• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Favorite Simpsons Quotes - in Honor of the Movie

In summary, Terri and Kirk are stranded on a desert island and Marge Simpson provides a summary of the content. People do crazy things in commercials like eat at Arby's, and mention $5 and say "Five bucks? Where'd you get five bucks? I want five bucks!" If either DH or myself are getting very hungry for a meal, we say "I'm so hungry I could eat at Arby's!"
I got the earrings on Etsy. The artist who made them did so on her DH's suggestion, because he's a big Simpson's fan. If you go to etsy.com, then search for username Artistikdiva, you'll find her shop. You can send her a message requesting a pair. I love them because they're BIG (the donuts are about 3/4-1 inch in diameter), but light because they're made of polymer clay.

It's scary to think that there are HS graduates out there (or at least seniors) who have never lived in a workd without the Simpsons.

Did you listen to the commentary on the World Trade Center episode from Season 9? I LOVE that episode, and it hasn't been aired in the US since 9/11. The producers point out one funny but unfortunate line. An employee in Tower 1 yells something at Homer. Tower 2 employee leans out the window (like the towers had windows that opened!) and yells to Homer: Don't worry about him - they put all the jerks in Tower 1.

And you hit the nail on the head about why it actually is a good show. Sure, some of the kids are brats, and some of the adults have their foibles. But 2 of the semi-main recurring characters (Flanders and Rev. Lovejoy) are very devout people. The family DOES go to church every week. Although that's the source of one of DH's favorite quotes. They get home and start stripping off their church clothes as soon as they get in the house, stating, "I love Sunday afternoon. It's the longest possible time before more church!"

They're also very tolerant and accepting. Lisa is a vegetarian and a Buddhist. Krusty is Jewish - not practicing, but his father is a rabbi. Apu is Hindu, and the Simpsons hosted his wedding in their yard. There are Asian, black, Indian, native American, Mexican and other immigrant characters. Skinner is an army veteran ("Let us never speak of this again.") Heck, some of the citizens of prominence are minorities (the judge and Dr. Hibbert).

Yeah, he's a grad who has never been without the Simpsons - it's always been one of those whole family do together things at our house.

BTW the earrings are no longer on her site - she has cute ones but no donuts.

chefann said:
And you hit the nail on the head about why it actually is a good show. Sure, some of the kids are brats, and some of the adults have their foibles. But 2 of the semi-main recurring characters (Flanders and Rev. Lovejoy) are very devout people. The family DOES go to church every week. Although that's the source of one of DH's favorite quotes. They get home and start stripping off their church clothes as soon as they get in the house, stating, "I love Sunday afternoon. It's the longest possible time before more church!"

They're also very tolerant and accepting. Lisa is a vegetarian and a Buddhist. Krusty is Jewish - not practicing, but his father is a rabbi. Apu is Hindu, and the Simpsons hosted his wedding in their yard. There are Asian, black, Indian, native American, Mexican and other immigrant characters. Skinner is an army veteran ("Let us never speak of this again.") Heck, some of the citizens of prominence are minorities (the judge and Dr. Hibbert).
They don't leave anyone out. They poke fun at everyone and do wild things but always do the right thing in the end. However irreverently.

Love the show! It really is a good life lesson. We are all Simpsons.

BethCooks4U said:
BTW the earrings are no longer on her site - she has cute ones but no donuts.
Send her a message (a "conversation" as they call it at Etsy) and ask if she could make you a pair. She seemed really cool when I was convo-ing her about the pair I got.
You can also search the site for "donut" and see if anyone else has something similar.

Bart: Rocky V plus Rocky II equals Rocky VII: Adrian's Revenge.

Oh my goodness, I love the jewelry from inedible jewelry (the earrings link above). The kiwi stuff and fruit tart necklace are adorable! I wish I had seen that earlier, I would have bought them for summer shows (write off?). I'm trying to figure out an angle to go with our fall theme shows... unfortunately chocolate is not quite as cute as kiwis, strawberries, and watermelon!

dwyerkim said:
Oh my goodness, I love the jewelry from inedible jewelry (the earrings link above). The kiwi stuff and fruit tart necklace are adorable! I wish I had seen that earlier, I would have bought them for summer shows (write off?). I'm trying to figure out an angle to go with our fall theme shows... unfortunately chocolate is not quite as cute as kiwis, strawberries, and watermelon!
They were one of the first shops I found on Etsy, after I signed up. I've got them in my favorites list, so I can get some cute stuff down the road. I love the sushi cuff links she has!

BTW- did you see the Tuxedo Strawberries at Inedible Jewelry?
il_430xN.8902940.jpg

Beeeeethhh! Oh, Bethy!
Did you go? Are you back? Did you have a pink-frosted donut as your movie snack?

(OMG, that rhymes. And I wasn't trying to do that!)

Apu: A Twizzler is not a sprinkle. A Jolly Rancher is not a sprinkle. A Mounds Bar is not a sprinkle.

: D'oh!

: hmmmm...

: Ay, caramba!

: suck suck suck

: If anybody wants me, I'll be in my room.

I tried to call you after I left the theatre but your phone was busy!

Yes I just got home - you're gonna love it!

: "But I..."

: "Hommie..."

: "But dad, they'll see my..."

: "_____" - I can't tell you

: "___'s perfect".

If you tried to call my home number, it's disconnected. We paid the bill, honest! But the company went under and has been shutting people off for the last 2 weeks. We have new service, but they haven't gotten the old number transferred yet.DH told me today that he doesn't want to go tomorrow morning because there will be too many children there. So I may go without him! And still go with him during the week. so there. nyaah. (to him, not you)

Just got HOMIED!
BethCooks4U said:
: "But I..."

[

Just got home from the Movie! LOL!

Ann, I called your cell phone ___-358-____
At least that's what I have for a number for you from conference.

There weren't many kids today - mostly teens and adults. We're a cult.

Hey D. - love it?? Did you stay through the credits?

chefann said:
They were one of the first shops I found on Etsy, after I signed up. I've got them in my favorites list, so I can get some cute stuff down the road. I love the sushi cuff links she has!
I emailed her (or whatever they call it) to try and get some chocolate bliss jewelry ideas.

I LOVE the sushi jewelry, just trying to justify why I need a sushi charm bracelet (and anyone who can justify that deserves the sales award of the year). Did you see the other artist, I think it was skybluebunny or something like that, she had some really cute stuff too... cute margarita earings and lots of cupcakes, and sushi too!

BethCooks4U said:
Ann, I called your cell phone ___-358-____
At least that's what I have for a number for you from conference.

There weren't many kids today - mostly teens and adults. We're a cult.

Hey D. - love it?? Did you stay through the credits?
358 is a typo for my home number. My cell is on my PWS. :)

chefann said:
358 is a typo for my home number. My cell is on my PWS. :)
Well then I guess you didn't want me to call you at conference cause that's the number I got for you (...well, I guess I could have put it in wrong.:confused:

Maybe I typed it wrong. Sorry.Dr. Nick: When in doubt, rub the food on a piece of paper. If the paper turns clear, that's your window to weight gain.

Kids and I went to Burger King yesterday and got three of the toys. Brianna (my 16mo DS) of course has to get toys like her brothers and amazingly enough picked the bag that had a Maggie toy in it.
We have Maggie - makes a sucking sound
Apu (with a price scanner gun in his hand) - "Please, please, I'm gouging as fast as I can"
Barney - "Call me"
They are not as loud as I thought they would be and are not as annoying as some of the other kid's meal toys we have gotten.

chefann said:
If you tried to call my home number, it's disconnected. We paid the bill, honest! But the company went under and has been shutting people off for the last 2 weeks. We have new service, but they haven't gotten the old number transferred yet.

DH told me today that he doesn't want to go tomorrow morning because there will be too many children there. So I may go without him! And still go with him during the week. so there. nyaah. (to him, not you)

So Ann, you had Sunrocket, too, huh?? UGH!! I hate them even more now!! :( We get our new service hooked up on Tue - can't happen fast enough.

Just got back from the movie ourselves. HYSTERICAL!! :) Too many funny parts, and way more raunchy than the TV show. Definitely a must-see! :D

cathyskitchen said:
So Ann, you had Sunrocket, too, huh?? UGH!! I hate them even more now!! :( We get our new service hooked up on Tue - can't happen fast enough.
DH signed up for another service without researching it well. We'll probably sign up for a different one as soon as we get the number switched over, so we don't lose our number.

We need more "Bort" license plates.

We just got back from the movie, and the credits were like a "who's who" of people from the DVD commentary. I also saw Scott Vanzo credited. He was the computer graphics guy on Futurama.I'm Tom Hanks, and it you meet me in real life, please leave me alone.

Last edited:
No I didnt...my son had enough....what did I miss?

They had little snippets all through the credits, including Maggie's first word.At the very end, the pimply-faced teen came out in a theater uniform to sweep the floor, complaining, "Assistant manager isn't much to brag about. Four years of film school for this?"We're gonna need more birds!

I knew it! I knew we should've stayed...>Shheeesshhh!!!!

On Green Day's teleprompter: da da da da da da da da da da da da

On Mrs. Crabapple's t-shirt (at the Green Day concert):

"Not My Boyfriend" (with an arrow pointing downward - she's sitting on Seymour Skinner's shoulders) :D

did you see the movie SWEPT the weekend away?! They did even better than they anticipated! When Jaret and I got out of the movie at 8 pm Friday the next one was already lined up to the entrance door....amazing!

My kids are singing this right now:

Spiderpig, Spiderpig,
Does whatever a Spiderpig does
Spins a web
No he doesn't
He's a pig, not a Spider
LOOK OUT!

cathyskitchen said:
My kids are singing this right now:

Spiderpig, Spiderpig,
Does whatever a Spiderpig does
Spins a web
No he doesn't
He's a pig, not a Spider
LOOK OUT!

Thank you SOOOOO much for posting that! My son and I forgot the words! We're both here laughing!

Denarella said:
did you see the movie SWEPT the weekend away?! They did even better than they anticipated! When Jaret and I got out of the movie at 8 pm Friday the next one was already lined up to the entrance door....amazing!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070729/ap_en_mo/box_office

I'm not surprised that it did so well - there were lines at the movie theater I went to, and I haven't seen lines like that in ages! :)

I think half the audience at our screening sang along with the spiderpig song.I have a chainsaw! rrr rrr rrr....

I was SHOCKED when they showed his little pee pee!

Denarella said:
I was SHOCKED when they showed his little pee pee!

ROFL - we're still laughing about that!! OMG! How about the cops at the motel?? Thank goodness my kids didn't get it!! ;)

cathyskitchen said:
ROFL - we're still laughing about that!! OMG! How about the cops at the motel?? Thank goodness my kids didn't get it!! ;)

LMAO!!!!! Mine either! Whoo Hoo!!!! My mother would KILL me if she knew what I took my son to see!

I thought it was great that they took full advantage of the fact they weren't on TV and had a PG-13 rating.

chefann said:
I thought it was great that they took full advantage of the fact they weren't on TV and had a PG-13 rating.

It was fun to see them let loose....I thought it was PG until I found out when we got there.....

I had to cover my 5yo's eyes when Homer was going down the sinkhole giving the finger, but I was LMAO the entire time - it was great and I want to see it again, W/O the kids!! ;)

cathyskitchen said:
I had to cover my 5yo's eyes when Homer was going down the sinkhole giving the finger, but I was LMAO the entire time - it was great and I want to see it again, W/O the kids!! ;)

My son kept whispering "mom why are you laughing? What did I miss"

"Nothing honey....just watch"

OK!! OK!!!

FINALLY got to see the movie today!!! Just got back - TOO FREAKIN FUNNY!!! LMAO!!!! My sides are still hurting!!!

Steady...Steady...

The concert scene was too much ROFL!!!

The Homer & Bart dare ya.... OMG!!!! AND what about Flanders:eek: :D I am still wiping tears of laughter from my face.... needless to say my sister didn't get it???

I do wish Selma could have made an appearance though.....

It's a keeper!!!

Forgot to mention, DH and I went to a 6:00 pm show, so of course we were hungry when we were leaving. I asked him if we wanted to stop for something, like a "Clogger." :D (Which looked an awful lot like a Wendy's Baconator, except those are beef.)

I'm getting out of this town alive if it kills me!One of my very favorite episodes is on right now, for the first time in Detroit since 9/11. It's the one in which Homer's car is parked illegally at the World Trade Center.

<h2>1. What is the significance of the Arby's restaurant in The Simpsons?</h2><p>The Arby's restaurant has been referenced in several episodes of The Simpsons, often as a humorous commentary on fast food and consumerism. The restaurant is also used as a setting for characters to gather or make jokes about the quality of the food.</p><h2>2. How does the character Terri use Arby's in the episode Das Bus?</h2><p>Terri, who is stranded on a desert island, expresses her extreme hunger by saying, "I'm so hungry, I could eat at Arby's!" This is a play on the restaurant's slogan "I'm so hungry, I could eat a horse." It highlights the desperation of the characters in the episode.</p><h2>3. What does Kirk Van Houten say about Arby's in A Milhouse divided?</h2><p>In this episode, Kirk Van Houten is jokingly referring to a dead possum when he says, "Just throw it over the fence and let Arby's worry about it!" This line is often used to comment on the questionable quality of fast food and the lack of concern for where the meat comes from.</p><h2>4. How does Marge Simpson use Arby's in Old Yeller Belly?</h2><p>Marge uses Arby's as an example of how people do crazy things in commercials, such as eating at the fast food chain. This is a commentary on the ridiculousness of advertising and how it can influence people's choices and behaviors.</p><h2>5. What happens in the Treehouse of Terror XVII episode involving Arby's?</h2><p>In this episode, Homer eats a green alien blob that tries to escape his mouth. After successfully keeping it down, he exclaims, "If I can keep down Arby's, I can keep down you!" This is a humorous reference to the perceived unappetizing nature of Arby's food.</p>

Related to Favorite Simpsons Quotes - in Honor of the Movie

1. What is the significance of the Arby's restaurant in The Simpsons?

The Arby's restaurant has been referenced in several episodes of The Simpsons, often as a humorous commentary on fast food and consumerism. The restaurant is also used as a setting for characters to gather or make jokes about the quality of the food.

2. How does the character Terri use Arby's in the episode Das Bus?

Terri, who is stranded on a desert island, expresses her extreme hunger by saying, "I'm so hungry, I could eat at Arby's!" This is a play on the restaurant's slogan "I'm so hungry, I could eat a horse." It highlights the desperation of the characters in the episode.

3. What does Kirk Van Houten say about Arby's in A Milhouse divided?

In this episode, Kirk Van Houten is jokingly referring to a dead possum when he says, "Just throw it over the fence and let Arby's worry about it!" This line is often used to comment on the questionable quality of fast food and the lack of concern for where the meat comes from.

4. How does Marge Simpson use Arby's in Old Yeller Belly?

Marge uses Arby's as an example of how people do crazy things in commercials, such as eating at the fast food chain. This is a commentary on the ridiculousness of advertising and how it can influence people's choices and behaviors.

5. What happens in the Treehouse of Terror XVII episode involving Arby's?

In this episode, Homer eats a green alien blob that tries to escape his mouth. After successfully keeping it down, he exclaims, "If I can keep down Arby's, I can keep down you!" This is a humorous reference to the perceived unappetizing nature of Arby's food.

Back