• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exploring Multiple Direct Selling Businesses

In summary, there are many different types of direct selling businesses that an expert summarizer like herself can be involved in. She recommends that people not sign up to do more than one at a time, as it can be difficult to handle multiple businesses.
heather223
Gold Member
I was wondering how many do more than just one direct selling business and if so which ones?

I also do Heritage Makers. It is an online publishing company where you can make your own storybooks. But I have been committing more time to PC and doing HM more as a hobby. I love their books. I am my best customer!

I also do ecoquest...it's mainly pure air and water...I LOVE it.

My friend want's me to sign up to do isagenix so I can buy it cheaper. My other friend want's me to do the same thing with Arbonne. I thought you can't sign up to do more than one DS if you are pursuing Directorship? I wouldn't mind getting a discount on some things but I'd hate to sign an "agreement."

Christ Follower said:
My friend want's me to sign up to do isagenix so I can buy it cheaper. My other friend want's me to do the same thing with Arbonne. I thought you can't sign up to do more than one DS if you are pursuing Directorship? I wouldn't mind getting a discount on some things but I'd hate to sign an "agreement."
That is correct. As a Director you can only stick with one. I used to do Creative Memories. Too bad no one close to me sells it so I can continue to get that discount. I never made any real money there but it paid for my HABIT.

I love Creative memories. I'm doing a show for a consultant this month.

I am involved with Melaleuca. Mostly for the products.

My dh & I are with Livinity, but I'm dropping my name off so I can pursue directorship; he'll stay on.

I do PC and Longaberger. I love both but am the only PC consultant in my area and the are about 1 millon Longaberger consultants!!!!

I didn't realize there were so many DS companies out there. Some of the ones that were mentioned, I had to look up. My mom used to sell Beauty Control and I LOVED it b/c I got a lot of discounted stuff. Now, the tables are turned and she is enjoying the discounted PC stuff. ;)

I didn't realize how many were out there either, until recently. I just had a really bad experience with Mary Kay and was debating if I should sell it myself just for personal use and close friends. I love the product and don't feel the need to have to deal with a bad consultant. It just made me realize how much I love PC and that I never want to give my customers bad service.

I"ve been thinking of doing shaklee with my hubby since we really like the products, but I don't think I can handle two DS companies at once.

Christ Follower said:
I love Creative memories. I'm doing a show for a consultant this month.
Yeah, me too. I don't have time to scrap (would love to be that person who really gets into and does it well, but I'm not). I'm doing one for the custom framing...sounds really neat.

I am considering either Usborne books or Discovery Toys. Mostly for the discounts.

I do 3...PC, Wine Shop At Home and now Private Quarters. I am a party waiting to happen!

yummy4tummy said:
I do 3...PC, Wine Shop At Home and now Private Quarters. I am a party waiting to happen!
Wow!! Do you do well with all 3?

missyciccolella said:
Yeah, me too. I don't have time to scrap (would love to be that person who really gets into and does it well, but I'm not). I'm doing one for the custom framing...sounds really neat.

Yep. I haven't had time to scrap lately. I have about 5-6 unfinished albums right now.:cry:

missyciccolella said:
I just had a Custom Framing event about a week and a half ago. It went okay. I had a hard time getting people to come. It's quite pricey. Tomorrow I close it because we are waiting on someone to get around to ordereing her piece. I'm not sure what I've earned. I'll let you know. I'm bummed that there isn't any host special for August. I get 15% of sales, including what my piece costs. I think I'm at around $75. My piece costs about $125.

heather223 said:
I was wondering how many do more than just one direct selling business and if so which ones?

Oh, Please!! I can't even keep PC going...I can't imagine trying to do something else! LOL!!!

I just found a new product called Power-Pops that I love. It's an herbal appetitie suppresant lollipop that tastes good and actually seems to be workgin for me!

After I tried them I thought I would let people know about them and if they like them they could sign up at a discount like me or start a business.

Then I just got an e-mail saying that there is going to be a segment on Extra featuring Britney Spears and the product. Wish it was a little better spokesperson but she is using the product.

I signed up for the discount and maybe a little business to see how it goes. Hey - the weight is coming off and that is what I wanted. They have other products but this one is the one I am most interested in.

It's a fun side for my PC business

I would like more ideas for organizing two businesses though

Kathytnt said:
I just found a new product called Power-Pops that I love. It's an herbal appetitie suppresant lollipop that tastes good and actually seems to be workgin for me!

After I tried them I thought I would let people know about them and if they like them they could sign up at a discount like me or start a business.

Then I just got an e-mail saying that there is going to be a segment on Extra featuring Britney Spears and the product. Wish it was a little better spokesperson but she is using the product.

I signed up for the discount and maybe a little business to see how it goes. Hey - the weight is coming off and that is what I wanted. They have other products but this one is the one I am most interested in.

It's a fun side for my PC business

I would like more ideas for organizing two businesses though
How much have you lost and how many pops do you eat in a day?

I've considered Arbonne just for the discount but don't want to really sign a contract so I haven't yet.

I am going for an official WW weigh in tomorrow - In a week I have lost about 3 lbs on my home scale. I just found these pops a week and a half ago so my results are still in the making. I only purchased 6 to start. I immediately signed up for the wholesale discount which includes a replicated website. Then I immediately ordered 3 bags. Reminds me of the cereal commerical I WANT MY POPS

Just to test the waters I put a listing on Ebay because I am allowed to in this business. Set it up to close on Friday - Got home this evening and I already have a Buy it Now purchaser

The daily recommended amount of pops is 3 but I am not doing that many yet - I usually only do 1-2 a day. I find that it suppresses my appetite so much that I wouldn't eat anything if I had 3 a day and of course that is not good.

Please remember these are only my results. Everyone will have different results.

I have been advertsiing my second business on ebay (kathy942) and online - Someting I am allowed to do with business #2. Of course I am running into several people illegally promoting PC on the web. I am sending them one note and if I see them again I will report them.

It's not fair for the rest of to follow the rules and they don't

I know one lady won't stop - She has set up her on online party busines and then she can promote PC.

Hee Hee - I may sic the rath of the Cheffers on her LOL!

heat123 said:
I've considered Arbonne just for the discount but don't want to really sign a contract so I haven't yet.

Hey Heather....I did sign with Arbonne just for the discount. It is no big deal ...really. I was concerned ab at first but the discount makes it all worth it. My consultant knows that I am customer-consultant which is just fancy for someone who orders from her with the discount.

Actually....my entire cul-de-sac did it to get the discount!:D

If you have never heard of Uppercase Living you should check out their site. It is beautiful vinyl lettering and fancy prints for your walls. I am very addicted to the products and almost signed just for the personal discount a couple of months before I became a Director. Thank goodness I didn't. Actually I heard that you could sign with another DS company as long as it is only for personal use and your weren't actually doing shows, but I wouldn't try it until HO confirms that.

I ordered the one that says "Good Food, Good Friends" and put in on my PC Platter. It looks so pretty. I also ordered these little 3 inch Halloween prints to put on my white dessert plates (from my caddy). They can be peeled off when your done.

erinyourpclady said:
Hey Heather....I did sign with Arbonne just for the discount. It is no big deal ...really. I was concerned ab at first but the discount makes it all worth it. My consultant knows that I am customer-consultant which is just fancy for someone who orders from her with the discount.

Actually....my entire cul-de-sac did it to get the discount!:D
Yeah, I still think about it every now and then but just havent' gotten around to talking to my freind who introduced me to it. maybe one day I will jump the gun!?

pamperedposey said:
If you have never heard of Uppercase Living you should check out their site. It is beautiful vinyl lettering and fancy prints for your walls. I am very addicted to the products and almost signed just for the personal discount a couple of months before I became a Director. Thank goodness I didn't. Actually I heard that you could sign with another DS company as long as it is only for personal use and your weren't actually doing shows, but I wouldn't try it until HO confirms that.

I ordered the one that says "Good Food, Good Friends" and put in on my PC Platter. It looks so pretty. I also ordered these little 3 inch Halloween prints to put on my white dessert plates (from my caddy). They can be peeled off when your done.

I love them too:D I hosted a show; that was the first successful non-PC show I've ever hosted, lol! DH doesn't get it though; he was asking why I was putting stickers up in every room! I get compliments on it all.

lacychef said:
I love them too:D I hosted a show; that was the first successful non-PC show I've ever hosted, lol! DH doesn't get it though; he was asking why I was putting stickers up in every room! I get compliments on it all.

My sister was going to order some from the show I hosted and her husband said "Ok so were going to have writing all over our wall??" He didn't see the beauty in it either! Men :yuck: Just kidding :D

pamperedposey said:
My sister was going to order some from the show I hosted and her husband said "Ok so were going to have writing all over our wall??" He didn't see the beauty in it either! Men :yuck: Just kidding :D

Thats funny because when I had my party my husband wanted to put tons of them in our house! I only settled for a few and got the rest for gifts but if he had it his way! haha!

I have to try to limit myself to one per room. It's really hard. I just have to tell myself that every year or so I will just pull them down and start over. :blushing:

What is direct selling?

Direct selling is a business model where products or services are sold directly to consumers through independent salespeople, without the need for a physical retail location. This can include door-to-door sales, party plans, and online sales.

How many direct selling businesses can a person do?

There is no limit to the number of direct selling businesses a person can do. Some individuals may choose to focus on one business, while others may have multiple businesses in different industries.

What are the benefits of doing multiple direct selling businesses?

The benefits of doing multiple direct selling businesses include diversifying income streams, expanding customer reach, and gaining experience in different industries. It also allows individuals to take advantage of different compensation plans and product offerings.

Which industries are popular for direct selling businesses?

The most popular industries for direct selling businesses include health and wellness, beauty and skincare, home goods and decor, and kitchen and cookware. However, there are direct selling opportunities in almost every industry.

Are there any downsides to doing multiple direct selling businesses?

Some potential downsides to doing multiple direct selling businesses include the need to manage multiple business operations and the potential for conflicts of interest if selling similar products. It is important to carefully consider time and resources before taking on multiple businesses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
slhalepc
Replies
Views
leslieprichett
  • Poll
  • PChefPEI
  • General Chat
Replies
Views