• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

forSale 2009 Help Whip Cancer Apron

I am not trying to price gouge anyone. And yes, times are very tough for my family right now, my husband lost his job in February and every little bit helps.In summary, a pink and black ladies HWC apron is being sold for $40 plus $5 shipping through PayPal. Some members of the conversation expressed concerns about the price being marked up and the apron not being officially available for sale through Pampered Chef. However, the seller explained that times are tough for her family and she thought long and hard about the asking price, which is lower than what the apron has sold for on eBay. Ultimately, it is the seller's choice and she does not have to explain her
LisaAnn
Silver Member
For Sale Pink and Black Ladies HWC Apron. Never used, out of package. Asking $40 plus $5 shipping PayPal payment PM or email me [email protected]

40$ ??? you are kidding right?

They are going for over $50 + shipping on ebay. ;)

It just feels wrong...

We're not really supposed to sell things for more than their value, and the apron will probably be listed at $15 on our tax forms.

I think that is reasonable if someone really wants one. They save the shipping and ebay fees, and get it at a lower cost. I think it is adorable and would love to have it, but wouldn't pay the price. Some one will nab it!

IMO if PC wanted us to sell them they would be in the catalog or available on the supply order. No one had to agree, they had to pick which one they wanted, so I don't feel that its right to sell it. Just my 2 cents tho.

Jewel said:
IMO if PC wanted us to sell them they would be in the catalog or available on the supply order. No one had to agree, they had to pick which one they wanted, so I don't feel that its right to sell it. Just my 2 cents tho.

I agree... :grumpy:

I agree. I think it is one thing to sell something, but another to mark it up at such a ridiculous price. We all work hard for our money. Why price gouge your own sisters in business? My husband tells me to stay out of things like this, but it is my inner "police woman" in me.

However, I am sure you already sold it by now :confused:!

It's a lot cheaper than what they are selling for on eBay.

& I'm not speaking for her, but Lisa may be going through hard times financially. Or maybe she'll use that $40 to buy PC stuff to help her business more than the apron.

I'm sure someone has already bought it, but it's her choice. She earned it..

WLMcCoy said:
It's a lot cheaper than what they are selling for on eBay.

& I'm not speaking for her, but Lisa may be going through hard times financially. Or maybe she'll use that $40 to buy PC stuff to help her business more than the apron.

I'm sure someone has already bought it, but it's her choice. She earned it..

I agree. We don't know WHY she's selling it. She just might need the money for something very important and this was the best thing she had to sell. She doesn't have to explain herself to us. If she was trying to be underhanded about it- she could have just gone to E-bay like the not-so-cool consultants. You don't have to like it, but you also don't have to be nasty about it. You certainly don't have to buy it, but SOMEONE may really want it!

We've got alot of new consultants who are on this site. One of the things I've always liked about PC and THIS Site in particular is that everyone is so helpful and willing to help others out. This certainly does not portray that spirit or attitude that we try to maintain for our business.

I was taught that sometimes, if you can't say something nice, it's better not to say anything. It certainly isn't helpful in this case. That's just MY two cents worth.

I thought long and hard about the possible ramifications of offering the apron for sale here on Chef Success and what the asking price should be, they have sold for much more on ebay. I am not trying to price gouge anyone. And yes, times are very tough for my family right now, my husband lost his job in February and every little bit helps.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

LisaAnn said:
I thought long and hard about the possible ramifications of offering the apron for sale here on Chef Success and what the asking price should be, they have sold for much more on ebay. I am not trying to price gouge anyone. And yes, times are very tough for my family right now, my husband lost his job in February and every little bit helps.

You don't have to explain yourself at all. Times are tough everywhere. And it really isn't anyones business as to why your selling it.

Maybe you simply did not like it, maybe it didn't fit you right, ..... whatever the reason.... it is your reason, your choice.

LisaAnn said:

I was not offended just surprised.
I did not ask anyone to explain.
I assumed she must have good reason but... to me it was an outrageous price to post here, amongst fellow consultants. If your family truly needed the $ so badly and someone was willing to pay then more power to you.

So is it sold Lisa? I have one so don't need one but if you don't post sold I'm sure you'll get and continue to get tons of inquiries ;)

I earn a lot of things from PC that I will not use or didn't care for. But I know there may be other people out there who WILL want it . So I do not see why it would be wrong for her to sell it if she is not going to be using it or does not want it. She earned it, she gets to do with it what she wants.

If you don't like the price then fine, you don't have to buy it..... but don't be rude.

LisaAnn said:

Do not apologize. You earned it....you decide what it's value is....the actual buyer decides they agree....plain and simple.

Prayers that you and your family weather through this storm, and that your business flourishes so that you do not have to worry about anything but where to go on vacation!

Thank you to those who offered their support, I really appreciate it. The apron has been sold.

Lisa

Congrats to both you and the buyer Lisa! A win-win deal for both of you. Good luck to you and your family :)

I agree, It is her apron and I would much rather see her post it here than on Ebay.

esavvymom said:
I agree. We don't know WHY she's selling it. She just might need the money for something very important and this was the best thing she had to sell. She doesn't have to explain herself to us. If she was trying to be underhanded about it- she could have just gone to E-bay like the not-so-cool consultants. You don't have to like it, but you also don't have to be nasty about it. You certainly don't have to buy it, but SOMEONE may really want it!

We've got alot of new consultants who are on this site. One of the things I've always liked about PC and THIS Site in particular is that everyone is so helpful and willing to help others out. This certainly does not portray that spirit or attitude that we try to maintain for our business.

I was taught that sometimes, if you can't say something nice, it's better not to say anything. It certainly isn't helpful in this case. That's just MY two cents worth.

I completely agree! I love this site but there are some on here that have this attitude that they are better than others. Condeming those for selling things, fb, internet, ebay. The truth of the matter is we are all INDEPENDANT Consultants free to run our businesses the way we choose under the parameters of HO. Therefore IMO I think it is HO's job to police their guidelines. I personally think that those that have so much to say about others are just a bunch of sour grapes. I wonder how much business that they are doing being that they have all of this time to search PC on the internet "just because"! Sorry for the rant but i've been reading a lot of posts condemening consultants.

First, I frequently search PC on the internet. I am always interested to see what people are saying and how they feel about the company and it's products. I feel more prepared for any objections I receive. Also, I ebay PC all of the time because I have just started but I have seen very old retired products on there that I am sometimes interested in.

That being said, many of us, myself as described see people not paying attention to the rules. This hurts them, their customers, the company image and other consultants. It is NOT a win-win for anyone and it's selfish!! If you hike the price of PC products, post them on ebay (available all over the world) and make the company look bad then it's ruined for those who are out there busting their butts to get the business, doing cooking shows, fundraisers, etc. And spending money on things. Meanwhile, so and so is sitting on her butt in front of the computer racking up the dough against policy. We may be INDEPENDENT consultants but we are not working with our OWN company! Remember what you DO reflects on PAMPERED CHEF and CONSULTANTS everywhere.

That said, I think the apron price is outrageous, but each person can evaluate their desire for it and then decide if they will pay that. Do what you will with your own personal items.

Rant over... Good luck all!

I don't understand what all this complaining all of the sudden is about...don't we have a Marketplace thread on here to SELL things? Or is it the fact that she posted what she wanted for it?

Maybe she got what she wanted, maybe she haggled, whatever the reason, someone has it who wanted it, and it's off her hands.

As far as I"m concerned, it's really none of anyone's business.

Lighten up people, why must everything be a debate?

chefsteph07 said:
Lighten up people, why must everything be a debate?

LOL....now, I feel like I've gotta contradict ya! :rolleyes:

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
LOL....now, I feel like I've gotta contradict ya! :rolleyes:

Oh, I'm sure SOMEONE will...LOL ;)

chefsteph07 said:

LOL!!! So, now everyone will be afraid to be the first.... :p

chefsteph07 said:

Nah....we pointed it out, so it kind of takes the fun out of it. Though you do have me giggling over here! I need to stop goofing off and get those CCC! Thanks for putting me in a good mood before making them.

pamperedlinda said:
LOL!!! So, now everyone will be afraid to be the first.... :p

Come on Linda, you of all people know that NO ONE is afraid to contradict over here! LOL :angel:

And Laurie, quit reading these posts and get those calls made woman! LOL :p

chefsteph07 said:
Come on Linda, you of all people know that NO ONE is afraid to contradict over here! LOL :angel:

Ha Ha....whoo hoo....love it.....thank god for VM!!! I sure do sound joyful, though!

Honestly, if someone was selling the 1/2 apron I would buy it for a reasonable price. The main reason is that it's the ONLY 1/2 apron given out or sold to PC consultants and I'm dying for a 1/2 apron to wear to shows. I know I didn't earn it but it's a functional thing for me.

chefsteph07 said:

Very true! LOL

Laurt said:
I completely agree! I love this site but there are some on here that have this attitude that they are better than others. Condeming those for selling things, fb, internet, ebay. The truth of the matter is we are all INDEPENDANT Consultants free to run our businesses the way we choose under the parameters of HO. Therefore IMO I think it is HO's job to police their guidelines. I personally think that those that have so much to say about others are just a bunch of sour grapes. I wonder how much business that they are doing being that they have all of this time to search PC on the internet "just because"! Sorry for the rant but i've been reading a lot of posts condemening consultants.

OMGoss Lauren,

This is almost word for word what I am thinking. I've been shot down before for mentioning this, but if some would put as much effort and time into their PC business as they do here, they would be very successful. I'm only going on here to get flyers and glance over things for less than 10 minutes a week now. I've set my goal for Disney World and I'm focusing on my business. Many here may be in a difficult family situation, and shouldn't be scolded for their choices.

~ Julie~
I do the same on here and I love it a wealth of information but I've been really disturbed the last couple of months and just finally had to say something. I don't sell anything on ebay and I don't mention PC on my FB, but I honestly don't care if someone else does. I buy things on ebay all the time and I know that I'm taking my chances. If I buy a coach bag on ebay and it turns out to be a fake, I don't think poorly of coach, I figure I got what I deserved because I bought it on ebay. People host and attend my kitchen shows for me and PC. They know that they are going to get my knowledge of the product and customer service and all that goes with ordering through a consultant. And if someone doesn't want to buy a stone off of me because they can get it on ebay well then more power to them. I just don't have the energy or the time to be so trivial. PC is an awsome company and I have full faith in those at HO whose JOB it is to police and enforce the rules. I just don't think it should be other consultants just looking to turn someone in.
Thanks for aggreeing with me! Hopefully I'll see you in Disney!!!

So it's okay for many people to beg to buy promotional items off the rest of us when we earn them, but then it's not okay to offer them for sale if we don't want or need them?If you wanted the apron, you should have earned it. If you didn't earn it, it's no one's fault but your own. If you want to buy it, then you pay the price.

The apron has sold guys. Why is everyone still wasting time arguing about it? LOL

elizabethfox said:
The apron has sold guys. Why is everyone still wasting time arguing about it? LOL

That's what I was thinking. Let it rest already. Pick on someone else for awhile. :D

DebbieJ said:
So it's okay for many people to beg to buy promotional items off the rest of us when we earn them, but then it's not okay to offer them for sale if we don't want or need them?

If you wanted the apron, you should have earned it. If you didn't earn it, it's no one's fault but your own. If you want to buy it, then you pay the price.

That's my exact thought on the subject!

1. What is the condition of the apron?

The apron is brand new and has never been used. It is also out of its original packaging.

2. How much does the apron cost?

The apron is being sold for $40, plus an additional $5 for shipping.

3. What payment methods are accepted?

We accept PayPal payments for the apron.

4. How can I purchase the apron?

You can purchase the apron by sending a private message or email to [email protected]. Please include your shipping information and preferred payment method.

5. Is this apron part of a charity or fundraising event?

Yes, this apron is part of the Help Whip Cancer campaign by Pampered Chef. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of this apron will go towards cancer research and support.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chezshelly
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
chezshelly
  • chezshelly
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
tasoula76
  • ChefJWarren