• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Don't Try This With Your Coarse Micro Plane

In summary, a coarse micro plane is a kitchen tool used for grating and shredding ingredients such as cheese, vegetables, and citrus zest. It has ultra-sharp blades that should not be used for grating hard spices or shaving chocolate blocks, as this can damage the blades and potentially cause injury. However, it can be safely used for grating garlic, ginger, and hard cheeses if caution is taken and the proper techniques are used. To clean and maintain a coarse micro plane, it is recommended to hand wash it immediately after use and store it in a safe place. It should only be used on food and not on non-food items to maintain its effectiveness.
mspibb
Gold Member
So I was grating cheddar cheese for our tacos and the block of cheese broke. Now I have 2 holes the size of the grater bumps! Man does it hurt! No I wasn't using the food holder. I put the rest of the pieces in my old style favorite cheese grater and finished it. Ouch! :thumbdown::cry:

:( Sorry!

Wow! Sorry that happened- hope you're a quick healer!

1. What is a coarse micro plane and why should I not try certain things with it?

A coarse micro plane is a kitchen tool used for grating and shredding ingredients such as cheese, vegetables, and citrus zest. It has ultra-sharp blades that are not suitable for certain tasks, such as grating hard spices or shaving chocolate blocks. Trying to use it for these purposes can damage the blades and potentially injure you.

2. Can I use a coarse micro plane to grate garlic or ginger?

Yes, you can use a coarse micro plane to grate garlic or ginger. However, it is important to use caution and go slowly to avoid damaging the blades. It is also recommended to use the protective cover or a cut-resistant glove to protect your hands.

3. How do I clean and maintain my coarse micro plane?

To clean your coarse micro plane, simply rinse it with warm water and use a brush or sponge to remove any stuck-on food particles. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials as they can damage the blades. To maintain the sharpness of the blades, it is recommended to hand wash and dry the micro plane immediately after use and store it in a safe place.

4. Can I use a coarse micro plane on non-food items?

No, a coarse micro plane is intended for use on food only. Using it on non-food items can dull the blades and make it less effective for food preparation.

5. Is it safe to use a coarse micro plane for grating hard cheeses?

Yes, a coarse micro plane is safe and effective for grating hard cheeses such as Parmesan, Romano, or Asiago. However, it is important to use the proper technique and go slowly to avoid damaging the blades. It is also recommended to use the protective cover or a cut-resistant glove to protect your hands.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76