• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fajita Show Recipe & Crash Course for Dummies

In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of fajitas. The participants discuss their experiences with making fajitas using different tools and techniques, such as the Deep Covered Baker, Ultimate Mandolin, and Mix n Chop. They also share their variations of fajita recipes, including using pork loin instead of chicken and incorporating additional ingredients like guacamole and salsa. The conversation ends with one participant planning to demonstrate the fajita recipe at a show and considering using the mix n chop to chop the chicken.
cookin to the top
Gold Member
I have heard nothing but good things about the fajita shows...where do we get the recipe? (If you have it, would you please post it? (How do you do the show? Which tools does it involve, for which steps?) Would you please give me a crash course (for dummies...LOL)? I was aiming for the santouko knife w/ the "in the bag" rewards, but now I'm rethinking it- that dcb sounds amazing! TIA!

Re: FajitasOh yeah, it's the best...I'm trying to attach it, don't know if it will work...

Attachments

• Easy Chicken Fajitas in the Deep Covered Baker1a.doc
    40.5 KB · Views: 405
Re: FajitasHere is my file- it has the recipe, product used, and also guacamole and salas process. Tonight, I am also incorporating the grill pan and press for the extra chicken.

Attachments

• Fast and Easy Chicken Fajitas.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 371
Re: FajitasI finally made this last night for my DH. They were really good BUT; there was quite a bit of liquid in the bottom from the onions & peppers. Have others had this? Do you usually drain the liquid before serving?

Re: FajitasUse the bamboo tongs for serving -- they pick up the "chunks" and leave the liquid.

:)

Re: FajitasI saw a recipe for pork loin fajitas in the DCB on CC. How does it compare to the chicken fajitas? I'm doing the pork loin tomorrow!

Re: FajitasHere is the recipe that I have used. A little different than the above recipes.
They are Fabulous!!!!!!

I love the idea of using the Rice cooker to warm the tortillas.

ENJOY!!!!!

Fast, Fabulous Fajitas (made in Deep Covered Baker)

1 tbsp. olive oil
1 yellow or white onion
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 pkg. (1 ½ lbs.) chicken tenderloins (NOT breaded); thawed
2 tsp. Chipotle seasoning
1 block cheddar cheese
1 8 oz. sour cream
1 bunch fresh cilantro
1 pkg. 6-inch flour tortillas

Use Garlic Infused Canola Oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil and brush (using the Silicone Pastry Brush) in the bottom of the baker and slightly up the sides.

Using the Ultimate Mandolin, slice 1 med. onion and put in the bottom of baker.
COARSELY chop the red and green bell peppers into LARGE pieces; place in baker over onions.

Place chicken tenders on top of pepper pieces.
Generously sprinkle Chipolata Rub over chicken, covering them.

Put the lid on the Deep Covered Baker and put in the Microwave for 15 minutes. (Depending on the microwave you use, it may take a little longer, just check it and make sure the chicken temperature reads on the Pocket Thermometer (R) done for Chicken!

While it is in the Microwave, grate the block of cheese with the Ultimate Mandolin.
Place tortillas in Rice Cooker Plus and heat for 1 minute.
Use the Medium Stainless Steel Scoop and put sour cream in the Easy Accent Decorator.
Snip fresh Cilantro with Kitchen Shears in one of the Prep Bowls.

When the timer goes off, you take the Deep Covered Baker out of the Microwave. Remover lid carefully, HOT steam!!!
Take the Salad Choppers and cut up all the peppers, onion and chicken in the Deep Covered Baker!
Use the Chef Tongs to serve with and squeeze the juice out with them!
Take a flour tortilla, top with chicken/onion/pepper mixture, and top with cheese, sour cream, and cilantro!

YUM!!

:chef:

Tracy

Re: FajitasI'm doing this at a show Saturday for the first time... YAH!!!
I am doing a test run this Friday night with the family. I am going to try using the mix and chop on the chicken once its cooked. Trying to work the buy the baker get the mix and chop free angle (Sept guest special) I have chopped chicken with it before and it works great but I have never tried using the salad choppers. So I plan to do half and half and decide which to demo...

Anyone tried this before with the mix and chop?

Re: Fajitas
Jenni said:
I'm doing this at a show Saturday for the first time... YAH!!!
I am doing a test run this Friday night with the family. I am going to try using the mix and chop on the chicken once its cooked. Trying to work the buy the baker get the mix and chop free angle (Sept guest special) I have chopped chicken with it before and it works great but I have never tried using the salad choppers. So I plan to do half and half and decide which to demo...

Anyone tried this before with the mix and chop?

Haven't tried it with this recipe, but I use the mix n chop for chopping chicken in the 12" skillet for Power Cooking Shows. It works great for that, so I think it would work great for you too!

Re: FajitasI used the mix n chop to shred chicken I poached in the microcooker last week. It worked great! I can't see that the chicken cooked in the DCB would be so different in texture that it wouldn't work.

Re: FajitasAnd I have never used the mix n chop for the recipe. The Salad Choppers work great.

I hardly ever sell any salad choppers, so they worked great to cut everything up.

I have now sold a couple more using this recipe when people see how they work for things other than salad.

I will have to experiment with the mix n chop.

Tracy

Re: Fajitas
chefann said:
I used the mix n chop to shred chicken I poached in the microcooker last week. It worked great! I can't see that the chicken cooked in the DCB would be so different in texture that it wouldn't work.

I have never used the MNC for CHICKEN! What an obvious idea! LOL

UpdateI just made them for the first time... they got two thumbs up from everyone in the Locke household! I can't wait to demo this Saturday night at my show.....
I did try the mix and chop but liked the salad choppers more!

Related to Fajita Show Recipe & Crash Course for Dummies

What ingredients do I need for the fajita show recipe?

To make the fajita show recipe, you will need: 1 lb of chicken or beef, sliced bell peppers and onions, fajita seasoning mix, tortillas, and toppings of your choice (such as cheese, salsa, sour cream).

How do I cook the fajita show recipe?

First, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken or beef and cook until browned. Then, add in the sliced bell peppers and onions, and continue cooking until they are soft. Sprinkle the fajita seasoning mix over the meat and vegetables, stirring to coat evenly. Finally, warm the tortillas in the microwave or on a heated skillet, and assemble the fajitas with your desired toppings.

Can I use a different type of meat for the fajita show recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of meat you prefer, such as shrimp or tofu. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly and make sure the meat is fully cooked before adding in the vegetables and seasoning.

How can I make the fajita show recipe spicier?

To make the fajitas spicier, you can add additional spices to the fajita seasoning mix, such as cayenne pepper or chili powder. You can also top the fajitas with hot sauce or diced jalapenos for an extra kick.

Do you have any tips for making the best fajita show recipe?

Yes, here are a few tips: make sure to slice the meat and vegetables thinly and evenly for even cooking, allow the meat to brown before adding in the vegetables, and warm the tortillas before assembling the fajitas. You can also marinate the meat in the fajita seasoning mix for added flavor. Enjoy!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NewtoMom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • middlemamma
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies