• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Endorsing Checks - What You Need to Know

In summary, Teresa says that she signs her checks, and does not use a stamp. Her bank does not require an endorsement, just a deposit slip.
tinat51796
This is probably a dumb question but do you guys use a stamp to endorse your checks or do you sign each one individually? If you have a stamp where did you get it? Can I just order a stamp from vista and have it say "for deposit only, my name and my account number"?

First of all - on here there aren't any dumb questions

and

I sign my checks - no stampers

:chef:

Thanks Teresa! I'm just looking for ways to cut time and I thought a stamp might help....I could have DH do it while he watches tv. :)

I used to have a stamp but I just changed banks and haven't gotten a new one yet so I had to hand endorse all mine last weekend. D'oh! Call your bank--they'll tell you what it needs to say.

Stamp my checks.

I got a stamp from Vista - it is very small too! I stamp most of the time, but if I have just a few checks I tend to sign them.

LOVE my stamp! I actually ordered deposit slips too. Helps me keep track of everything better. I love it! I watch for the deals in my "Val-Pack" coupons or adds I get in the mail.

I sign my checks - I don't want to spend the $ on a stamp

I used to stamp "for deposit only" on my checks but my bank said I HAD to sign them too.

My bank is fine with a stamp of "For Deposit Only" or even have it hand written. Some banks don't even look at the endorsement, especially if there are a lot of checks. You may ask your bank what they prefer but you can find a "For Deposit Only" stamper at most office supply stores (that's where I got mine). If your bank requires the acct number then you can order a stamper from most office supply stores as well as companies that sell checks or printing stores.

My bank has a stamp that they will let me use if it's over 10 checks. One time the gal told me just to sign one check :eek: I usually just sign them. It doesn't take that long.

I stamp mine. I got my stamp from VistaPrint.com (free) and it only says "For Deposit Only" and my account number. I was doing it by hand at first, but when I was doing 9-12 shows per month, with high attendance at each show, the sheer number of checks was overwhelming. So I got the stamp. Much easier. Even though mine was free, I still had to pay shipping on it, so it cost me like $7 or something. If you do a lot of shows, it is definitely worth the small cost. For hobbyists, I can't imagine it would matter much to sign the checks by hand.

Many banks will not accept "For Deposit Only" as the only thing on the check. It needs to have an endorsement (signature) along with it.

For me, I don't have too many that I can't just sign them...

My bank is OK with the stamp that I have. It says for deposit only, my name, and my account number.

I found that signing 10-15 checks per show adds up to a waste of my time.

From what others are posting, I would check with your bank before you pay for a stamp.

I think I got mine really cheap through VistaPrint or RubberStampMan.com

I ordered a stamp directly from my bank so I knew they had exactly the info they wanted...it only cost me $11...and I would NEVER go back to signing all those checks! :) My hands get too sore too easy...they are more used to typing :D

I don't do anything to my checks. I simply tally them up, put them in the envelope, and away they go!

:eek: Sign them myself - Helps me remember my name and account number!!!

I ordered a stamp from our local business supply store. It's the same stamp I use to stamp my catalogs. My bank doesn't require an acct # on the check, just the deposit slip.

I just deposit mine without signature or stamp. BofA has a new thing at one of the ATMs in my area where you don't even need an envelope anymore. You simply put the check into the slot and it reads the check and knows how much it is written for. it is so cool and easy

In also have a stamp. I love it. I just keep my bank bag with all of my stuff in one place. Stamp, calculator, deposit slips, pens and then my reciepts I got from the bank.

Hmm I rarely get checks, when people check out I ask credit or debit? only on outside orders do I get checks, on my OOF"s I took off the part about accepting checks.

jmo

I hand signed all mine till I got a Free business checking at Washington Mutual and they sent me the stamper. So much easier now.

allisonserna said:
Hmm I rarely get checks, when people check out I ask credit or debit? only on outside orders do I get checks, on my OOF"s I took off the part about accepting checks.

jmo

This may have something to do with where you live.....I rarely get CC or DC's - almost all of my business is checks and cash.

What is endorsing a check?

Endorsing a check is the process of signing the back of a check in order to transfer the ownership of the check to someone else. This signature is also known as an endorsement and it allows the payee to deposit or cash the check.

Do I need to endorse a check?

Yes, it is important to endorse a check before depositing or cashing it. Without your endorsement, the bank may not accept the check for deposit or may require you to visit a branch in person to complete the endorsement.

How do I endorse a check?

To endorse a check, simply flip it over and sign your name on the back of the check in the designated area. Some checks may also require additional information such as your account number or the date of the deposit.

What if I make a mistake while endorsing a check?

If you make a mistake while endorsing a check, do not cross out or scribble over your signature. Instead, write "void" across the entire back of the check and then sign again in the correct spot. This will ensure that your check is not accidentally deposited or cashed.

Can I endorse a check over to someone else?

Yes, you can endorse a check over to someone else by signing your name on the back of the check and writing "pay to the order of [person's name]" below your signature. This is known as a third-party endorsement and allows the person you are endorsing the check to, to deposit or cash it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
caraighan
  • melaniepc
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • smspamperedchef