• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Freezer Apple Pie Recipe: Cinnamon Plus Blend & Sugar Tip | Melissa Rivera

In summary, for the freezer apple pie recipe, it is best to use firm and tart fresh apples that are thinly sliced after being peeled and cored. The pie crust can be frozen for up to 2 months and the pie itself can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. It is not necessary to thaw the pie before baking and a store-bought crust can be used, although making your own is recommended for the best results.
mhrivera
A little while back I read a tip that used the Cinnamon Plus Blend with some sugar and apples, and you put it in the freezer until you want to make a pie. Does anyone know what I am talking about and could share the amounts for all the ingredients? Thanks! :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Melissa Rivera

Apple Pie Kit

Peel, core and slice 6 medium apples with Apple/Peeler/Corer/Slicer; then slice in half. toss apples with 1/2 - 3/4 cup sugar, 3 Tablespoons flour and 3/4 teaspoon Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend. Place in a resealable freezer bag and freeze. When ready to use, thaw apple mixture in refrigerator. Place thawed mixture in a ready to make pie crust and bake.

Thanks so much!

Melissa

Okay since we are on the subject of Apple Pie here. What apples are good for baking apple pies??? My husband has been after me to make an apple pie from scratch but I don't know what apples are the best for baking. I know they have certain ones that are for baking and stuff.

OH Kat!! I have the greatest apple chart EVER!!! I think I got it off here sometime last year. Thanks again to whoever posted it first!

Attachments

• apple chart.doc
    54 KB · Views: 483
Thanks!!I just added that Apple Kit recipe onto the Know your Apple document and will use it as a hand out this fall. Thanks so much!!

Lisa

chef_leeanne said:
OH Kat!! I have the greatest apple chart EVER!!! I think I got it off here sometime last year. Thanks again to whoever posted it first!

Thanks that helps out a lot!!! I'm gonna add the recipe to it and give it to a few of my customers that I know make a lot of Pies. Heck I'm gonna try it myself. :eek: LOL

Hi Melissa, I am also a Pampered Chef consultant and I am familiar with the tip you are referring to. The recipe is super easy and delicious! Here are the ingredients and measurements:
- 6 cups of thinly sliced apples
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of Cinnamon Plus Blend Instructions:
1. In a large bowl, mix together the sliced apples, sugar, and Cinnamon Plus Blend until the apples are evenly coated.
2. Transfer the mixture into a gallon-sized freezer bag and seal tightly.
3. Lay the bag flat in the freezer and freeze for at least 1 hour (or up to 3 months).
4. When ready to make the pie, preheat the oven to 375°F.
5. Pour the frozen apple mixture into a pie crust and top with another crust.
6. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
7. Let cool before serving. I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy baking! :)

1. How do I prepare the apples for the freezer apple pie recipe?

For best results, we recommend using fresh apples that are firm and tart. Peel and core the apples, then slice them thinly. You can also use an apple slicer to make the process easier.

2. Can I freeze the pie crust ahead of time?

Yes, you can freeze the pie crust for up to 2 months before using it for the freezer apple pie recipe. Make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or place it in a freezer bag to prevent freezer burn.

3. How long can I keep the freezer apple pie in the freezer?

The pie can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. After that, the quality may start to decline. Make sure to label the pie with the date before freezing.

4. Do I need to thaw the pie before baking?

No, you can bake the pie directly from the freezer. Just make sure to add an extra 10-15 minutes to the baking time to ensure the filling is cooked through.

5. Can I use a store-bought pie crust for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a pre-made pie crust for this recipe. However, we recommend making your own crust for the best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies
Views
MissChef
  • chefshawna
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies