• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Encouraging Consultants to Attend Meetings

value is offered to consultants through the various events & incentive programs offered (foodfest, etc).
goldwhisk
Hi! I'm looking for information/ideas to motivate and intice my cluster to attend the monthly meetings. I've tried incentives like fun gifts, meals, on-time drawing prizes. I'm tried spouting off the stats like how much more successful consultants that attend meetings are. Right now I'm having a hard time getting consultants to respond to phone calls/e-mails/postcards...I'm certain there must be something I'm doing wrong, as my cluster has gone from 13 down to 5 (ack! My position hangs on this number! :eek: ). Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks! Kate

Kate Stoddard
[email protected]

Hi Kate...I read your post yesterday and thought about it all day. I was thinking that maybe it would be helpful to meet one-on-one with each of your downline. You could have them bring their monthly sales sheet from last year along with their calendar. I'd talk about goal setting and show them how to work backwards to reach their goals.

I was also thinking that once you had these one-on-one meetings, you could have a Season's Best Tasting meeting. Have everyone bring one recipe from the new Season's Best to taste and you demo one recipe that was not choosen. I know people come to see and taste new recipes and always like to see how someone else does their own show.

I would talk with your upline director and see what info they can offer. People need to know the value to their business to attend meetings. What value are you offering them?

Let us know how it all goes. GOOD LUCK!

We do this twice a year at the changeover and call it FoodFest! Always the highest attended meetings!

goldwhisk said:
Hi! I'm looking for information/ideas to motivate and intice my cluster to attend the monthly meetings. I've tried incentives like fun gifts, meals, on-time drawing prizes. I'm tried spouting off the stats like how much more successful consultants that attend meetings are. Right now I'm having a hard time getting consultants to respond to phone calls/e-mails/postcards...I'm certain there must be something I'm doing wrong, as my cluster has gone from 13 down to 5 (ack! My position hangs on this number! :eek: ). Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks! Kate

Kate Stoddard
[email protected]

Hi,
I have just completed my first year with Pampered Chef (still just a consultant) and was moved from your post to tell you that I have stopped going to my cluster meetings because I feel that it's catered to the newbies (getting them pumped up to do well for their superstarter months, etc.) and there isn't much in terms of promoting retention in consultants.

I like this forum a whole bunch b/c I read how others deal with & respond to a wide range of situations and I love the sharing of ideas & support. Of course, I don't know how you run your cluster meetings, so this is just my opinion, but perhaps you could incorporate some of these "value-added" elements that are present in this website?

One other question: Do you communicate (either via phone or email- seeing how they're doing or sending a tip you've learned) with your consultants at other times of the month? I know that it's hard to keep up with other people, I have a hard time keeping up with myself & my family...but, it may make a difference.

I hope this helped a little...
Sincerely,
Maria

Cluster Meetings
MSmith said:
Hi,
I have just completed my first year with Pampered Chef (still just a consultant) and was moved from your post to tell you that I have stopped going to my cluster meetings because I feel that it's catered to the newbies (getting them pumped up to do well for their superstarter months, etc.) and there isn't much in terms of promoting retention in consultants.

I like this forum a whole bunch b/c I read how others deal with & respond to a wide range of situations and I love the sharing of ideas & support. Of course, I don't know how you run your cluster meetings, so this is just my opinion, but perhaps you could incorporate some of these "value-added" elements that are present in this website?

One other question: Do you communicate (either via phone or email- seeing how they're doing or sending a tip you've learned) with your consultants at other times of the month? I know that it's hard to keep up with other people, I have a hard time keeping up with myself & my family...but, it may make a difference.

I hope this helped a little...
Sincerely,
Maria
I think it's the responsibility of the Director to be sure that the meeting is meaningful to ALL team members! My director always had the more seasoned consultants take part in the meetings by helping with different parts of the agenda - teaching always helped me learn and keep enthusiastic about things.

I have a very new group but I do have a few that are more experienced so I do the same with them - we plan the meeting together and I stress how needed they and their experience are. I also ask them what THEY want from the meeting too (Meg did this too. ;)

I'd suggest you consider going back to meetings and help those new people out by sharing your knowledge. Brainstorm with your director about how the meeting can evolve to help everyone! We all need reminders and refreshing so training at a higher level is important. New consultant training should be somewhat separate in my opinion...

I do enjoy going to meetings not just for what my director has for us to learn but also to talk to the other consultants who have been with pampered chef for awhile. Sometimes I learn more from them than the directors. :p Something my director has just started doing to help us with our business is challenge us to make at least one call a day for 5 days. Then we have to e-mail her with who we called and why. Now she has upped it to 7 and she is going to keep upping the number til we are making 5 calls a day. She also recentely called all of us and had us take a survey of how much we are learning from the meetings and what we would like to learn in the future in meetings. There were other questions too about our personal goals and how we would rate ourselves as consultants. These are just some ideas that my director is doing...

My hospitality director has a separate training time for Super Starters....an hour before the meeting. During training time, those of us that want to be directors and are close, help out with the training. Everyone can sign up to do different parts of the meeting so it's not just one person doing all the work or talking.

1. What is the importance of attending meetings as a consultant?

Attending meetings as a consultant is crucial for several reasons. Firstly, it allows you to stay updated on the latest products, promotions, and sales techniques. It also provides an opportunity to network and build relationships with other consultants, which can lead to potential referrals and collaborations. Additionally, attending meetings shows your commitment to the company and can contribute to your overall success as a consultant.

2. How often are meetings held for consultants?

Meetings for consultants are typically held once a month, but this may vary depending on the region or team. It is important to check with your team leader or regional manager for specific meeting schedules.

3. Are there any benefits to attending meetings as a consultant?

Yes, there are several benefits to attending meetings as a consultant. Firstly, you have the opportunity to learn and improve your skills through training and workshops. You also have the chance to ask questions, share your own experiences, and learn from the experiences of others. Moreover, attending meetings can also lead to recognition and incentives from the company.

4. Can I attend meetings remotely if I am unable to attend in person?

Yes, in most cases, virtual attendance options are available for consultants who are unable to attend meetings in person. This may include online webinars, conference calls, or video conferencing. It is important to communicate with your team leader or regional manager if you need to attend meetings remotely.

5. What should I do if I am unable to attend a meeting?

If you are unable to attend a meeting, it is important to inform your team leader or regional manager as soon as possible. They may be able to provide you with a recording of the meeting or any important updates that were discussed. It is also important to make an effort to catch up on any missed information and reach out to other consultants who attended the meeting for any important takeaways.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefjeanine
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • susanr613