• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fixing Flattened Shearling Fabric: Any Tips?

If you're in the Seattle area, I would give Furver Fur (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Furver-Fur/23134609199091) a call. They are a fur salon and they do a great job.
gilliandanielle
My friend just gave me her Bundle Me (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000D14PW/?tag=pfamazon01-20) and it is "beaten down" in some places on the inside. I tried to search online to find out how to fix it, but didn't find anything. I washed it and it cleaned up pretty well except for a few spots that feel really rough and are totally flat instead of plush like the rest of it.

I hope you ladies have some suggestions because I don't want to use it if it is going to be rough on the baby's skin, but I REALLY want to use it because it is adorable!!

Have you tried washing it? Can it be washed?

When my pillows get flat I throw them in the washing machine and dryer. This fluffs them right up with cleaning at the same time.

Putting in liquid fabric softener will help make it not so rough. I do this after I crochet a baby afghan.

Just re read and figured out you HAD washed it!! Sorry, I'm out of suggestions.

Gillian~

That is the cutest thing!

If you can't get it soft everywhere, what if you lay a soft receiving blanket down over the baby so the rough patches won't be against the baby?

Sorry, I don't know of any way to fix it!

I just checked for shearling care online. It wasn't particularly helpful. Do you have a cleaner in your area that also works with furs? They may have some suggestions for you.

If not, I think Kelly's idea of using a receiving blanket is a good one.

I think I would try to brush it out. Maybe get one of those wire dog brushes. I bet that would work. Is it yours to keep? Just be careful if it isn't.

I thought about a wire brush, and it is mine to keep, but I am scared that if would just fray it and not really help. I was going to try a stiff toothbrush maybe and see if that helped at all.I guess I could always put a blanket down on the inside- I didn't think about that! I just don't want her to get too hot, but be warm enough that she'll be okay in the breezy Alaskan summer...

I thought about a wire brush, and it is mine to keep, but I am scared that if would just fray it and not really help. I was going to try a stiff toothbrush maybe and see if that helped at all.I guess I could always put a blanket down on the inside- I didn't think about that! I just don't want her to get too hot, but be warm enough that she'll be okay in the breezy Alaskan summer...

I have a shearling coat and I took it to a fur salon to have it professionally cleaned. It turned out beautifully. I would not take it to a regular dry cleaner if I were you, the fur salon did not charge that much to clean it for me (I had some grease on mine). I'd give them a call and see what they reccomend.

1. How do I clean my shearling fabric products?

It is best to spot clean shearling fabric with a damp cloth and mild detergent. For tougher stains, a mixture of water and vinegar can also be effective. Avoid fully submerging shearling in water or using harsh chemicals.

2. Can shearling fabric be machine washed?

No, it is not recommended to machine wash shearling fabric products. The agitation and temperature of the machine can damage the delicate fibers of the fabric.

3. How do I store my shearling fabric products?

Shearling fabric should be stored in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. It is best to avoid folding or compressing the fabric to prevent matting or creases.

4. Can shearling fabric be ironed?

No, shearling fabric should not be ironed. The heat can cause the fibers to melt or shrink, ruining the fabric.

5. How do I remove odors from my shearling fabric products?

To remove odors from shearling fabric, sprinkle baking soda over the fabric and let it sit for a few hours before vacuuming it off. You can also use a fabric deodorizer spray, but avoid using any products with strong chemicals that may damage the fabric.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kjurich
  • daniellemorgan
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • BadGirl
  • General Chat
Replies