• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Franklin Covey Organizer for Pampered Chef: Pros & Cons

In summary, the Franklin Covey planner does not have enough room to list all the appointments and tasks that a busy woman like myself needs.
gingerjenny
Does anyone have the franklin covey organizer made just for PC? Do you like it? Could you use it for other things? It doesnt show a lot about it online. Jen

Personally, I hate it. I have a full time job, and the President of a Non Profit organization and sell Pampered Chef and there isn't enough room. They only leave a very small area for things to do...it just is not big enough. The notepad in the back is nice but the sheets tear off so you lose them. It is in a really nice binder but I won't be getting a refil in 07 unless they change the format. I will go back to my plain franklin covey pages where I have more room. I have spoke with others in my cluster that PC is their only job and they say they don't have enough room either. I think it is a personal preference thing. Hope this helps.

I hate it too! And, in my former job I was a long-time user of a Franklin Covey planner. I am much more effective using my good old free planner that Home Office gives us, and keeping that in sync with my Pampered Partner tasks.

Recently I removed the inside calendar pages of my Franklin planner, and slipped my old PC calendar inside and now carry that to meetings!

The one thing I really didn't like about the F.C. binder is that I like to be able to carry my business as portable as possible - so that as I am sitting at baseball practices and field hockey, appointments, etc....I can make phone calls and have everything at my finger tips. When I switched over to the FC binder, I found I was now carrying TWO binders....the FC calendar and my "business binder".....it got to be cumbersome.

My most effective method is having a 3 ring binder that zips closed. In this I carry everything.....the most recent KCN, specials, reference items, a zippered pouch with business cards, pens, small calculator, etc. tabbed sections for follow up with booking leads, recruit leads, etc.

Melinda

Melinda, I am with you...you hit the nail on the head...my husband is always asking me why I am carrying 2 binders in my briefcase...next year there will only be one...I am tired of lugging 2 around. If there was some way I could swap over now I would definitley do it. I have been thinking about writing Franklin Covey a letter and letting them know that it isn't working for a lot of us career oriented women!

I actually did contact Franklin Covey and their response was something like "thanks for your input, but we consulted heavily with Home Office in the design and think its good so we're not changing!"

Melinda

I didn't purchase the Pampered Chef "binder" from Franklin Covey, just the calendar insert. My reason? I carry a planner cover that is a 3-ring binder and had other things that I wanted to continue to carry around. I took the Franklin Covey planner to a printer and had holes drilled in it so I could put it in my 3-ring planner cover. I like it okay. I use the weekly pages as a "to do" list for the day (instead of listing out appointments).

Good news, the 2007 calendar was at National Conference. The spiral is MUCH bigger (no, that's not the good news) so I think you may have to purchase a different cover from Franklin Covey if you want to use one stamped with Th Pampered Chef. Please check with the company to be sure before you spend more money.

Okay, the good news is that the pages have already been drilled AND there are tabs on the monthly section of the calendar. I do plan to purchase just the insert for 2007 and will use a pair of snips to cut the wire spiral and use the calendar in my 3-ring planner cover.

Have I confused you completely or just a bit? :)

I personally LOVE the Franklin Covey planner. I do 2-4 Pampered Chef shows a week and this is my only job. It has help me tremendously on recruiting because of the rolling contact list in the front of the book. I went from four all last year to 11 so far this year! I took both classes at conference and for those that aren't already using a system this is GREAT

I have recently taken the Franklin Covey class for business executives and I loved the class and loved the way that they taught me to stay organized...however, I need more room in my planner to support all I do...I guess I am just too busy...Chefjeanine, you did not confuse me, you actually helped me. Is there more room on the to do section?

nicolespcshows said:
Is there more room on the to do section?

Nicole,

I don't think the layout changed at all. Anyone else notice a change in this area?

If they layout didn't change...count me out. It would be great if I only used it for Pampered Chef and family stuff but for work it just doesn't have enough room. If anyone knows about the layout I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance,

I keep toying with the idea of buying a Franklin Covery PC planner but I am not sure if I want to or not, I use the calender right now that I got from PC for free but I slip it inside a black leather binder with the PC logo on it that came with my booster kit when I signed up in April of this year...... It looks almost like the Franklin Covey planner but a little differnt know one knows the differnce....... I use my PC Calender for everything personal, work and PC, I don't like not having room to write especially sience I work another job other than PC and I am a MOM TOO!!!

I didn't get to go to conf. this year...I don't have the FC organizer either, but have been eying it...I need to get better organized! I'm interested to hear what the couple of you that took the class at conf. learned....have any good tips?

I love my PC Franklin planner - PC is my only job outside the home, so I can see where it wouldn't be enough for those with other jobs though! For me it is just right! Before this I was using the Planner from PC - so it's a huge improvement!
I took the 101 session for FP at Conference, and loved it! The biggest tip I received was to spend 20-30 minutes planning your week (with your family - like on Sun. night or another down time when you are together) and then each morning spend 10 minutes planning your day (on your own - with a cup of coffee:) ) Just that simple trick is already helping me! There was so much more though - I highly recommend going to this - I'd love to go to an extended one if there was one happening in my area!

ChefBeckyD said:
I love my PC Franklin planner - PC is my only job outside the home, so I can see where it wouldn't be enough for those with other jobs though! For me it is just right! Before this I was using the Planner from PC - so it's a huge improvement!
I took the 101 session for FP at Conference, and loved it! The biggest tip I received was to spend 20-30 minutes planning your week (with your family - like on Sun. night or another down time when you are together) and then each morning spend 10 minutes planning your day (on your own - with a cup of coffee:) ) Just that simple trick is already helping me! There was so much more though - I highly recommend going to this - I'd love to go to an extended one if there was one happening in my area!
That's a really great idea!!! Sometimes my husband and I are not totally on the same page each week and need to compare our schedules more...we need to just pick a time when we're all together on Sunday and do that!

Thanks for the tip!!!

I'm glad I didn't purchase it after I've read what some of you have to say. But I don't like the one from the HO either. The flat one was much better.

Palm PilotDo any of you use a Palm Pilot or other PDA to keep your schedule? I was using that before I started with PC and I can't give it up, but I'd like to find some good ways to incorporate it into my business. I like that with the paper organizer you can put post-its on the dates that you want to have shows so that potential hosts can see easily what is available. I'm just not sure how to do that with a PDA, unless I print out my calendar and do the same. I'd still have to carry a paper calendar and try to remember the available dates when I'm out and about without my PC binder. Any thoughts?

I thought this would be great and help me keep organized. I do like the tips and such but the three problems I have with it are the size, the small to do area and the spiral binding. I'm a SAHM but still found the to do list small to keep up with who I wanted to call, kids appointments, church activities and just general errands! I definately will not be purchasing it again. I like the idea of a regular binder and then hole punching pages. I'll be looking for some different inserts to keep me on track and probably just bring the free planner to shows for open dates. I have started using the Pampered Partner program and print out my to do list for contacts at the beginning of the week. That way I can always carry that with me.

I had a pda but found that I just still really like the paper method. Maybe if they integrated with PP? :)

I love my planner and I just ordered a bunch for my cluster. We will be doing training at a cluster meeting on how to use them. Since it is nearing the end of the year, they are on sale for only $9.95. That is a great deal! Then in January we can just buy new inserts. I ordered them at the Frankiln Covey store in Chicago at conference and there was no shipping or tax.

Having homeschooled my sons and ran an in home day care, and did Pampered Chef I am a long time user of the full size :) Franklin Planner. LOVE IT!

When PC introduced this one I did not buy it b/c it does not have the features that are in my planner. I wish that PC would have just partnered with FC to make refill pages with a PC'ish background. And a PC binder.

There's no way I'm giving up my full size planner.

I also did use a PDA........but in my little opinion, nothing beats writing it down and flipping pages. I'll stick with paper.
My PDA crashed and I lost everything on it. I know dumb me..........didn't back it up on my computer.

Kris

1. What are the benefits of using the Franklin Covey Organizer for Pampered Chef?

The Franklin Covey Organizer for Pampered Chef offers several benefits for consultants, including improved organization, time management, and goal-setting. It also provides a convenient place to keep track of contacts, schedules, and important business documents.

2. Can I customize the Franklin Covey Organizer for Pampered Chef to fit my specific needs?

Yes, the Franklin Covey Organizer for Pampered Chef is designed to be customizable. You can choose from a variety of layouts and formats to create a personalized organizer that works best for you and your business.

3. Are there any downsides to using the Franklin Covey Organizer for Pampered Chef?

The main downside of the Franklin Covey Organizer for Pampered Chef is the initial cost. However, many consultants find that the benefits and increased productivity outweigh the cost in the long run.

4. Can I still use the Franklin Covey Organizer for Pampered Chef if I am not familiar with the Franklin Covey system?

Yes, the Franklin Covey Organizer for Pampered Chef is designed to be user-friendly for those who are not familiar with the Franklin Covey system. It provides step-by-step instructions and resources to help you get started.

5. Does the Franklin Covey Organizer for Pampered Chef come with any additional resources or training?

Yes, the Franklin Covey Organizer for Pampered Chef comes with access to online training and support from both Pampered Chef and Franklin Covey. This includes webinars, tutorials, and other resources to help you make the most out of your organizer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Momma23boys
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefann
  • Brookeskitchen
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jessica_momof6
  • winklermom