• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Differences Between Food Chopper & MFP: When to Use What?

In summary, the food chopper and MFP serve different purposes, but can both be useful in the kitchen.
mom4angela
Wasn't there a flyer or thread on the differences of when you would use the food chopper vs. the MFP? When I had my show Friday and used the food processor to chop onions EVERYONE was asking .... HUH??? how come you use that instead of the food chopper... "uhhh I dunno" was my answer. Should the MFP ONLY be used to "process" food, ie: salsa, egg salad, tapenade, tuna salad?

The food chopper you have to pound, and is sometimes hard for older customers. Our MFP is so much LESS work. Plus the MFP has a 3 cup capacity - more than our food chopper. I will still use the food chopper for items like nuts and items I don't want SMASHED...

also, the clicking of the MFP is MUCH quieter. My husband hates the banging of the FC and isn't bothered by the MFP. My 4 year-old son is not able to pound hard enough of the FC to work it but is able to pump the MFP.

mom4angela said:
Wasn't there a flyer or thread on the differences of when you would use the food chopper vs. the MFP? When I had my show Friday and used the food processor to chop onions EVERYONE was asking .... HUH??? how come you use that instead of the food chopper... "uhhh I dunno" was my answer. Should the MFP ONLY be used to "process" food, ie: salsa, egg salad, tapenade, tuna salad?

If you look at the Spring Marketing Guide on CC, there is sheet you can print that explains which tool to use - very helpful.

Hi there! Yes, there was a flyer and thread discussing the differences between the food chopper and the MFP. The food chopper is great for quick and easy chopping of vegetables and fruits, while the MFP is better suited for processing and blending ingredients for dishes like salsa, egg salad, tapenade, and tuna salad. However, both tools can be used interchangeably depending on personal preference and the recipe at hand. I'm sorry if there was confusion at your show, and I would be happy to provide more information or demonstrations in the future. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

What is the difference between a food chopper and a MFP?

A food chopper is a hand-powered kitchen tool that is used to chop, dice, and mince food items. It typically has a sharp blade and a container to catch the chopped food. On the other hand, an MFP (multi-functional processor) is an electric appliance that can chop, blend, puree, and perform other tasks with the push of a button. It usually comes with various blades and attachments for different functions.

When should I use a food chopper?

A food chopper is best used for small-scale chopping tasks, such as chopping herbs, nuts, or small amounts of vegetables. It is also useful for making salsa, guacamole, and other dips. It is not recommended for large or tough ingredients, as it may not have enough power or capacity to handle them.

When should I use an MFP?

An MFP is suitable for larger and more complex food preparation tasks, such as chopping large quantities of vegetables, making dough, or pureeing soups. It can also be used for grating, slicing, and shredding ingredients. It is a versatile appliance that can save time and effort in the kitchen.

Can a food chopper replace an MFP?

No, a food chopper cannot replace an MFP. While they both have chopping functions, an MFP can perform a wider range of tasks and has more power and capacity. A food chopper is a handy tool for quick chopping needs, but an MFP is essential for more extensive food preparation.

Which one is easier to clean - a food chopper or an MFP?

Both a food chopper and an MFP have parts that can be disassembled and washed, making them easy to clean. However, an MFP may have more blades and attachments, which means more parts to clean. A food chopper is usually simpler in design and may be easier to clean and maintain in the long run.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
rlombas
  • kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • leftymac
  • Products and Tips
2 3