• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

FedEx vs. Water Buffalo: A Hilarious Parody Showdown

Tune in next time to hear Larry sing...In summary, the conversation was about the problems with FedEx and UPS delivery services, as well as a parody involving water buffaloes and Veggie Tales. The conversation also included a funny anecdote about relating vegetables to Veggie Tales, and a discussion about the silliness of the parody.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
So, what can I say, it was the first thing that came to mind when I thought of a parody for my own thread...

Why water buffalo???? I haven't the SLIGHTEST clue why that popped in my head! :confused:

My $$ is on the water buffalo....I don't know about anyone else, but I miss UPS:cry: !!! With Fed Ex I never know my stuff has arrived. UPS if my door was partly open and it was heavy, he would leave it in the doorway for me. One day I was waiting for a show to be delivered so I could leave and the site said it had been, I looked out the front door, out the back, couldn't see it. I started to panic...turns out it was along side the house in a place we've never left it before. My UPS man would not have ever done that....The Fed Ex guys just aren't as nice and my boxes are more beat up....

Anyone else have these problems?? :confused:

Yes, I have the same problems, Angela. My boxes are left upside down. The heavy boxes are on top of the lighter boxes. UPS comes to the front door and rings the door bell. FED EX leaves stuff by the garage door or in the garage of the door is open but doesn't knock or ring. (I have a side entry garage.) There are things in the box that are smooshed or bent (cookbooks).

janetupnorth said:
Why water buffalo???? I haven't the SLIGHTEST clue why that popped in my head! :confused:

Have you been watching Veggi Tales? I can't remember it off the top of my head but they have a water buffalo song!!

Stampaholic1961 said:
Have you been watching Veggi Tales? I can't remember it off the top of my head but they have a water buffalo song!!

Not in a long while, but maybe it was subconsciously there...it was the first thing that came to mind that was the size of a bear - LOL!

I liked UPS so much better. I never had problems with freight damage. It seems like now almost every show has damaged items.

I had a box sit at Federal Express for 2 weeks for no reason. I had to call HO and finally they deliver my appetizer caddy.

Stampaholic1961 said:

Ahh...yes, Silly Songs with Larry :)

Funny Veggie Tale side note....I made the Phyllo-Wrapped Asparagus for dinner the other night to practice for a show. My kids (12 & 17) had a hard time eating them...kept calling them Junior Asparagus! All these years later after MANY hours of Veggie Tales...they still relate vegetables to Veggie Tales :)

GeorgiaPeach said:

Funny Veggie Tale side note....I made the Phyllo-Wrapped Asparagus for dinner the other night to practice for a show. My kids (12 & 17) had a hard time eating them...kept calling them Junior Asparagus! All these years later after MANY hours of Veggie Tales...they still relate vegetables to Veggie Tales :)

I know a mom whose 1st exposure to a Bible was Veggie Tales...she sits in church and when she hears a sermon, relates it to the Veggie Tale movies...

GeorgiaPeach said:

Is it really a side-note when this was a parody to Packers vs. Bears? :D

Stampaholic1961 said:

Narrator: And now it's time for Silly Songs with Larry; the part of the show
where Larry comes out and sings-- a silly song! So, without further adieu...
Silly songs with Larry.

Larry [singing]:
Everybody's got a water buffalo.
Yours is fast but mine is slow.
Oh, where we get them, I don't know, but everybody's got a water buffaloooo!
I took my buffalo to the store,
Got his head stuck in the door,
Spilled some lima beans on the floor,
Oh, everybody's got a...

Dr. Archibald: Stop it. Stop! Stop right this instant! What do you think
you're doing?! You can't say everybody's got a water buffalo when everybody does NOT have a water buffal! We're going to get nasty letters saying, "Where's my water buffalo? Why don't I have a water buffalo?" And are you prepared to deal with that? I don't think so! Just stop being so silly!

Narrator: This has been silly songs with Larry. Join us next time to hear
Larry sing:

Everybody's got a baby kangaroo.
Yours is pink, but mine is blue.
Hers was small but then it...

Dr. Archibald: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Katie...the memories you have just stirred :) If it weren't so late, I'd sing along :D

My three kiddos are all under 8... we watch Veggies ALL the time!!!

I guess I am the lone Fed Ex supporter on this thread. I get my shipments faster and have had far less breakage and smooshed boxes than with UPS. My Fed Ex guy rings the bell or knocks and is very kind. I left him a note a while back telling him how much I appreciated the fine job he and his company are doing and how thankful I am that he always puts my boxes up on the porch where they are out of the elements. He was blown away that I took the time to thank him and asked if I could take it to his boss for him to read. Sometimes I think all we need to do is extend the same grace to them as we do to our hosts in host coaching and we'll get more from them. If your driver is putting boxes in places that are not convenient or safe for them... call Fed Ex or leave a note with BIG letter so he's sure to see it and ask them to leave the boxes in a better place. I certainly wouldn't want a host frustrated with me but then not tell me... how can I do my job better if I don't know I'm doing it incorrectly for her? Sorry... I just think communication may help out a bit. I know I'm blessed to have my shows coming quicker etc ... just my experiences... I hope things improve for all of you.

I have to agree with everyone else on not liking FedEX. I get UPS deliveries from different companies, and am used to my UPS guy. I know when he normally shows up, between 1:30 and 3:30 all the time. So I only have to wait 2 hrs out of my day when I'm expecting a package.
FedEx guy if they ever show up they can be at anytime of day. I live out in the country and we have wild animals everywhere, boxes get torn up if I'm not at home to get them. So I have to waste a day at home waiting for the Fed Ex guy. But even worse than that...Waiting for my Kit to come in. I called the Home Office and they told me it was going to be delivered on Wed, because that's what the tracking number said. So I stayed home all Wed and waited for the FedEx guy. At 6pm that night I called the FedEx 888 number. They told me that because of the type of truck that the package was on they had till 8pm to deliver it. So at 8:30 I called the FedEx 888 number back, Still NO PACKAGE! They said the driver had put into the computer that it was "Undeliverable at the time". And I was told it would be delivered the next day, and the delivery man had probably just run out of time. So I wait around all day THURSDAY! Thursday night at 8:30 I once again call the FedEx 888 number, they said that maybe the address was wrong, but the driver didn't put anything in the computer this time. So they asked for my address. I gave it to them. I said that I live on West HYWY 220. They said "Oh thats the problem our computer says you live on HYWY 220 West." Hello!!!! How is that different, especially here in Wyoming where there is only 1 HYWY 220...East half of it and the West half of it! So anyway I calmly say okay thank you I will await the package tomorrow, because I need the package by tomorrow at the latest. SO, Friday morning at 7am I call the 888 number again, and ask if my package will be delivered that day because I desperatly need it. They put me in contact with my local depo, (which BTW wouldn't talk to me when I tried to just call them) and they said. "We aren't sure if we can get it to you today or not our driver can't seem to find your house. Is there anyway you can come in and pick it up yourself." I agree to go pick it up because I needed my kit I had to practice for my first party that was 2 days away. Thank Goodness the hostess rescheduled! SO I drive 45miles one way to get my package. I meet the driver that was supposed to deliver it to my house. He says he has been delivering out in my area for 4 years and has no clue where my place is. I give him directions and he says "Oh, I never thought of going down that road. I went down the others, but not that one." I wanted to scream! My package had been sitting on his truck for 2 days because he chose not to go down my road.
Sorry this was soooo long.

Dorthy
Wyomings Pampered Rancher

Now I'm feeling kinda badOkay, thanks Diane for the reminder that a little communication goes a long way. I may try and leave a little note for Mr. FedEx the next time he comes through....I'll just have to figure out where to leave it so he'll see it!!

On a side note, not all FedExers are like my current one. I used to be a manager for Wendy's 10+ years ago and we had paperwork that was picked up every Monday by FedEx... Steve was his name and boy was he cute!!! :love: He came the same time every Monday and you'd swear it was something you'd seen from TV, all us single ladies and married ones too, rushing to get to the counter before the FedEx guy came.....I think it was one of his favorite stops!! At least I know I enjoyed it :D
Okay, enough for now, I need to go spend time with my DH!!

NO... don't feel bad... but thanks for posting that! It gave me a great visual and a wonderful laugh! :)

quiverfull7 said:
I guess I am the lone Fed Ex supporter on this thread.

Nope, I've had great experience with them too - different schedule than our UPS guy but good.

I started a parody on my own Packers vs. Bears thread and it turned into a FedEx rant. LOL! I'm still chuckling at that!

What is the difference between using FedEx and a water buffalo for delivering Pampered Chef products?

The main difference is the mode of transportation. FedEx uses airplanes, trucks, and delivery vans to transport items, while water buffaloes rely on their own physical power to pull carts or carry items on their backs.

Which option is more cost-effective for Pampered Chef?

In most cases, using FedEx is more cost-effective due to the speed and efficiency of their delivery system. However, in certain rural areas where water buffaloes may be more accessible, using them for delivery may be a more cost-effective option.

Is one option more environmentally friendly than the other?

While both options have their environmental impacts, using water buffaloes for delivery may have a smaller carbon footprint as they do not require fuel or electricity to operate. However, FedEx has made efforts to reduce their carbon emissions and has implemented sustainable practices in their operations.

Which option is more reliable for delivering Pampered Chef products?

FedEx is generally considered to be more reliable due to their advanced tracking systems and efficient delivery methods. However, weather and other unforeseen circumstances can affect the reliability of both options.

Can customers choose between FedEx and water buffalo delivery for their orders?

At this time, customers do not have the option to choose between FedEx and water buffalo delivery for their Pampered Chef orders. The company has chosen to exclusively use FedEx for their delivery services to ensure timely and efficient delivery for all customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
baychef
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
baychef
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies