• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Free Recipe: Delicious Veggie Lasagna

I find that most people are really interested in the peanut brittle concept when I demo it with the pastry mat and the pastry cutter. I usually also have a graham cracker tree on hand to show how easy it is to do. I also sell a lot of the pastry mats, deb!I have also been showing how it can be a great Christmas gift by doing one of the trees in a cellophane bag (bought them at hobby lobby) tied up with a pretty ribbon, and sitting on one of the small Christmas Tree Plates. People really like that!
wadesgirl
Gold Member
Does anyone have this typed out already? I had a few guests tonight who want it and I was going to just post it on my website.

Never mind, had a brain lapse but figured it out!

Which book is this in?

LOVE LOVE LOVE This recipie!

It's all behind CC with teh Homemade for the Holidays recipes.

Duh, thanks Deb! I must be tired...heading off to bed now. Nite!

whose done this as a demo? is it a good demo? TIA.... trying to figure out what I'm making for my show Friday!

MissChef said:
whose done this as a demo? is it a good demo? TIA.... trying to figure out what I'm making for my show Friday!

I've done this as a recipe twice, and decided I won't do it anymore. Personally, I think it's a great demo, but -

I've been frustrated both times by people commenting the whole time about how you can do the same thing by smushing a rolo on top of a pretzel, and putting a pecan on top.:yuck:
Not nearly as good as the PC recipe - but I haven't been able to counter it successfully - so I'm back to doing the cranberry crunch bark!

Yeah, the pretzel rolo thing is popular around here also. I'm just sticking to the bark as well.

ChefBeckyD said:
I've done this as a recipe twice, and decided I won't do it anymore. Personally, I think it's a great demo, but -

I've been frustrated both times by people commenting the whole time about how you can do the same thing by smushing a rolo on top of a pretzel, and putting a pecan on top.:yuck:
Not nearly as good as the PC recipe - but I haven't been able to counter it successfully - so I'm back to doing the cranberry crunch bark!

DebbieJ said:
Yeah, the pretzel rolo thing is popular around here also. I'm just sticking to the bark as well.

thanks for the advice ladies..... I hate it when people do that to me at my shows.... i've never made the festive bark crunch.... does it turn out really good? Does it show a lot of products? do you do the celephone bags with it?
TIA!

The festive bark crunch uses the classic batter bowl, the food chopper, a flat stone, parchment paper, and a scraper. Its incredibly easy and sets up in minutes on a cold stone.

myinnerchef said:
The festive bark crunch uses the classic batter bowl, the food chopper, a flat stone, parchment paper, and a scraper. Its incredibly easy and sets up in minutes on a cold stone.
I use the Silicone Pastry Mat instead. When it's set, we just break it apart and eat it. No bags needed. Or, the host provides sandwich bags for everyone to take some home.

thanks for the advice ladies

I've always used the parchment paper so I can do the quick-set with a cold stone. Do you use the mat over the stone instead? Or do you just wait longer for the chocolate to harden?

myinnerchef said:
I've always used the parchment paper so I can do the quick-set with a cold stone. Do you use the mat over the stone instead? Or do you just wait longer for the chocolate to harden?

I've done it both ways. It sets up pretty fast either way.

DebbieJ said:
I use the Silicone Pastry Mat instead.

When it's set, we just break it apart and eat it. No bags needed. Or, the host provides sandwich bags for everyone to take some home.

do you sell a lot of the pastry mats, deb? i've noticed that people sound more interested in it when I tell them they can do peanut brittle and i'm sure showing that concept in action must help!....

I use the pastry mat for the bark as well, and this year I've also used the pastry cutter to score it.:thumbup:
I use the flat stone or bar pan under the mat. I toast the almonds in the 8" saute pan to get in a little cookware demo too.;)

I have also been showing how it can be a great Christmas gift by doing one of the trees in a cellophane bag (bought them at hobby lobby) tied up with a pretty ribbon, and sitting on one of the small Christmas Tree Plates. People really like that!

I personally think that the Turtle Pretzel Recipe is too much for a demo. I like really short and easy demo's b/c I really want to keep my show under one hour. I really like the Toffee Crisps (on the graham crackers) --- oh, I ate waaaay too many of them b/c they are sooooo good.

I made the Turtle Pretzels and people loved them but they are a PAIN to make :)

DebbieJ said:

Okay, tell me how to do the Rolo thing, because the PC recipe seems to much. How would I get the Rolo to melt before "smushing" it on top?

http://www.recipezaar.com/Those-Pretzel-Things-Pecan-Rollo-Bites-95220

So, I've been wanting to try the PC recipe, but now I'm wondering, from anyone who has made both "versions", is it worth the extra effort to do it the PC way?

Maybe I should start a poll :).

I love them the PC way, they are not difficult to make, I thought the brownie lollypops were much harder/ messier.

I went by the store on the way home last night and picked up Rolos and Pretzel twists (I already had pecan halves). I made about 50 (a whole bar pan) of the Recipezaar version in just a few minutes; the hardest part was unwrapping the Rolos. I'm sorry but their version is WAAY easier than the PC version (and I do LOVE all things PC!).

I'm also going to make some pretzel wreaths with both the white and the chocolate almond bark and the Cranberry Crunch Bark and the modified Candy Cane Brownie Lollipops using the DMMP. Thanks everyone for all your ideas!​

AnnieBee said:
So, I've been wanting to try the PC recipe, but now I'm wondering, from anyone who has made both "versions", is it worth the extra effort to do it the PC way?

Maybe I should start a poll :).

WAAAAY Worth it!

Personally - I think Rolos taste a bit like stale wax. We've often been given those Rolo Turtles as part of cookie trays, etc...and they just get thrown out here. (Part of being a food snob is also being a candy snob!:rolleyes:)

I love the PC ones! I toast the pecans first, and then I used Werthers Soft Caramels melted for the caramel. (they firm up, but are softer for chewing.) and I use dark chocolate instead of milk. We are making some today in fact!

I want to try these, but after reading all of the posts, can't decide which version to try!

I just made a double batch, half white choc, half dark, and they are so yummy! I only have a few for us as they are going to be for our teacher gifts and some for MIL and FIL.

I have a few spare rolo's so I am going to try the other to compare and contrast... :)

Related to Free Recipe: Delicious Veggie Lasagna

1. What ingredients do I need to make this veggie lasagna?

The ingredients for this delicious veggie lasagna include lasagna noodles, marinara sauce, ricotta cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese, vegetables (such as spinach, zucchini, and bell peppers), and your choice of seasonings.

2. How long does it take to prepare this recipe?

The preparation time for this veggie lasagna is approximately 30 minutes, and the cooking time is 45 minutes. So, the total time for preparing and cooking this dish is about 1 hour and 15 minutes.

3. Can I use different types of vegetables for this lasagna?

Yes, you can use any vegetables of your choice for this recipe. Some popular options include eggplant, mushrooms, onions, and carrots. Just make sure to chop them into small pieces before adding them to the lasagna.

4. Can I make this lasagna ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble this lasagna ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to 24 hours before baking. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months and bake it directly from the freezer when ready to serve.

5. Can I substitute the ricotta cheese with cottage cheese?

Yes, you can use cottage cheese instead of ricotta cheese in this recipe. However, the texture and flavor may be slightly different, but it will still taste delicious.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JessBarszcz
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
minirottie
  • missyciccolella
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • chefsteph07