• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sugar/Cinnamon Coated Pecan Recipe

In summary, there was a discussion about a friend who shared her delicious pecans but refused to give out the recipe. The ingredients mentioned were egg whites, cinnamon, salt, and sugar, but the amounts and baking instructions were not disclosed. Some suggested it could be the Harvest Spiced Nuts from the Delightful Desserts cookbook, while others shared their own recipes for pecans. There was also a debate about whether or not to trust the friend's recipe. Finally, there was a shared recipe for Sugar Coated Pecans that uses egg whites, sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
:mad: :confused: :mad: A friend of mine shared her yummy pecans with us at the park yesterday but refuses to cough up the recipe. She said it does use egg whites, cinnamon, salt (a tiny bit) and sugar...but wouldn't tell us the amounts. She said you bake them slowly but wouldn't say at what temp or for how long...ARGH...
anyone know???? :confused: :mad: :confused:

A REAL friend would share her recipe!!:rolleyes:

What is up with that? Why would someone do that?

Could it be the Harvest Spiced Nuts from the Delightful Desserts cookbook? It has pecan halves, egg white, brown sugar, and the Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend; no salt, though.

It is a delicious recipe!

I hate it when people do that!

Sounds like my step-mom's recipe....they are to die for!

Preheat oven to 250

Mix together:
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 teaspoon Salt
2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
2 Egg Whites - beat until frothy

Toss 1 pound of pecan halves into mixture, coat well. Spread them on a cookie sheet. Bake 1 hour, turn every 15 minutes.

Do you have to turn them every 15 minutes if your cooking them on the Bar Pan??

We have that recipe in I think all the best cookbook

She said there is no brown sugar...
ARGH!!

chefkristin said:
Do you have to turn them every 15 minutes if your cooking them on the Bar Pan??
I do not know. I've actually never made them, I just have her recipe.

dannyzmom said:
She said there is no brown sugar...
ARGH!!
Well, since she won't give you the recipe can you trust her to tell you the truth about the ingredients ;) ? This recipe is really good....maybe even better than hers :D .....wouldn't that just be fitting!?

pamperedlinda said:
Well, since she won't give you the recipe can you trust her to tell you the truth about the ingredients ;) ? This recipe is really good....maybe even better than hers :D .....wouldn't that just be fitting!?

Good point LInda - I am going to try your recipe!
Clarify for me please? Do I beat the eggs alone and then add teh dry ingredients or do I beat everything together & then add the nuts?

Carolyn,

You need to beat the eggs until they are 'frothy' (not stiff like a merangue - sp?) then add the other ingredients then mix in the nuts. I hope you like this recipe, I love it.

Here's my recipe. It is wonderful! I got it from a friend years ago.

Pecan Puffs

1 egg white
1/4 c. brown sugar, packed
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
pinch of salt
2 c. pecan halves

Beat egg white until stiff. Add brown sugar, soda, salt and tartar. Fold in pecans, being sure to coat each nut completely. Place in single layer on greased baking pan and bake at 250° for 35-40 minutes. Cool. Break apart.

I make them on the bar pan and I do not turn them during baking.

Yum! Sounds great for topping off salads or snacking on.

I can't imagine telling a friend that I wouldn't share a recipe... I'm always so happy when anyones asks for my recipes!

This is a recipe I got from a friend and I can't keep them in the house.

Sugar and Spice Pecans

4 C pecan halves
1/2 C Sugar
1 egg white
2 1/2 tsp water
1/2 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
Combine last six ingredients. Pour over pecan halves and mix well. Bake @ 275 degrees in an oiled 9x13 cake pan for 45 minutes to an hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Make sure these are done by letting one cool and then tasting. They will be crunchy, not chewy. Cool on wax paper

Last edited:
This one sounds good, Marissa. Bet we could use Cinnamon Plus instead of the allspice & cinnamon.

Marisa's recipe is similar to mine...and I *DO* substitute our Cinnamon Plus for the cinnamon...YUMMY!

Here is my recipe:

Sugar Coated Pecans
Submitted by: Carolyn
Rated: 5 out of 5 by 542 members Yields: 12 servings

"These slow-roasted whole pecans coated in an egg white and sugar glaze spiced with cinnamon make a wonderful snack for any occasion."
INGREDIENTS:
1 egg white
1 tablespoon water
1 pound pecan halves 1 cup white sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Grease one baking sheet.
2. In a mixing bowl, whip together the egg white and water until frothy. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
3. Add pecans to egg whites, stir to coat the nuts evenly. Remove the nuts, and toss them in the sugar mixture until coated. Spread the nuts out on the prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake at 250 degrees F (120 degrees C) for 1 hour. Stir every 15 minutes.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2007 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com 12/23/2007

KellyTheChef said:
Marisa's recipe is similar to mine...and I *DO* substitute our Cinnamon Plus for the cinnamon...YUMMY!

Here is my recipe:

Sugar Coated Pecans
Submitted by: Carolyn
Rated: 5 out of 5 by 542 members Yields: 12 servings

"These slow-roasted whole pecans coated in an egg white and sugar glaze spiced with cinnamon make a wonderful snack for any occasion."
INGREDIENTS:
1 egg white
1 tablespoon water
1 pound pecan halves 1 cup white sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Grease one baking sheet.
2. In a mixing bowl, whip together the egg white and water until frothy. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
3. Add pecans to egg whites, stir to coat the nuts evenly. Remove the nuts, and toss them in the sugar mixture until coated. Spread the nuts out on the prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake at 250 degrees F (120 degrees C) for 1 hour. Stir every 15 minutes.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2007 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com 12/23/2007

Well, I finally got my friend to cough up the recipe and the above one is it!
I threw them together in like 5 minutes today, tossed them in the oven & left DH to turn them every 15 minutes while I ran out to pick up the kids. They were great!! I used parchment on my stone rather than greasing it & they are DELISH!!!
Thanks everyone for your help!!!

Glad they worked out for you Carolyn...enjoy a few for me! I haven't made any of those yet this year!

The pecan recipe in the salad cookbook is soooo good!

KellyTheChef said:
Glad they worked out for you Carolyn...enjoy a few for me! I haven't made any of those yet this year!

OMG they are to DIE for!!!

Glad you got the recipe from her. I never did understand it when people won't give you a recipe.

1. How do I make the sugar/cinnamon coated pecans?

To make the sugar/cinnamon coated pecans, you will need pecans, sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Start by melting the butter in a pan over medium heat. Then, add the pecans and stir until they are coated in the butter. In a separate bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle the mixture over the pecans in the pan and continue to stir until the pecans are evenly coated. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, then remove from heat and let cool before serving.

2. Can I use a different type of nut for this recipe?

While this recipe specifically calls for pecans, you can certainly use a different type of nut if desired. Walnuts, almonds, or cashews would all work well with the sugar/cinnamon coating. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly, as different nuts may require more or less time to cook.

3. How should I store the sugar/cinnamon coated pecans?

Once the pecans have cooled completely, store them in an airtight container at room temperature. They will keep for about a week, but can also be stored in the fridge for longer shelf life. Just be sure to let them come to room temperature before serving.

4. Can I make this recipe in advance?

Yes, you can make the sugar/cinnamon coated pecans in advance. Just be sure to let them cool completely before storing them in an airtight container. You can also make the pecans a day or two ahead of time and then reheat them in the oven at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes before serving.

5. Can I add other flavors to the pecans?

Absolutely! While the sugar/cinnamon coating is a classic and delicious option, you can also experiment with adding other flavors to the pecans. Some ideas include adding a pinch of cayenne pepper for a spicy kick, or drizzling them with melted chocolate after they have been coated with the sugar and cinnamon mixture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jewls243
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
jewls243
  • LibrarianChef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
JAE
  • chefshawna