1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Double Chocolate Mousse Cups

1. PamperedPeggy

PamperedPeggy Member

Does anyone know where you can buy the waffle cups in Canada? I live in a small town and haven't been able to find them in either of our grocery stores.

Mar 13, 2009
  2. Nfldfran

Nfldfran Member

I have not tried but are they available at Dairy Queen?

Mar 13, 2009
  3. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

Nope, not available at DQ. I tried that and our two grocery stores and Walmart as well
    :(

Are all Canadians having the same problem?

Mar 13, 2009
  4. Chef Gilles

Chef Gilles Member Gold Member

I have not purchased them yet but I have seen them at Costco in the past!!!

Mar 13, 2009
  5. RossDeb2

RossDeb2 Member Gold Member

I thought that I saw them in No Frills with the ice cream cones...you could also check Zehrs and Sobeys.

Mar 13, 2009
  6. Veevahchef

Veevahchef Director Silver Member

I saw them at the Superstore (loblaws)

Mar 14, 2009
  7. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I've had a hard time finding them here is PA. I found that Keebler makes just the right size that the recipe calls for--it took a couple stores to find them, and I got the last box on the shelf. Joy is the other brand I've seen, but they are larger than what's called for. But that's in the States, not sure if that is any help whatsoever for you guys. :blushing:

Mar 14, 2009
  8. kkimpinski

kkimpinski Member

I found them @ Wal-mart right next to the icecream toppings.

Mar 17, 2009
  9. jcsmilez

jcsmilez Advanced Member Gold Member

I've also found them at wal-mart (in the states). If you really can't find them, then you may consider trying to make your own. It takes a little away from the "fast" side of the recipe but it may add some excitement and show more products. I haven't tried them yet, but here are a couple recipes I found. The recipezaar one looks pretty simple and the prepbowls would make a perfect mold for them.

Epicurious.com
    Recipezaar.com

Mar 17, 2009
  10. JAE

JAE Legacy Member

The Double Chocolate Mousse Cups taste soooo good. Can't help you with where to buy them, but I'd highly recommend finding those cups. Otherwise, the filling is probably good alone, too. :)

Mar 17, 2009
  11. ChefEsther

ChefEsther Member Gold Member

Peggy, I found them at Walmart in Hanover - small enough town. 3.97 a box of ten, right beside the dulce de leche in the dessert/ice cream topping section.

Mar 23, 2009
  12. I saw some at Walmart as well in Guelph, On.

Mar 23, 2009
  13. Fluffy215

Fluffy215 Member Gold Member

Not to hijack but I got excited when I saw Guelph LOL I lived there for one year back in 2002-2003 :) Just brought back memories. Sorry, we now continue with our regularly scheduled program :)

Mar 23, 2009
  14. PamperedPeggy

PamperedPeggy Member

Thanks, Esther, and everyone else who replied. I found some at Wal-mart, in Hanover, this week too. Now, I'm anxious to try the recipe.

15. pamperedpatty

pamperedpatty Novice Member

Hi there,

I found mine at Metro here in Quebec, but if these are not available you can try belgian waffles, or just plain eggo waffles. It's not a cup but it would have the same effect. You can toast them on the barpan, showing stoneware.

I have made them and tried to add other products, like the microplaner. To sprinkle chocolate over the tops, the easy accent decorator, put all the filling in there using the small scraper.

I sold three of the decorators at my last party. You can also use bananas, different fruits...
    lots of ideas for this recipe.

16. peichef

peichef Veteran Member

I've bought them at superstore & I think I have seen them at Sobey's as well.

Mar 26, 2009
Have something to add?