• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does Pampered Chef Provide an Official Paper for the Exact Amount I Made?

In summary, PC will send you a form 1099-Misc if you have made $400 or more. This form will also include any income earned for free. It is recommended to set aside 25-30% of your income for taxes, but it is best to consult with a tax expert for an accurate estimate. It is important to show a profit after 3 years of business to avoid being considered a hobby by the IRS. The form 10-99 can be accessed on Consultant's Corner under Financial Forms & Requests - Tax Information.
ChefMary412
Does PC send us a form with the exact amount we made? or is it something we have to do on our own. I know the number. I was just wondering if there is an official paper.

PC will send you a form 1099-Misc if you have made $400 or more.

................thanks!!!

You're welcome. If you earned anything for free it will also be on the 1099-Misc. as income. My accountant usually just writes it off as going toward my kit for demos, no taxes owed.:)

It's $400? I thought it was more than that before the 1099 came out. Someone else said it was higher on another thread when we were discussing Unemployment with PC.

I'm almost positive that it's a minimum of $600

I'm new to PC, I was wondering if anyone knew approximately what percentage of our income I should keep aside for taxes.

I was told that you shouldn't owe, but that you should have enough deductions to make up the difference. :)

Mel92504 said:
I'm new to PC, I was wondering if anyone knew approximately what percentage of our income I should keep aside for taxes.

In my opinion you're safe with setting aside 25-30%. You should adjust accordingly based upon if you have another job, what your withholdings are etc. Best to have a tax expert review your status and give you a better idea but in my own little world, I set aside 25% one month and 30% another. I figure I withhold too much but that's a savings plan in my mind. Just my two cents.

I am pretty sure it is 600 also, unless something has changed.

cookingwithdot said:
I was told that you shouldn't owe, but that you should have enough deductions to make up the difference. :)

You can show a loss for 3 years. But if you don't show a profit after 3 years the IRS considers it a "hobby" and you can't claim it anymore.

This is great information especially for a new consultant. Thank you so much for sharing.

PamperedchefDaly said:
You can show a loss for 3 years. But if you don't show a profit after 3 years the IRS considers it a "hobby" and you can't claim it anymore.

That's what I've heard too. I'm into my 4th year now, so I guess I should show a profit. Last year I broke even :D

It's not up on Consultant's Corner yet, it's still too early ... but will eventually be posted for you to look at it: My 10-99You can get there by going to: Consultant's Corner - Managing Your Business - Financial Forms & Requests - Tax Information - My 10-99

Related to Does Pampered Chef Provide an Official Paper for the Exact Amount I Made?

1. What is an official paper from Pampered Chef?

An official paper from Pampered Chef is a document that verifies the exact amount of money you have earned through sales and commissions as a consultant for the company.

2. How can I obtain an official paper from Pampered Chef?

You can request an official paper from Pampered Chef by contacting their customer service team or your direct upline consultant. They will be able to provide you with the necessary documents and information needed to obtain the official paper.

3. Is there a fee for receiving an official paper from Pampered Chef?

No, there is no fee for receiving an official paper from Pampered Chef. However, if you need the document to be notarized or mailed to you, there may be associated fees.

4. How long does it take to receive an official paper from Pampered Chef?

The time it takes to receive an official paper from Pampered Chef may vary. It could take a few days to a few weeks, depending on the processing time and any additional steps needed, such as notarization or mailing.

5. Can I request an official paper from Pampered Chef for a specific time period?

Yes, you can request an official paper from Pampered Chef for a specific time period, such as a month or a year. However, you may need to provide additional information or documentation to verify the exact amount you made during that time period.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
pcsharon1