• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do I Need an EIN Number for My Business?

In summary, an EIN number, also known as an Employer Identification Number, is a unique nine-digit number assigned by the IRS to identify your business for tax purposes. You will need an EIN number if your business has employees, operates as a partnership or corporation, or files certain tax returns. You can apply for an EIN number for free through the IRS website or by mail/fax. Sole proprietorships without employees can use their personal social security number, but it is recommended to obtain an EIN for privacy and security reasons. EINs do not expire and do not need to be renewed, but may need to be applied for again if there are changes in business structure or ownership.
esavvymom
Staff member
My DH did our taxes this weekend. He uses Turbo Tax (as we have for 10 yrs). He said it kept asking for an EIN number for my Pampered Chef stuff. It wouldn't let or didn't want him using my SS#. He was able to move through without it, but obviously, we don't want to skip something we should have and then get flagged for an audit or something.

Does anyone else use or have to get an EIN for their business? (For those who don't know what that is- Employer Identification Number.)

Thanks. I told him I'd check on here with you guys. :)

EIN numbers are only needed for businesses that hire employees. Your SS# is what you use for being an independent contractor.

Last edited:
That's what we thought too. The program just kept suggesting he NOT using the SS#. Thanks.

1. What is an EIN number?

An EIN number, also known as an Employer Identification Number, is a unique nine-digit number assigned by the IRS to identify your business for tax purposes.

2. Do I need an EIN number for my business?

If your business has employees, operates as a partnership or corporation, or files certain tax returns, you will need an EIN number. Sole proprietorships without employees are not required to have an EIN, but it is still recommended.

3. How do I apply for an EIN number?

You can apply for an EIN number for free through the IRS website by filling out an online application. You can also apply by mail or fax by completing Form SS-4.

4. Can I use my personal social security number instead of an EIN number?

If you are a sole proprietor without employees, you can use your personal social security number for business tax purposes. However, it is recommended to obtain an EIN for privacy and security reasons.

5. Do I need to renew my EIN number?

No, EINs do not expire and do not need to be renewed. However, if your business structure or ownership changes, you may need to apply for a new EIN.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithdot
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
mrshamel3808
  • jtjacaldwell
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
smw
  • pchefinski