• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fix Stuck Medium Scoop for Your Show Tomorrow - Expert Tips

In summary, someone who owns a large scoop that is out of warranty can fix it by moving the gears at the bottom and popping it apart.
jenscookingnow
My scoop is stuck in the up position--anyone know how to fix this??? I need it for my show tomorrow.

repair the scoopi have had this happed a couple of times here is what I do

Attachments

• Stainless Scoop Repairs.doc
    24 KB · Views: 397
Yeah! My DH fixed one for a friend. You need to fiddle with the gears at the bottom, pop it apart slightly to move the teeth to a new position. He may have pushed the toothed arm up off the wheel to reset it.

Robin

thanks!
pmprdprettyinsnj said:
i have had this happed a couple of times here is what I do
i'll try it!

Thanks, guys! I've had two customers in the past week with this problem!!!

For future reference, whenever I sell a scoop, I tell the guest that they need to try not to squeeze the handle while they are scooping. That is how mine got out of alignment in the first place. Now that I know that trick, to keep the handle slack while I am scooping stuff, it has never done it again.

HTH!

Thanks for the info - I have had 2 past hosts call just this week and then my recruiter had a call. Rachel, now maybe we know "why" it's happening.

Here is my question... would you really feel comfortable asking a customer to "repair" thier scoop?

I just did product adjustments for the ones under warranty - but I may suggest it for out of warrenty ones. I just don't think my customers would be too keen on modifying their scoop in that manner.

I know if I was a customer and a Consultant tried to explain that to me (I do like the file for my reference) - I don't think I would be too satisfied.

Am I being silly?

Just wondering...

Thanks!
Joanne

As a customer, I'd much rather have my consultant walk me through a quick repair than ask me to pay $$ to send it back to HO for a replacement. Assuming it's past 30 days of ownership, that is.

Bumping this thread for new people who may not be aware...

I had a friend bring to me an out of warranty broken large scoop today (belongs to one of her co-workers who was ragging on Pampered Chef products). I told her I remembered there was a way to fix them that I had read on Chef Success and so there is. I'm going to fix her scoop and send it back to her with a new Spring Mini-catalog and one of my business cards.

What an awesome resource we all are for each other! Thanks everyone for your ideas, encouragement, sympathy, prayers, hope and love!

As a community, we rock!​

Related to Fix Stuck Medium Scoop for Your Show Tomorrow - Expert Tips

1. How do I fix a stuck medium scoop for my show tomorrow?

To fix a stuck medium scoop, first try soaking it in warm water for a few minutes. Then, use a small amount of cooking oil or spray to lubricate the mechanism. If that doesn't work, try gently tapping the scoop against a hard surface to dislodge any debris or food particles that may be causing it to stick.

2. Can I use any type of oil to lubricate the scoop?

We recommend using a cooking oil or spray specifically designed for use in the kitchen, such as vegetable oil or olive oil. Avoid using harsh chemicals or lubricants that are not food safe.

3. What if the scoop is still stuck after trying these methods?

If the scoop is still stuck, it may be a sign that it is damaged or worn out and may need to be replaced. Contact your Pampered Chef consultant for assistance with ordering a replacement scoop.

4. Is there a way to prevent the scoop from getting stuck in the future?

To prevent your scoop from getting stuck, make sure to clean it thoroughly after each use. Use warm water and a mild soap to remove any food particles or debris. You can also periodically lubricate the scoop with cooking oil to keep it working smoothly.

5. Can I still use the scoop if it gets stuck?

If the scoop is still functional and can be used, it is safe to continue using it. However, it is important to address the issue and try to fix it to prevent further sticking or potential damage to the scoop.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jennyl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • heat123