• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Five good reasons

BadGirl

Gold Member
Oct 21, 2008
why I should or should not go to the Baltimore conference?

Today is the last day to register (midnight), so I only have a few hours to decide.

I've only been a consultant for just a year, and I'm more of a "casual" hobby kind of consultant. Pampered Chef is NOT my career or my main focus.

But would it be helpful for me to go? I'd have to get a hotel room, but I can cash in some hotel rewards points and likely get a free hotel room, and other expenses are very minimal.

Should I go? I don't go to any of my Team Meetings, nor am I really interested in the whole Wahoo thing....it's just not my deal.

Thanks!

chefjeanine

Gold Member
Jan 19, 2006
If you can afford it, I'd suggest you go. This will give you an opportunity to see all the new products and ideas that will be coming out in March. That makes you a better sales person no matter what your level of activity.

Also, you'll get a better understanding of how big this business can be -- not necessarily for you but for someone you meet along life's way who could benefit.

Give it a shot.

Patty Davis

May 25, 2009
I agree totally with Jeanine. You may be a hobbyist, but you may meet someone and a Pampered Chef business will change their life. Spring Launch will help you help them.

NooraK

Legend Member
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2008
Definitely go. Like Jeanine said, you'll get a bigger picture of the business. You'll get great tips from the speakers that you can apply to your business. Even if you are at a hobby level, you can always learn something that will make your time more efficient.

Plus, you'll get spring minis and get to see the new products!

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
Definitely go. Like Jeanine said, you'll get a bigger picture of the business. You'll get great tips from the speakers that you can apply to your business. Even if you are at a hobby level, you can always learn something that will make your time more efficient.

Plus, you'll get spring minis and get to see the new products!

And a NEW Spring product!

BadGirl

Gold Member
Oct 21, 2008
Thank you all for your thoughtful replies. I truly appreciate you taking the time to comment on my question.

I was just talking with my husband, trying to come up with daycare options for our son, if I were to take this trip (Baltimore is about 3 hours from me). It seems like DH will be away on work-related travel that week, so me going to the Spring Launch now doesn't seem possible.

And just when I was getting excited about going. :frown:

wadesgirl

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2007
I hope there is some way you can figure something out! I believe any and all training is something you need to do in this business. You never know when you will hear something that will POP for your business.

pampered1224

Legacy Member
Silver Member
Apr 13, 2004
I know it is after mid-might your time and I wish I had seen this earlier. I put out a plea around noon CST to ask for help so I could go by asking consultants to buy some of the stuff I had from HWC. You see, I knew that no matter what, I needed to go. I have been a hobbyist to mediocre consultant for 8 years. I am starting on year 9. I lost my job. Never expected it, never thought it could or would happen to me. Now I am forced to take a long look at my life to see where I can go. I now wish I had been paying more attention. It seems I have this wonderful "hobby" that can become my salvation. And you know what? It will only take $50 to get me going. Meetings are my thing. They keep me going. And I will tell you this, even if you never put anything to use that you learn from a meeting, what you will have are friends. There are at least 7 ladies in my up-line to whom I owe a lot. Possibly even my life. Last year I quit. Not because I wanted to but because everything around me was falling a part I could not take it any more. I was suicidal. Those ladies came to my rescue. They reminded me that I did have something. Not my business, but people who cared! Sometimes that is more important than this business itself. But now I have a foot in the door of another opportunity. I do not have to fill out an application to get the job, I don't have to rework my resume. It has already been done. I have 8 years of on the job training. I may no longer have a full time job but now I have a business I can grow and nurture. And it can become my salvation. Baby steps. Just a few. Including one $50 one. You may NEED PC sometime. Be ready for it. I hope you decided to go. Because not only is the investment in your business worth it, the investment you make in yourself is too. Meetings are an eye into yourself. They let you see what you are made of and what you can handle. They grow character and strength. They are much more than information about products, trips and other incentives. Those business tips helped me in my other job. They taught me about tact, humility and other things we all need on a day to day basis. They taught me to be thankful for the little achievements. They taught me to be me. I can never get enough of that!

Last edited:

lovescooking

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
John, what inspiring words of wisdom! You are right, this business has brought some wonderful people into my life as well. I love going to meetings, I like hearing what others have to say, tips, ideas, etc.
I started this business because I simply wanted more products. The money was a bonus for me. Now, I am working my business to help pay off bills so that we can save for retirement. Through conference and other training I have seen the big picture and what I can help do for my family.
Never underestimate the value of your PC business. Remember, sometimes we get stuck in the same rut but it is up to us to get on a different path.

Intrepid_Chef

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 6, 2007
When my hours were slashed last year, I learned the following:

"EVERYBODY needs a lifeline!"

While it did not make up for my lost income, it was a good safety net to have, and could have been so much more during that time.

I am a hobbyist and that is fine with me. But I also have goals and need motivation. (And minis, and a spring product!) This will be a great place to get it. And it will be fun bonding with other consultants!

I hope you were able to go to your meeting and that there was room for you!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
otisbg
Replies
Views
chefa
Replies
Views
gaddischef
Replies
Views