• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Favorite Simpsons Quotes - in Honor of the Movie

In summary, Terri and Kirk are stranded on a desert island and Marge Simpson provides a summary of the content. People do crazy things in commercials like eat at Arby's, and mention $5 and say "Five bucks? Where'd you get five bucks? I want five bucks!" If either DH or myself are getting very hungry for a meal, we say "I'm so hungry I could eat at Arby's!"
chefann
Gold Member
Theme: Arby's restaurant

I'm so hungry, I could eat at Arby's!
~ Terri, stranded on a desert island in Das Bus

Just throw it over the fence and let Arby's worry about it!
~ Kirk Van Houten, referring to a dead possum in A Milhouse divided

People do crazy things in commercials. Like eat at Arby's.
~ Marge Simpson, to Lisa in Old Yeller Belly

If I can keep down Arby's, I can keep down you.
~ Homer Simpson, after eating a green alien blob that tries to escape hsi mouth in Treehouse of Terror XVII

Probably the most common used in my house (by DH)

"Doh!"

sory Dh is th simpsons coniseaur (sp?) I like it to but hate that DD loves it.

We use Simpsons-isms all the time at our house. Beaker says, "D'oh." Ask her, "Who says 'D'oh'?" and she responds, "Homer." Ask, "What else does Homer say?" and she says, "Woo-hoo!"If either DH or myself are getting very hungry for a meal, we say, "I'm so hungry I could eat at Arby's!" (see above)Mention $5, and we say, "Five bucks? Where'd you get five bucks? I want five bucks!"

I still like the classic, "I didn't do it, you didn't see me, nobody saw me, you can't prove anything!" and "Eat my shorts!"In the episode where Bart has to take Santa's Little Helper to obedience school, the dog runs away and discovers he can open the automatic doors at the Quik-E-Mart. Apu says, "Get out of my mom and pop operation, you mangy cur!"

There go my girlhood dreams of Vassar.My cat's breath smells like cat food.Hey-Hey!They fight, and bite.
And fight and bite and fight.
Fight, fight, fight.
Bite, bite, bite.
It's the Itchy and Scratchy show!

Oh, my cat's breath smells like cat food always cracks us up. I think our favorite is "donuts, is there anything they can't do?" (from the one with the elevated train, whatever that was called, and they throw out an anchor that catches on the giant donut sign)

Oh, and "mmmm, floor pie" plus the homer drooling noise. or "mmmm, forbidden donut." Hmmm, seems i remember all the food related quotes.

my favs...I can't believe smell you later replaced goodbye (in the ep where lisa dreams she's president)andhomer works at a car lot and the balloon wavy thing deflates homer gets up on the stand where they had it and starts waving his arms like the balloon and says "he was my best friend!"

Some of my favorites:

Homer: Yeah, Moe, that team sure did suck last night. They just plain sucked! I've seen teams suck before, but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked!Marge: HOMER!
Homer: I gotta go Moe my damn weiner kids are listening.

Ralph: That's my swingset, and that's my sandbox. I'm not allowed to go in the deep end. And this is where I met the leprechaun.
Bart: Right, the leprechaun.
Ralph: He told me to burn things.

Marge: This is the worst thing you've ever done.
Homer: You say that so often that it lost its meaning.

Rainier: My eyes! The goggles do nothing! (we say this all summer when we go to the pool and the kids ask for their goggles!)

Troy McClure: HI. I'm Troy McClure. You may remember me from such self help tapes as 'Smoke yourself thin' and 'Get some confidence, Stupid!

Barney: Hello, my name is Barney Gumble, and I'm an alcoholic.
Lisa: Mr Gumble, this is a girl scouts meeting.
Barney: Is it, or is it you girls can't admit that you have a problem?

Homer: Operator! Give me the number for 911!

Oh, I could go on and on!!! ;) Before they came out on DVD, DH used to tape every episode and has a whole library since season 1!! Can't wait for the movie!! :D

I must confess, I've never watched a single episode of The Simpsons. I know--un-American. I do, however, say "Woo hoo!" all the time. I've also been known to say, "I didn't do it. Nobody saw me do it. You can't prove anything."Having never watched the show, I can only assume I picked these up from a fan somewhere.

raebates said:
I must confess, I've never watched a single episode of The Simpsons. I know--un-American. I do, however, say "Woo hoo!" all the time. I've also been known to say, "I didn't do it. Nobody saw me do it. You can't prove anything."Having never watched the show, I can only assume I picked these up from a fan somewhere.
Rae, I'm right there with you! I've never watched either.Seeing the line "I didn't do it. Nobody saw me do it. You can't prove anything." reminds me of my daughter. When she was 2 1/2 or 3 she wrote on the walls in the living room (and signed her name!) Then she took the pencil & marked all the way up the stairs. When my husband asked her why she did it she looked him right in the eye & said "Did you see me do it? If you didn't see me do it then how do you know I did it. You can't prove it" I was amazed that one so young could come up with that kind of logic!

Last edited:
That's one scary-smart little girl.

Oh, how could I forget... "come back, Joey Joe-Joe!"

raebates said:
That's one scary-smart little girl.

Tell me about it!!! She & her brother have definitely kept me on
my toes!!

Marge: Now, Homer, don't you eat my pie.
Homer: Pie, I'm just going to go (eating noise) and if you get eaten, it's your own fault.Wiggum: There's a beer explosion at the old Simpson place. Proceeding on foot. Bring pretzels. Repeat: bring pretzels.Wiggum: The suspect is a white male driving a blue, um, car. Suspect is hatless. Repeat: hatless.Ralph: Oh, I bent my Wookie.Mark Hamill: Hey! My lightsaber! George makes us pay for those.

"Mark Hamill: Hey! My lightsaber! George makes us pay for those."

ROFL - that whole episode was hilarious!!!

Mark Hamill IS Nathan Detroit. Pepper Steak IS the entree. (Not a quote, but they're on posters in the background of that episode - at the dinner theater.)Otto: Whoa, man. What am I smoking? (glances at joint in hand) Oh, yeah, right.Rev. Lovejoy: None of this would have happened if the wedding had been held inside the church with God instead of outside in the showiness of nature.Okeley-dokeley!

Marge: Homer, the plant called. They said if you don't show up tomorrow don't bother showing up on Monday.
Homer: Woo-hoo. Four-day weekend.

Homer: Operator! Give me the number for 911!

Didn't get from the movie...butt found it fit with the theme of the thread...

th7bcdcd0e83a5bee00aa273e1dee63803.gif

The fingers you have used to dial are too fat. To obtain a special dialing wand, please mash the keypad with your palm now.Homer: I just want to see Honk if You're Horny in peace!Bart: My theory is, Skiner likes dog food.Comic Book Guy: Worst... episode... ever.Milhouse: I've said the words "Jiminy jillikers" so many times, the words have lost all meaning.Homer: I'm hungry. What you got?
Street vendor: Hav Halash.
H: OK. I'll take a bowl.
SV: No bowl - stick!
Homer eats several sticks of a mysterious shish-kabob type food.
H: Now I'm thirsty. What do you have to drink?
SV: Mountain Dew or crab juice.
H: Ewwww, gross! Gimme a crab juice!

"Le grill"? What the hell's that?!?

You will find true love on Flag Day.Cletus Spuckler: Hey Brandine! Look what I brung you what for to wear at work. (showing her combat boots)
Brandine: Them'll scratch up the topless dancin' runway.
CS: Well, back you go, to wait for a woman of more discriminatin' tastes. (returning the boots to the power line)

From Grandpa: "I'm cold, and there are wolves after me"

Robin

And here I am using my legs like a sucker.We start with the best part of the chicken - the neck. Then we add secret hobo spices.The best part was when the buildings fell down.We missed the first 4 episodes of Cops, but if we hurry, we can catch the next 5.Clown college? You can't eat that!

You people have been holding me back for too long. I'm going to clown college and there's nothing you can do about it!I'm seeing double: four Krustys!

Don't have a cow, man!

Ay, Carumba!

So who won, the losers?
No, they lost.

Homer: They have the internet on computers now?

Milhouse (representing Poland at Model U.N.): Well, we sent a rocket to the sun, at night.

Lunch Lady Doris: There's very little meat in these gym mats.

Homer (voiceover): It was the 13th hour of the 13th day of the 13th month. And there was a meeting to discuss the misprinted school calendars.

Homer (seeing a koi in a pond): mmmm.... unprocessed fish sticks

Apu (to crowd outside the Kwik-E-Mart, waiting to purchase supplies as a hurricane heads toward town): Please stand in line. You will all have a chance to be gouged.

Apu (to the same customers, as they leave the store): If you survive, please come again.

Bart (reading Jr. Camper knife safety book): The 5 "dos" and 500 "don'ts" of knife safety. Don't do what Donny Don't does.

Homer: Marge, can we set the oven to cold?

Move over, eggs. Bacon has a new best friend - FUDGE!Nuts and gum, together at last.

Marge: I will not bring you a snack. Dinner will be ready in 5 minutes.
Homer (to kids): Ohhh... we wouldn't be in this mess if your mother had started dinner 5 minutes earlier.

Homer: Do you want a donut?
Lisa: Do you have any fruit?
Homer: This one has purple in it. Purple is a fruit.

Ann -
Did you like the poster that was in USA Weekend?

It was OK. There were several things in it, as mentioned in the article, that were not usual: Grandpa's sweatshirt, off the top of my head.

Fox has a new logo on the corner of the screen all week. It's yellow, and has a pink frosted sprinkly donut as the "o".

I have a new pair of donut-shaped earrings I got to wear to the movie. They also have pink "frosting" on them.
il_430xN.8855521.jpg

Homer: Mmmmm, makin' bacon on the beach.

Homer: My ears are burning.
Lisa: I wasn't talking about you, Dad.
Homer: No, my ears are really burning. I wanted to see inside, so I lit a Q-tip.

Homer: Bad bees. Get away from my sugar. Ow. OW. Oh, they're defending themselves somehow.

So, if we're deadlocked, we'll have to be sequestered at the Springfield Ams Hotel. Oohh... free room service, free cable, Free Willy!

Flanders: If it's clear and yella, you got juice there, fella. If it's cloudy and brown, you're in cider town.

That was mentioned here about 3 weeks ago. There are only 12 in the US and Canada.
BUT- you can download a coupon for buy one, get one free Squishee at 7-eleven.com. :D

My favorite is:"Homer, use the open faced club...the sand wedge."
"MMMMM....open faced club sandwich"

Bart: I, for one, think it's ironic that for once Dad's butt is preventing the release of toxic gas.

Homer: And that's me in outer space. You've never been?

Former president Ford: Homer, do you like beer? Do you like nachos? Let's watch football, drink some beer and eat nachos.

chefann said:
My cat's breath smells like cat food.

Right there... that's my favorite Simpson's quote/moment ever.
I <3 Ralph!

Ralph has some great lines. They seem so random, until you get into a Zen state of mind and think about them.

I love when the Model UN gets stranded on the island, and they're all in war paint. And Ralph's looks like a kittycat. :)

I choo-choo-choose you!

Bart: We're out of food, Homer. We're even out of the basic elements of food - you drank all the soy sauce and ate all the tarragon.

Remember, son, weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals. Except the weasel.If you never try, you can't fail.Lisa, stop playing that saxamaphone!

Sir, I'm afraid our seats won't accommodate someone of your stature. I'd be happy to make it up to you with a garbage bag of popcorn.

I heard Nancy Cartwright on NPR yesterday (I think someone else associated with the show was on before her). I'm not a Simpsons fan but we used to watch it every once in awhile. It was fun to listen to her talking normal and then suddenly go into Bart mode.

It was interesting to hear how they do their show tapings and how things have changed over the years. (They used to tape from 10 a.m. until 9 p.m., now they are in the studio from 10-2)

THX test sound plays in theater, loudly, breaking patrons' glasses.
Grandpa: Eh? Turn it up!

Cletus: I'd like 300 pretzels, please.
Marge: That'll be $300.
Cletus: Nuh-uh. I gots me dem coo-pons.
Marge: I knew I sould have said "Limit 1."
Cletus: Shoulda, but did'na.
(Note: we use "shoulda but did'na" at home all the time)

Homer: Let the bears pay the bear tax! I pay the Homer tax.
Lisa: No, you pay the "home owner" tax.

So is anyone else bummed that Alf Clausen, who does the music for the show, didn't do the music for the movie? It seems like a slap in the face of the man who's given them 18 seasons of fantastic music.

Homer: Could those bassoons have BEEN any later? John Williams must be rolling in his grave.

Ann, Did you know I'm going to go see the movie this afternoon? Want me to quote it when I get back?

Last edited:
I know! Pig! (JK - I love you.)

No need to quote. DH and I will probably be going tomorrow morning. I did wear my new donut earrings today. :D mmmm..... donut.....

Apu: Thank you! Come again!

And how can I get a pair of those donut earrings?

DS says he loves you - He loves anyone that is such a Simpson's lover. He was born the year that the Simpsons started and loves the show. Has all of the DVD's that are out... We all used to watch it (dh & I haven't lately I have to admit). It's a great show. Irreverent as it is they are the only family that goes to church on Sunday (others go to weddings, funerals in the shows but they go to worship). DH IS Homer!

<h2>1. What is the significance of the Arby's restaurant in The Simpsons?</h2><p>The Arby's restaurant has been referenced in several episodes of The Simpsons, often as a humorous commentary on fast food and consumerism. The restaurant is also used as a setting for characters to gather or make jokes about the quality of the food.</p><h2>2. How does the character Terri use Arby's in the episode Das Bus?</h2><p>Terri, who is stranded on a desert island, expresses her extreme hunger by saying, "I'm so hungry, I could eat at Arby's!" This is a play on the restaurant's slogan "I'm so hungry, I could eat a horse." It highlights the desperation of the characters in the episode.</p><h2>3. What does Kirk Van Houten say about Arby's in A Milhouse divided?</h2><p>In this episode, Kirk Van Houten is jokingly referring to a dead possum when he says, "Just throw it over the fence and let Arby's worry about it!" This line is often used to comment on the questionable quality of fast food and the lack of concern for where the meat comes from.</p><h2>4. How does Marge Simpson use Arby's in Old Yeller Belly?</h2><p>Marge uses Arby's as an example of how people do crazy things in commercials, such as eating at the fast food chain. This is a commentary on the ridiculousness of advertising and how it can influence people's choices and behaviors.</p><h2>5. What happens in the Treehouse of Terror XVII episode involving Arby's?</h2><p>In this episode, Homer eats a green alien blob that tries to escape his mouth. After successfully keeping it down, he exclaims, "If I can keep down Arby's, I can keep down you!" This is a humorous reference to the perceived unappetizing nature of Arby's food.</p>

Related to Favorite Simpsons Quotes - in Honor of the Movie

1. What is the significance of the Arby's restaurant in The Simpsons?

The Arby's restaurant has been referenced in several episodes of The Simpsons, often as a humorous commentary on fast food and consumerism. The restaurant is also used as a setting for characters to gather or make jokes about the quality of the food.

2. How does the character Terri use Arby's in the episode Das Bus?

Terri, who is stranded on a desert island, expresses her extreme hunger by saying, "I'm so hungry, I could eat at Arby's!" This is a play on the restaurant's slogan "I'm so hungry, I could eat a horse." It highlights the desperation of the characters in the episode.

3. What does Kirk Van Houten say about Arby's in A Milhouse divided?

In this episode, Kirk Van Houten is jokingly referring to a dead possum when he says, "Just throw it over the fence and let Arby's worry about it!" This line is often used to comment on the questionable quality of fast food and the lack of concern for where the meat comes from.

4. How does Marge Simpson use Arby's in Old Yeller Belly?

Marge uses Arby's as an example of how people do crazy things in commercials, such as eating at the fast food chain. This is a commentary on the ridiculousness of advertising and how it can influence people's choices and behaviors.

5. What happens in the Treehouse of Terror XVII episode involving Arby's?

In this episode, Homer eats a green alien blob that tries to escape his mouth. After successfully keeping it down, he exclaims, "If I can keep down Arby's, I can keep down you!" This is a humorous reference to the perceived unappetizing nature of Arby's food.

Back