• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Expert Tips for a Successful Website Launch | New Business Owner Seeks Advice"

In summary, Jane is trying to set up her own business and is having trouble with the company she works for. They won't let her use her own debit card, and she is worried that she won't be able to continue with the business.
Lifeat50
I am brand new to the business. I have my first cooking show this afternoon and I just opened a website last night. I stuck some things on the website but really was just shootin' in the dark. Give me some suggestions of what works best! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Most of us have our websites listed in our signatures. For instance, mine is /rae. All you have to do is put the pamperedchef.biz in front. We post them this way to avoid breaking the PC rules against creating a link to our websites.I'd suggest checking out a few. That's where many of us get our ideas.

Thanks Raebates!! I thought of that but I didn't know how to find other websites!!

Definitely check out other websites, and here are a few ideas I picked up from a training CD from one of the conferences. I have to admit, I don't always do these or I'm rotating information around. I try to update my website the 1st of the month, but life also happens and it gets tossed by the wayside sometimes. ;)

1. Show recipes...after you've made the recipe, tell the guests they can find it on your website. Great way to bring them there!
2. How the find the outlet...again, tell everyone the outlet is there, and the directions on how to find are there as well.
3. Upcoming specials, and I try to put my available show dates for those months...just in case! You never know who will look and then book!
4. Your story if you want or other info about the biz opportunity - especially signing specials!
5. Seasonal tips and ideas especially when related to our products! You can find a lot this on various non PC websites. Give credit where due (like for an article about how to cook asparagus, or why to rinse your lettuce well), but I try to put blurbs about fresh produce in the Spring/Summer, soups for the colder months, etc. Just cut & paste to make life easier.
6. Incentive Trip info...I put this up in Jan (or when we find out) on the calendar and leave it up all year.
7. The calendar can be used for other topics than just the calendar...great for seasonal tips too.
8. Customer ideas for "out of the box" ideas on ways to use our products.
9. I also try to save everything not from PC in Word before I post it...mainly for spelling and grammar, and I date it so I can look back and see what was there a year ago. This will come in handy next April when looking for something seasonal to put on the website.;)
10. Another reason to save info in Word (or other programs) is you can be "logged out" of the website if you're on it too long without being active (while reviewing what you have written or searching for info). I learned that one the hard way. :cry:
11. Theme show ideas (either your own or from PC)

Good luck, and I know I've left out a bunch of ideas, but I hope this will help to get you started.

Wow! Thanks for all the hints and ideas, Missy!!! :)

Thanks Missy. These are really good ideas

No problem...I know there are tons of different ideas/tips out there, but these were just a few on the tip of my tongue or should I say fingers? LOL

Does anyone know why they won't let my new Recruit "purchase" her PWS with her own debit card? They have refused to let her do it and she now is almost ready not to try to do anything! ARGH! She commutes from Cleveland, TN to Atlanta, GA for 3-4 days a week, so this PWS is essential to her business. I have offered to pay for it with my PC debit card and let her pay me the money if it will help to get it going for her. She was very gungho about doing this in 30 days and now has lost her enthusiasm! She had this problem last Monday but I didn't find out it didn't work after she called HO until today!

Jane - it's probably b/c they don't want people just doing this as an online-business only. She needs to pay with a credit card until she qualifies. They don't want kitnappers, and they don't want websites out there for a year and the person isn't doing shows, just taking online orders. I would call HO and find out the deal from them for sure, though.

She used to be a PC Consultant and was waiting to get back in at a good time. She now has to have knee surgery on May 22nd so she wants all this going well so she can do it online during her recovery. I know she will be good because a month before she signed, she sent out emails to friends saying she was going back into PC!

I don't know why they require either a PC Debit card or a PC credit card but they do. I went ahead and applied for both on the 15th and received them on the 28th. I immediately opened my website. I would just encourage your new consultant to apply for one or both!

Also, she can absolutely call finance 2 or 3 days after applying for the debit card to get the number. At least that's what I did when I was anxious to set up my website.

Related to Expert Tips for a Successful Website Launch | New Business Owner Seeks Advice"

1. What is the purpose of the "Help Me With Website!" feature?

The "Help Me With Website!" feature is designed to assist customers with any issues or questions they may have while navigating our website. It is a resource for troubleshooting, finding information, and getting support for any problems that may arise.

2. How do I access the "Help Me With Website!" feature?

You can access the "Help Me With Website!" feature by clicking on the "Help" button located at the top right corner of the website. This will bring you to a page with various resources and options for assistance.

3. Can I get help with my online order through the "Help Me With Website!" feature?

Yes, the "Help Me With Website!" feature includes a section specifically for online orders. You can find information on order status, tracking, and returns. If you need further assistance, you can also contact our customer service team through this feature.

4. Are there any tutorials or guides available through the "Help Me With Website!" feature?

Yes, the "Help Me With Website!" feature offers a variety of tutorials and guides to help you navigate our website. From how-to videos to step-by-step guides, we have resources to help you get the most out of your online shopping experience.

5. Can I give feedback or suggestions through the "Help Me With Website!" feature?

Yes, the "Help Me With Website!" feature includes a feedback form where you can submit any suggestions or comments you have about our website. We value your feedback and use it to continually improve our website for a better shopping experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefShalon
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
2 3 4
Replies
Views
Becca_in_MD
  • Bexamo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Bexamo