands lost for them I am sure.

In talking with my husband this morning, he mentioned that he doubted that they would do a "paid as TITLE" instead of "paid as ACTIVITY" for EVERYONE....there would be no incentive then for Directors to produce monthly.

One thing is for sure, they surely "Sold It" to the Execs as to what a great program it is -- and we will see....remember how "fabulous" that 'other' Career Plan was at Leadership 2009?

I agree about the Paid-As title issues. I can't believe they would go back there.Like Sandra said, our commission is just not competitive with other companies. I just hope that if it is a commission increase, they don't do a b.s. move and offer a % in *business credits* like other companies do. I like that we get cash and only cash and we can earn other things through the monthly incentives.Darn it that's it's only Wednesday!!! :p

Yes, hoping for the best -- more commission -- yay!

finley1991 said:
I just hope that if it is a commission increase, they don't do a b.s. move and offer a % in *business credits* like other companies do.

Further explanation, please. Basically getting PC bucks? I've never heard of this before.

Yes, I'm sure they're "selling" it to the Execs who are in the great position of being able to give feedback right away, talk amongst themselves to come up with all of the angles.

I'm just not gonna order any recruiting materials cuz if they're changing things AGAIN that will mean another version of brochures.

Becca_in_MD said:
Further explanation, please. Basically getting PC bucks? I've never heard of this before.

Yes... that's exactly what it is. SLAH used to do it... they got xx% commission and xx% in business credits to get product, supplies, etc. I *think* 31 gifts does something similar but I'm not 100% clear... the girl I spoke to said her base is 25% with a 5% business credit (or something like that... I can't remember exactly what she called it).

I honestly like the incentives HO offers, especially the PC$ for new consultants... I've had 2-3 who have earned over $500 in their first 3 months this year alone!

Is it Friday yet?

finley1991 said:
My only other thought on this is that too many are being hosed by the *paid-as* issue. Surely they'd have to address that at some point...

What do you mean by this?

This is what Colleen means:I am an AD -- I get the $10 Activity Bonus for each active on my personal Team. If my Downline Director is "paid as" a Director, she gets her $10 Activity Bonus per active consultant, but if she is not paid as a Director, she does not get her $10 Activity Bonus per active consultant and neither do I.Company wide, that could be a lot of money each month that no one gets.

jwpamp said:
This is what Colleen means:

I am an AD -- I get the $10 Activity Bonus for each active on my personal Team. If my Downline Director is "paid as" a Director, she gets her $10 Activity Bonus per active consultant, but if she is not paid as a Director, she does not get her $10 Activity Bonus per active consultant and neither do I.

Company wide, that could be a lot of money each month that no one gets.

Well isn't that interesting?? I never noticed that before!!! So you only get it once the downline Director loses their title too?

Yes. I have lost a lot since my downline Director promoted.

jwpamp said:
Yes. I have lost a lot since my downline Director promoted.
Yeah it's really when your second Director promotes that you're losing right? Because you don't get any increase in % but you lose your activity bonus for both the Director and their team. Very interesting. I'd never really thought of it before.i'll be interested to hear what you guys find out. Canada is usually a few months or a year behind you...

PamperedK said:
Yeah it's really when your second Director promotes that you're losing right? Because you don't get any increase in % but you lose your activity bonus for both the Director and their team. Very interesting. I'd never really thought of it before.i'll be interested to hear what you guys find out. Canada is usually a few months or a year behind you...
Yes, basically I lose the $10 Activity Fee because her team is not my "Personal Team" anymore and I don't get the 4% override (I only get 3%) because she is not at "Director" level for that month.In one month I lost $50, in another $70 (she didn't have the $5k but did have the 6 consultants -- and then you have to add her in, too)....it adds up. And I still support everyone in my entire organization.

I got the email. My time is 1-2 as well, which means I cannot participate as I have students at that time. ARRGH!! I can't wait to hear!!

I agree...lots of money lost. We also lose out financially with 2nd gen D's because of the $100 bonus in lieu of a percentage. Curious to see what the exciting news is.

try having 3 gens down and only the 2nd makes it....over $500 lost for me last month :sick:

This is part of an email that I just received from my Exec. Dir. :

I am currently in AZ at Exe seminar. BIG things to share!!
I would love to call a Sunday nite Director call.....this Sunday
More info to come...
Hmmmmm.....She's not a big communicator, and she NEVER spills the beans on anything, so the fact that she sent this must mean it's pretty big news, I think.

Praying it's GOOD news!

Looking at the definition:
Initiative
1. an introductory act or step; leading action: to take the initiative in making friends.
2. readiness and ability in initiating action; enterprise: to lack initiative.
3. one's personal, responsible decision: to act on one's own initiative.
4. Government .
a. a procedure by which a specified number of voters may propose a statute, constitutional amendment, or ordinance, and compel a popular vote on its adoption. Compare referendum ( def. 1 ) .
b. the general right or ability to present a new bill or measure, as in a legislature.​
I'm predicting 4a ~ we'll get a voice in something ... maybe incentives?

Sheila said:
I'm predicting 4a ~ we'll get a voice in something ... maybe incentives?

That's a perk of being an ED and above. We used to be able to vote on the HWC products but they did away with that at least 5 years ago which was a bummer.

Ouch Jenni!

Since it's coming from Jean, I'm thinking it's going to be about recruiting or structure. Might be a end of the year promotion/incentive or a finish strong kind of pep talk with a company challenge or something. Or a wahoo recruiting club perk.

I'm betting on definition 2: initiating action; enterprise.

It's worded as a 2012 initiative, so I assume it starts in Jan. A new partnership with another corporation? We had all of those Pillsbury coupons with the recipe cards when I started. Or we're buying someone out. Man, what if we merged with TS?!?

I'm still placing my money on charitable giving, ie. a revamp of the HWC campaign. Though to be really sure, bet it's NOT something I've thought of. I am never right. :)

<h2>1. What is the potential topic of the Friday call at Pampered Chef?</h2><p>The potential topic of the Friday call at Pampered Chef is a possible commission increase.</p><h2>2. Is there any speculation about what the increase could be for?</h2><p>There is speculation that the increase could be for our base commission rate of 20%. Other possibilities include new products or electrical appliances.</p><h2>3. Why do you think the company should consider increasing our base commission?</h2><p>I believe the company should consider increasing our base commission in order to remain competitive with other companies in the industry. Many other companies start at 25% commission and go up from there, so it is important for Pampered Chef to stay competitive in order to attract and retain consultants.</p><h2>4. Is there any indication that the increase could be for a different aspect of the business?</h2><p>The email did mention something "exciting", so it is possible that the increase could be for something other than our base commission, such as new electrical appliances. However, this is just speculation and we will have to wait for the call to find out for sure.</p><h2>5. When will we find out more information about the potential commission increase?</h2><p>The Friday call is when we will find out more information about the potential commission increase. The email did not specify a time, so make sure to check your email or with your team leader for the call time and details.</p>

1. What is the potential topic of the Friday call at Pampered Chef?

The potential topic of the Friday call at Pampered Chef is a possible commission increase.

2. Is there any speculation about what the increase could be for?

There is speculation that the increase could be for our base commission rate of 20%. Other possibilities include new products or electrical appliances.

3. Why do you think the company should consider increasing our base commission?

I believe the company should consider increasing our base commission in order to remain competitive with other companies in the industry. Many other companies start at 25% commission and go up from there, so it is important for Pampered Chef to stay competitive in order to attract and retain consultants.

4. Is there any indication that the increase could be for a different aspect of the business?

The email did mention something "exciting", so it is possible that the increase could be for something other than our base commission, such as new electrical appliances. However, this is just speculation and we will have to wait for the call to find out for sure.

5. When will we find out more information about the potential commission increase?

The Friday call is when we will find out more information about the potential commission increase. The email did not specify a time, so make sure to check your email or with your team leader for the call time and details.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Ginger428
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • baychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • Malinda Klein