• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exploring Tostitos Recipes: What Can I Add?

In summary, the recipe calls for too much salt, too much cheese, and no lime. They would be better with more chicken, black beans, and lime.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
So I was all psyched to make these ... did EVERYTHING according to the recipe except that I cut it in half at the last minute, and didn't have a lime.

Aside from the Tostitos being way too salty (note to self: Never buy THAT brand again!) they just didn't seem to have enough stuff on them.

Anybody tried to add other things? Maybe some tomatoes, green onion, olives???

I would like to add some things the next time, but don't want to ruin the recipe.

I add extra chicken and cheese. You really do need the lime (I don't use the other half for garnish - it's pretty, but who wants to eat that?) I use Santita's brand tortilla chips, they are the best.

I also put the sour cream into either the EAD or a Decorator Bottle and let everyone put their own on. I love this recipe.

Oh yeah, when I cook the chicken (either in the DCB or the Grill Pan) I put a little bit of Jerk Seasoning on the chicken breasts first.

I usually use more chicken (for any recipe!) than required. I like chicken and don't think normal recipes call for enough. I didn't like how much cheese was on there. I did turn these into tacos the other night, used white corn shells, tomatoes, lettuce and all the rest of the toppings, very good!

I usually try recipes the way they are and then fix them to my own liking, try away!

jerk chicken nacho ideashi imade jerk chicken nachoes at my last show. but before i did i asked the hostess how she makes her nachoes and what different things did she like on them. and suprisingly she liked black olives,jalapenos and pineapplepieces.(which i thought was strange) but i added those extras to the jerk chicken nachoes and everybody loved it . including me the pineapple adds just some sweetness. they really were good and it was a good selling show.i think if you really take interest in pleasing and helping your host have her best party and what she wants it always turns out great for eerybody.

Last edited:
This is a family favorite (even with a picky DH!). You really MUST have the lime. It totally brightens it up and adds a teriffic kick. Also, use extra sour cream with the jerk seasoning in it. YUM!

I use the Tostitos Gold chips - the best in my opinion!

At home I usually add onions to the mix too...

Basically, they are nachos, you can do whatever you would want with them like regular nachos.

I often replace beef cooked with Jerk Seasoning for the chichen. I've made them with leftover turkey too - great use for the leftovers!!!!

pamperedape said:
This is a family favorite (even with a picky DH!). You really MUST have the lime. It totally brightens it up and adds a teriffic kick. Also, use extra sour cream with the jerk seasoning in it. YUM!

I second both of these too. We always make extra seasoned sour cream.

I second the lime.I also add black beans to mine!

When I made these, I added black beans. I agree that they don't seem to have enough on them either. I didn't really like them that well because I am not a fan of the jerk seasoning. If I make them again, I will use Southwestern.

What are some common ingredients to add to Tostitos?

Some popular ingredients to add to Tostitos include salsa, guacamole, cheese, beans, and shredded chicken or beef.

Can I use Tostitos as a base for a main dish?

Yes, Tostitos can be used as a base for many main dishes such as nachos, loaded Tostitos, and Tostitos casseroles.

What are some creative ways to use Tostitos in a recipe?

Tostitos can be used as a coating for chicken or fish, crushed as a topping for salads, or even blended into a dip for veggies or chips.

Are there any vegetarian Tostitos recipes?

Yes, Tostitos can be used in vegetarian recipes such as Tostitos tacos with black beans, roasted veggie Tostitos pizza, and Tostitos loaded sweet potato fries.

Can I use different flavors of Tostitos in a recipe?

Absolutely! You can use any flavor of Tostitos, such as Hint of Lime or Spicy Queso, to add an extra kick to your recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • smilesarepriceless
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefJoyJ
  • JackieB999
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies