• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effective Host Communication: Consider Adding Texting to Your Strategy

In summary, the speakers discuss the use of texting in their business, with some finding success in using it for communication with hosts and team members. They mention the convenience and effectiveness of texting, especially with younger consultants or busy moms. Some also mention asking for permission before initiating text communication and the occasional challenge of not having contact information for a text sender. Overall, the speakers emphasize the importance of finding what works best for each customer and host.
nancycookspc
Gold Member
I do not have text on my phone-

contract up in 2 days...I am thinking about adding texting.

Do you communicate w/ your hosts/guests/contact this way??

Only if they initiate it - and, so far, none have. I do use text to keep in contact with my team, though.

I have several hosts/guests that love text and email. I did an $600 catalog show all by text! I guess it depends on the person/host/guest.

Absolutely!! Some of my best shows have been with text only hosts. It will also come in handy when recruiting younger consultants. Now I text everyone.

Yep, I sure do!!

Love testing hosts and team...have had lots more success with texting than email...

Last edited:
a few of my hosts do who for some reason are "afraid" of answering the phone. It feels like it anyways! I do send team text messages out and it's great for quick responses for team meetings, or for them to not forget something, etc.

I don't have a texting plan - but am seriously considering getting one. I have 4 consultants in their early 20's, and they mostly just text. I have a hard time reaching them by phone or email. They try to humor me, but I know they wish I'd just text them.:rolleyes:

YES! Have an amazing host (was a HO lead) that did 3 shows totaling over $2,000 in one month! There was a lot of texting involved!!
LOVE texting with my team as well!! Like tonight when I am waiting on 6 to submit shows!! :)

alrightly...I guess I will get with the times and get a text plan & phone.....

Same here, I have alot of hosts who will text me, I'm pretty much like the person stated above, I don't initiate it, but when I ask if they check email often for communication, prefer phone, etc, I do tell them they can text me at any time or add me as a friend on FB and get in touch w/ me that way...regular phone calls almost seem archaic nowadays! :)

I only do so if they tell me it's ok or if they text me first. However, when you text, make sure that you have their number in your phone or on your person at all times. I got a text the other day from someone inviting me to a scentsy party. Not sure who it was from as I recently changed phones & my pc crashed so I didn't have contact info. Had no idea who the text was from & the person didn't use their name... :(

yes, I just closed a show via text tonight. I have also been host coaching via text with another gal. I text with my friends a lot cuz we are all moms with young kids and sometimes it's hard to find the time and quiet to actually talk!

I find that many of my younger hosts prefer texting. I'm a big believer that you do what works best for your customer/host.

VERY rarely. I'm on a no text plan. But in the middle of the night I noticed my host had another half priced item, so I did go ahead and texted her.

Absolutely! I do ask before I text them though. The first contact is a call. I ask them do they text and most do. If they are a "little older" I'll still ask, but I won't be surprised if they say no. Some have surprised me and said "of course! don't you?" lol :)

Related to Effective Host Communication: Consider Adding Texting to Your Strategy

1. How do I text hosts through Pampered Chef?

To text hosts through Pampered Chef, go to your Virtual Office and click on "Hosts" on the left-hand side. From there, you can click on "Host List" and select the host you want to text. Then, click on the "Send Text" button to compose and send your message.

2. Can I send a group text to multiple hosts at once?

Yes, you can send a group text to multiple hosts at once. Simply select all the hosts you want to include in the group text by checking the boxes next to their names, and then click on the "Send Text" button. Your message will be sent to all selected hosts.

3. Is there a character limit for text messages to hosts?

Yes, there is a character limit of 160 characters for text messages to hosts. If your message exceeds this limit, it will be split into multiple messages.

4. How can I schedule a text message to be sent to hosts at a specific time?

To schedule a text message to be sent at a specific time, click on the "Send Text" button and then click on the calendar icon next to the "Send Date" field. Select the date and time you want the message to be sent and then click "Schedule". Your message will be sent at the designated time.

5. Can I track the delivery of my text messages to hosts?

Yes, you can track the delivery of your text messages to hosts. After sending a text, you will receive a notification when it has been successfully delivered. You can also view the delivery status of all your messages by going to the "Message History" section in your Virtual Office.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lkhartmann
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
msmileyface
  • heidabear
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • susanr613