• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

forThose of You Who Have Made the Aloha Pizza...

In summary, someone used a resealable bag to drizzle the remaining BBQ sauce over the pizza and it stained it.
kcjodih
Gold Member
what kind of barbecue sauce did you use? I have to make it Tuesday night and my director says she makes it 1/4 cup ketchup and 1/2 tsp PC Sweet and Smoky BBQ rub. I soooo don't want it to taste horrible :eek: since I have a lead there that has booked for April 1st and wants to sign then.

Helpppppppp!!

We just finished supper (the dishes are still on the table) and I made AP for the first time. I just used a plain ol' bottled sauce from the g-store. My family really liked it, but when I demostrate it at a show, I will probably use more garlic with the oil on the crust, and definately spread more BBQ sauce over the crust. I wasn't sure how potent the BBQ flavor would be, so I was hesitant to add more. I think I will mix up some ketchup and BBQ rub just to taste what that sauce is like. If it as good as your director says, it would be another way to sell the rub with grilling season upon us.

I've tried 4 different kinds - the Sweet Baby Ray's regular kind has been the crowd favorite so far.

I used original KC Masterpiece & it was yummy. :)

Have any of you tried baking it with the pineapple, pepper and onion on it when you put on the cheese and chicken, instead of adding it at the end? I reheated some leftovers with everything on it and I think it tasted just as good, if not better!

pcjulie said:
Have any of you tried baking it with the pineapple, pepper and onion on it when you put on the cheese and chicken, instead of adding it at the end? I reheated some leftovers with everything on it and I think it tasted just as good, if not better!

My director baked it with everything on it. I liked it much better that way.

I made it last week for my family. We baked it with everything on it too. It was delish...

Just make sure you use a sweeter BBQ sauce. Sweet Baby Ray's is always a winner. But don't use something like Open Pit or Stubb's. Those wouldn't work.

DebbieJ said:
Just make sure you use a sweeter BBQ sauce. Sweet Baby Ray's is always a winner. But don't use something like Open Pit or Stubb's. Those wouldn't work.

I used Bull's Eye.

I made it for my show Friday and used Kraft Original. It was a big hit.

I second the kc masterpiece. just the right spice and not too sweet.

Thanks all for your opinions. I will make up some of what my director suggested tomorrow and see how I feel on the taste. If I don't like it I'll bring along my Kraft original and the Bold BBQ sauce I have and let the host choose

I'm just looking at the recipe directions now and it states 'spread half of the bbq suace evenly over the crust with the back of the Easy Adj Measuring Spoon" Why on earth are they suggesting using the measuring spoon to spread and not a spreader or spatula?

Anyone?

Thanks all for your opinions. I will make up some of what my director suggested tomorrow and see how I feel on the taste. If I don't like it I'll bring along my Kraft original and the Bold BBQ sauce I have and let the host choose

I'm just looking at the recipe directions now and it states 'spread half of the bbq suace evenly over the crust with the back of the Easy Adj Measuring Spoon" Why on earth are they suggesting using the measuring spoon to spread and not a spreader or spatula?

Anyone?

Another question....do you all use a resealable bag to drizzle the remaining bbq sauce over the pizza or could I use the decorator bottle set instead (or would that be silly :confused: )

My director made it for us yesterday. She said that the first time she made it...it was wayyy too thick with two crusts - so she only used one this time. She used Kraft BBQ sauce I believe. It was really good. Personally, I'd put extra BBQ sauce on it. And I'd put everything on it before I baked it...

Oh and she also used more garlic/oil on the crust.

I just drizzle the BBQ sauce right from the bottle. I hate fussing with plastic bags.

kcjodih said:
Another question....do you all use a resealable bag to drizzle the remaining bbq sauce over the pizza or could I use the decorator bottle set instead (or would that be silly :confused: )

I used the decorator bottle and the BBQ sauce stained it so I would not use it

Has anyone thought about putting Ham on this?

janetupnorth said:
I've tried 4 different kinds - the Sweet Baby Ray's regular kind has been the crowd favorite so far.
You can never go wrong with Sweet Baby Ray's! That's always the favorite!

I used regular b-b-q sauce. It was SOOO good!!!

thats a great idea
kcjodih said:

Nope don't think it would be silly, it shows another use for the bottles. At my next show I am going to walk through the catty and my main goal (as a game) is going to see if we can find atleast three uses for each chosen product. 1. gets them thinking out side the box, 2. keeps them interacting. ;)

You could also pour some in your prep bowl and use a spoon, dip the spoon in and drizzle. I don't have the bottles so its a spoon for me :)

I used a sandwich bag and it looked pretty. I also used Kraft bbq sauce cause it was cheapest. (im cheap) but it was really good and it wasnt a really bold BBQ sauce. HTH

Jilleysue said:
Has anyone thought about putting Ham on this?

My cluster has tried it with chicken, pork (leftover porkchops) and ham.....and they are all good!!

We also did bake it with everyone on as well - much better in my opinion!!

I think that it is so funny that there is an entire thread about the bbq sauce... everyone made it such a huge deal at my cluster meeting too! Guess I use enough of it to realize there are so many different kinds of bbq sauce! LOL

I used Kraft bbq sauce.DELISH!!!!!

jenniferknapp said:
We also did bake it with everyone on as well - much better in my opinion!!

How'd you all fit? :confused:

janetupnorth said:
How'd you all fit? :confused:

hahahaha....i have people on my mind! I mean that we baked it with everyTHING on it (pineapple, meat, etc) .....:rolleyes:

For those who have baked the pizza with everything...Did you assemble the pizza exactly like it says in the recipe and just bake the whole thing? Or did you change the order of the ingredients so the cheese was on top? Did you omit the green onion garnish?

Kim

kkimpinski said:
For those who have baked the pizza with everything...Did you assemble the pizza exactly like it says in the recipe and just bake the whole thing? Or did you change the order of the ingredients so the cheese was on top? Did you omit the green onion garnish?

Kim

Well I did it totally by mistake - not reading the directions closely, and got ahead of myself! I did sprinkle a bit more cheese on the top after the pineapple mixture,baked it, and then drizzled more bbq sauce on it when it came out of the oven and did the green onion garnish - everyone loved it!

jenniferknapp said:
I think that it is so funny that there is an entire thread about the bbq sauce... everyone made it such a huge deal at my cluster meeting too! Guess I use enough of it to realize there are so many different kinds of bbq sauce! LOL

Now, you know we can talk allday or longer about anything or nothing!

ChefBeckyD said:
Well I did it totally by mistake - not reading the directions closely, and got ahead of myself! I did sprinkle a bit more cheese on the top after the pineapple mixture,baked it, and then drizzled more bbq sauce on it when it came out of the oven and did the green onion garnish - everyone loved it!
Becky, thanks for your help. Guess what's for supper tonight at my house!:D

I used the honey bbq sauce. It was terrific.

Does anyone have a recipe for pizza dough. I wanted to keep the cost down for my host and volunteered to make the dough. I have a great WW recipe, but I was wondering if anyone made their own.

You can use a loaf of frozen bread dough, thawed. It's cheaper than dough in a tube (about $1 a loaf). Let it thaw and then just roll it out.

Jennie4PC said:
I used the decorator bottle and the BBQ sauce stained it so I would not use it

ME TOO! I just did this last night and thought the DB would be a great way to do it. I took it out of the dishwasher this morning and it's ruined! Any ideas how to clean it? I've got it soaking with cascade and water now.
:mad:

Related to forThose of You Who Have Made the Aloha Pizza...

What is the recommended barbecue sauce for the Aloha Pizza?

The recommended barbecue sauce for the Aloha Pizza is a mixture of 1/4 cup ketchup and 1/2 tsp of PC Sweet and Smoky BBQ rub.

Will the pizza taste bad if I use the recommended barbecue sauce?

No, the recommended barbecue sauce is specifically chosen to enhance the flavor of the Aloha Pizza. It will not taste bad.

Is the recommended barbecue sauce a Pampered Chef product?

Yes, the recommended barbecue sauce includes the PC Sweet and Smoky BBQ rub, which is a Pampered Chef product.

Can I use a different type of barbecue sauce for the Aloha Pizza?

While the recommended barbecue sauce is specifically chosen for the Aloha Pizza, you can use a different type of barbecue sauce if you prefer. Just be sure to adjust the amount and type of seasoning accordingly to maintain the desired flavor.

I have a lead that wants to sign after trying the Aloha Pizza. Is it important for the pizza to taste good?

Yes, it is important for the Aloha Pizza to taste good as it can greatly impact the impression of the Pampered Chef products and potentially affect the decision of your lead to sign or not. Be sure to follow the recommended barbecue sauce and cooking instructions for the best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
heat123
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • batroark