• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Food Lover's Tiptionary: A Must-Have for Food Enthusiasts

What book are you looking for? Anne: I just bought this book from a suggestion a fellow Cheffer made, and I LOVE IT! Looks interesting. Guess I'll have to order it from Amazon.com. Thanks for the recommendation. What is it? Just a collaboration of quick cooking tips? Sounds interesting...Its a book in dictionary-like form. Before I have a show, I look up some of the ingredients I'm going to use and I have tidbits on them! Here's the description from Amazon: "With more than 6,000 tips, shortcuts and other culinary wisdom, the A-to-Z Quick & Easy Cookbook is your one-
AJPratt
Silver Member
I bought this book from a suggestion a fellow Cheffer made, and I LOVE IT!

Looks interesting. Guess I'll have to order it from Amazon.com. Thanks for the recommendation.

What is it? Just a collaboration of quick cooking tips? Sounds interesting...

Its a book in dictionary-like form. Before I have a show, I look up some of the ingredients I'm going to use and I have tidbits on them! Here's the description from amazon:

Both experienced and novice cooks will love this A-to-Z guide packed with more than 6,000 tips, shortcuts and other culinary wisdom cookbooks never tell you. Find all the answers you'll ever need to a universe of cooking quandaries and questions on hundreds of subjects, including foods, beverages, kitchen equipment, cooking techniques, entertaining ideas and smart ways to use leftovers. Plus, there are loads of quick and easy reference charts, a handy system of cross-referencing and well over a hundred shorthand-style recipes.

I bought it on Amazon.com.

Anne, can you share a tip or 2 that you learned from that book so that I can see if its worth buying?

Thanks for clearing that up Anne! I'll take a look on Amazon now that everyone else has done the leg-work for me, LOL!!

Hi, Tina~

I tried to copy and paste but it wouldn't let me, so here's a link to an excerpt:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0060935707/?tag=pfamazon01-20

Thanks Anne, it looks interesting! If only I hadn't just blown the last of those Christmas gift cards on Rachel Ray Cookbook's!

Love Rachel Ray! That's a great investment~

I have this book and it's worth every penny!

I haven't tried any of the recipes yet as we are going trough a rough time money wise. Anyone got a Rachel Ray Ramen Noodle recipe, LOL!??

Thanks Anne! It looks good. Do you find there are tons of tips that we could use or do you tend to use the same ones over and over?

gilliandanielle said:
I haven't tried any of the recipes yet as we are going trough a rough time money wise. Anyone got a Rachel Ray Ramen Noodle recipe, LOL!??

Pampered Chef has a ramen noodle recipe! Asian Lettuce Wraps. VERY GOOD! Even the hubby liked them. BIG SURPRISE!

TinasKitchen said:
Thanks Anne! It looks good. Do you find there are tons of tips that we could use or do you tend to use the same ones over and over?

Well, before I have a show, I look up some of the ingredients I'm going to use so I have tidbits on them! But I use it all the time at home. I never know how to tell if eggs were bad, and I love mangoes, but heard cutting them were tricky, and learned to do it through this book. I have found how long things will stay fresher, longer... no more bad strawberries after three days! Its been an amazing addition to my kitchen!

DZmom said:
Pampered Chef has a ramen noodle recipe! Asian Lettuce Wraps. VERY GOOD! Even the hubby liked them. BIG SURPRISE!

Thanks Donna! Can I make them without the lettuce and wrap part?? (LOL!) My DH and his family own their own business that is making ABSOLUTELY NO MONEY and he hasn't been paid since September. My PC career is fizzling, so we are basically living off credit cards and state assistance. My kids are so sick of Ramen Noodles and canned vegetables!! I am hoping to have a great August with the discontinued products so we can go on a huge grocery run!

I am also thinking about making birth announcements and baby shower invites and sell them on eBay to make some extra money. I love to scrapbook so much that I would have signed with CM instead, but I don't like their products enough to sell them!

Sorry about my sad little story! Didn't mean to bring down your thread with my pity party Anne!!

gilliandanielle said:
Sorry about my sad little story! Didn't mean to bring down your thread with my pity party Anne!!

Don't be silly! Things are tough for us now, I had to scrape to go to conference!

Gillian I actually did eat them with out the wraps. God's with you sweetie. Whether you believe it or not. He'll get you through just ask him!

Thanks ladies! I love the support I get here PC related and not!!

Wonder if I can "sneak" ;) in this purchase??Wow,
I had got info on this book before, but not a way to look at it, I've got to have this to add tips to my shows.

Thanks so much,

Off to Amazon.com

Lisa

Gillian: You're very welcome!

Related to Food Lover's Tiptionary: A Must-Have for Food Enthusiasts

1. What is the "Food Lover's Tiptionary"?

The "Food Lover's Tiptionary" is a comprehensive guide to all things related to cooking, baking, and food in general. It includes tips, tricks, and techniques for various ingredients, cooking methods, and kitchen tools.

2. Is the "Food Lover's Tiptionary" suitable for beginners?

Yes, the "Food Lover's Tiptionary" is suitable for all levels of cooking experience. It includes basic tips and definitions for those new to cooking, as well as more advanced techniques for experienced cooks.

3. Can I find recipes in the "Food Lover's Tiptionary"?

No, the "Food Lover's Tiptionary" does not include recipes. It is purely a reference guide for cooking tips and techniques.

4. Is the "Food Lover's Tiptionary" available in multiple languages?

Currently, the "Food Lover's Tiptionary" is only available in English. However, we are constantly expanding our product offerings and may offer it in other languages in the future.

5. How can I purchase the "Food Lover's Tiptionary"?

You can purchase the "Food Lover's Tiptionary" through our Pampered Chef website or from a Pampered Chef consultant. It is also available for purchase at select retail stores.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
StewartKerr
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • AJPratt
  • Products and Tips
Replies