• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fixing a Loose Pot Handle: Tips for Resolving a Common Cooking Mishap

In summary, the host has a lifetime warranty on the cookware, but he doesn't have the receipt or the consultant's name. He was told to call the Lifetime Warranty number on the back of the receipt.
luvtocook
Hi!

I am doing a show for a friend, who was approached by a friend that had purchased a set of the cookware as a guest. The handle fell off his Stainless 12" covered skillet.

I haven't actually spoken to him yet....he lives out of state....but in the event that he doesn't have his receipt, or remember the consultant he bought it from....how can I help him resolve this?

I'm going to call him tonight and get more details...is he going to have to return the whole thing back to PC or just the handle???

Thank you!!!

If he doesn't have receipt or consultant, have him call the 800# directly and talk to them.SS JUST came out so it should be easy to track down.That's pretty strong cookware and rivets...interesting to hear how it happened...HO can tell you what needs to be returned.

Have him call the Lifetime Warranty number found on the back of the receipt. They should be able to help him out. I was told recently that since 2006 they have kept things filed by customer so it makes it easier to look up rather than remembering the consultant or host name. Hope he figures something out.

I'm sure they'll replace it no problem.
I had a gal awhile back; her handle fell off one of her Prof pans. They just sent her a new one, no ?'s asked! (she was a past host-but not mine)

Well I called him.....and he doesn't have the receipt, thinks either the host or the consultant's name might have been Robin. Doesn't remember when he bought it. I'm going to call him back tonight and hope to talk to his wife who might remember.

Suggestions for what I should do if his wife doesn't have any of the info???

Have him call HO and talk to them about it. They may be able to figure out something over the phone. If it's the stainless skillet, they may have it under his name

The stainless is new enough that HO only has a few months to search to find him. Shouldn't be too bad. And the HO reps are usually pretty good about finding customers (at least the ones I've dealt with).

chefann said:
The stainless is new enough that HO only has a few months to search to find him. Shouldn't be too bad. And the HO reps are usually pretty good about finding customers (at least the ones I've dealt with).
I was thinking the same thing.....It's only been out for 6 months - can't be too hard to trace the purchase at this point.

I had a host who called in December and said last year around Christmas her daughter and husband bought a piece of stoneware for her that cracked. She thought she knew the consultant's name but didn't know what name they ordered it under, didn't have a receipt (blamed that on the husband!) and didn't know when it was ordered. I told her I would see what I could do. I called HO and told them the situation. We looked up under each person's name and found it under the daughter's name. It wasn't even the consultant that the host thought it was! They were able to take care of it for her that way. They told me back in 2006 they started keeping things by customer name rather than host or consultant.

But... it is a lifetime warranty product you are talking about. They may have different stipulations on those kind of items. I would either call HO yourself or have the guest call HO and discuss this situation with them.

I just had to do this for a past host who happens to now be my SIL. They have the information under the customer's name and a receipt isn't necessary. Her consultant didn't give her a receipt for anything, including things I'd ordered, and then told her to figure out how to get it replaced on her own. Grrr

Here's the funny ending to my story....I live in Maine....this guy lives in Florida....he is the neighbor of a friend of mine...she had asked me to help him.He gave me a name of who he thought was the host or consultant....nothing in the PC Data base. I call him back...get his wife's name....nothing on the data base. Feeling really frustrated because I just want to help, but the phone calls are getting me nowhere.....Tonight...I decide, "I'm just going to throw in the towel, call him...give him the toll free number and let his wife call and work it out. I call, tell him again who I am and why I'm calling....he says, "Oh, my wife is here...talk to her."I explain to HER who I am and why I'm calling....she says, "Oh, well that's not a PAMPERED CHEF PAN! It's that crystal place." I said, "You mean Princess House?" She said, "Yes, I've had Pampered Chef parties...but that's a Princess House pan." I advised her to contact the Princess House consultant and called it a night.Wow!!! It did give me a good laugh...and made me not feel like a loser for not being able to help him!

luvtocook said:
Here's the funny ending to my story....I live in Maine....this guy lives in Florida....he is the neighbor of a friend of mine...she had asked me to help him.

He gave me a name of who he thought was the host or consultant....nothing in the PC Data base. I call him back...get his wife's name....nothing on the data base. Feeling really frustrated because I just want to help, but the phone calls are getting me nowhere.....

Tonight...I decide, "I'm just going to throw in the towel, call him...give him the toll free number and let his wife call and work it out. I call, tell him again who I am and why I'm calling....he says, "Oh, my wife is here...talk to her."

I explain to HER who I am and why I'm calling....she says, "Oh, well that's not a PAMPERED CHEF PAN! It's that crystal place." I said, "You mean Princess House?" She said, "Yes, I've had Pampered Chef parties...but that's a Princess House pan." I advised her to contact the Princess House consultant and called it a night.

Wow!!! It did give me a good laugh...and made me not feel like a loser for not being able to help him!

Call her back! Ask her to do a long distance catalog show to get some GOOD cookware! You can do it as a February show and she can get 60% off any two items.

wadesgirl said:
Call her back! Ask her to do a long distance catalog show to get some GOOD cookware! You can do it as a February show and she can get 60% off any two items.

My thoughts exactly!:D

1. Why did the handle fall off my pot?

The handle may have fallen off due to wear and tear, improper use or care, or a manufacturing defect.

2. Can I still use the pot without the handle?

It is not recommended to use the pot without the handle as it may be difficult to handle and could potentially cause burns or spills.

3. Can I get a replacement handle for my pot?

Yes, you can contact Pampered Chef customer service to request a replacement handle for your pot.

4. How can I prevent the handle from falling off in the future?

To prevent the handle from falling off, make sure to properly clean and dry the pot after each use and avoid using metal utensils that could scratch or damage the handle.

5. Does the warranty cover a handle falling off?

The warranty may cover a handle falling off if it is determined to be a manufacturing defect. Please refer to the Pampered Chef warranty policy for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cheflorraine
  • alidafrizzell
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • cookingabcs