• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dupont and Epa Statement Release Info

In summary, there has been recent news about emissions from the manufacturing process of Teflon® at DuPont facilities. However, DuPont has pledged to eliminate these emissions by 2015 and has stated that Teflon® coated cookware is safe to use. Scientific testing has shown that PFOA is not released from Teflon® non-stick cookware even under extreme cooking conditions. Pampered Chef encourages customers to continue using their cookware with confidence and for more information, they can visit DuPont's website.
heat123
Silver Member
EXECUFLASH
One Pampered Chef Lane, Addison, IL 60101-5630

Dear Executive Director,

I would like to address an issue that has appeared in the news recently regarding an agent used in the manufacture of Teflon®. The issue raised in the media relates to emissions from the manufacturing process at DuPont facilities, not to products with a Teflon® coating, like cookware.

Earlier this week Dupont pledged its commitment to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to eliminate the emissions of perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) from its Teflon® manufacturing facilities by 2015. Yesterday it was reported by the Chicago Tribune and other news agencies that both the EPA and Dupont agreed that consumers who use cookware with Teflon® coating can be confident that the products are safe to use.

On its website, Dupont reports that rigorous scientific testing has shown that PFOA is not released from Teflon® non-stick cookware even under some extreme cooking conditions. According to DuPont, studies show that even when cookware coated with Teflon® was scratched with a knife, no PFOA was detected under typical consumer use conditions.

We encourage you and your customers to continue using Pampered Chef Cookware with confidence. If you have any questions or would like more information, please refer to DuPont's Web site @ www.DuPont.com or www.Teflon.com.

Please feel free to share this with your downlines.

Thank you,

Rich Hlava

Senior Vice President, Operations

Just thought I would share from my cluster group!

Heather,

I thought this was already posted...but who knows!! Great to know this information for anyone who missed the first post! :D

Last edited:
I re posted as a reply on products sectionsomeone had posted the news article so I wanted to attatch this reply to it! Sorry it's a duplicate but on a different thread.

TeflonThanks for posting this - I had not seen it. So are all the Pampered Chef pots/pans made with Teflon but just baked on instead of sprayed on? Every show I get this "so can you use sharp utensils on the cookware?" What is the answer? Thanks...BEE

Thank you too!Great info and better yet, the web addresses so our customers can see the info for themsleves! I have already gotten a few phone calls so the web addresses are going out tonight to my customers! YEAH! AND THANK YOU!!!

1. What is Dupont and EPA Statement Release Info?

Dupont and EPA Statement Release info refers to the official statements and information released by both Dupont and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regarding the company's operations and compliance with environmental regulations.

2. Why is Dupont and EPA Statement Release Info important?

This information is important because it provides transparency and accountability for Dupont's impact on the environment and its efforts to reduce any negative effects. It also ensures that Dupont is complying with all EPA regulations and laws.

3. Where can I find Dupont and EPA Statement Release Info?

Dupont and EPA Statement Release Info can be found on Dupont's official website, as well as on the EPA's website. It may also be available through news outlets or other sources reporting on Dupont's environmental practices.

4. What kind of information is included in Dupont and EPA Statement Release Info?

Dupont and EPA Statement Release Info typically includes updates on Dupont's environmental projects and initiatives, reports on any environmental incidents or violations, and details on the company's progress towards meeting environmental goals and regulations.

5. How often is Dupont and EPA Statement Release Info updated?

Dupont and EPA Statement Release Info is typically updated on an annual basis, but may be released more frequently if there are significant changes or updates to Dupont's environmental practices or regulations. It is important to check the date of the information to ensure it is the most current.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CrazyChef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
rennea
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lkprescott
  • Mr. Pampered Chef