• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does Anyone Have a Red Hat Society Theme

In summary, a Red Hat Society meeting with Michelle can be a great way to get her ideas on how to get ladies of a similar age group interested in the PC kitchen. She recommends starting introductions by telling them how you operate and what you do, then giving them advice on baking with stones instead of their regular bakeware, or the ease and speed of cooking with the tools. She also suggests playing a game with the ladies and giving them bonus points for owning more hats, or wearing red underwear. With her experience and knowledge of the PC kitchen, Michelle can help these ladies have a great time in the kitchen and learn some new tips.
Michelle K
Hi I have someone that wants me to come do a demo at her Red Hat Society meeting. These ladies are really fun BUT they all have to be over 40 to be in it and I need ideas on how to get them to have interest in the PC since most of them do not cook anymore. I thought maybe someone out there would have some ideas. Thanks for your help.

Michelle

Simple Additions - perfect for those that don't cook, but get together with groups and entertain.

When I have a show with that age group, I always start the introductions by telling them..."Now, I told you a little bit about myself. What I'd like to do is just go around the room and have ya'll answer a couple of questions so that I can get to know you. So let's go around the room and tell me your name, your age, and how much you weight".
(You're guaranteed a cackle with that age group and a few funny looks.) Then say..."Seriously, if you'll give us your name, how you know [Host], and your favorite Pampered Chef product!"

Also, you might want to bake a cake in advance in the Batter Bowl (ooh, a RED velvet to go with the theme). Place the cake on the Round Platter that will be discontinued, or large simple additions. Using the EAD, frost the cake as a top of the hat, and frost part of the platter as the brim of the hat. You can even stick an edible flower in the hat. You can also build up the brim of the hat using 20# cardstock (cut to form) and frost it. BE CREATIVE!

HTH,
Rita

Re: Red Hat
Michelle K said:
Hi I have someone that wants me to come do a demo at her Red Hat Society meeting. These ladies are really fun BUT they all have to be over 40 to be in it and I need ideas on how to get them to have interest in the PC since most of them do not cook anymore. I thought maybe someone out there would have some ideas. Thanks for your help.

Michelle
Do not cook anymore??? I'm a Red Hat member, and a PC kitchen consultant, and it seems to me that I'm always cooking for my husband, my kids, my grandkids. Not as much as I used to, but we still have to eat. Let them know the benefits of baking with stones instead of their regular bakeware, the easy fast cleanup with the stones and the cookware, how these tools make cooking quicker and faster. People our age have places to go and things to do, and, just like you younger girls, we don't want to spend any more time in the kitchen than we have to. Make a game, give them extra points if they own more than one hat (most of us do), or if they have red underwear to match their hat.

The red hat cake is a great idea.

I just wanted to let you know that I recently had a show for a lady and her friends who are all Red Hatters and it was a great show!!!! It was almost $800.00. They all love Pampered Chef and most said they still cook. Hope that your show will be a good one. Never assume ;)

Thanks for all the great ideas. I really like the hat idea. I don't want anyone to be offended it's just the hostess has already told me that she thinks most of these women do not really cook much anymore they do have to carry alot of potluck or covered dishes because alot of them are in a square dance club. The hostess was hinting that she wants me to prepare something really good to eat and was thinking it would be cool if I had some games or something to entertain these ladies. Did I mention I know most of these ladies and the hostess is my Mom! So she is really playing me up and I don't want to let her down :confused: I really need bookings off this show. It will be in Sept. Thanks Michelle

You had mentioned alot of the ladies are always taking covered dishes to potlucks and such. Well the new stoneware tote coming out in September might be a good idea for them. Also maybe the chilzanne rectangular server for taking veggies, fruit, or deviled eggs to potlucks. Actually any of the chilzanne pieces might work well for them. You might show or tell them how to do the microwave cakes. Its a fast and easy cake to make for a potluck. Maybe go through the catalogue before your show and highlight items you think might work well for them and ideas on how they could use them.

Thanks for your ideas I will give them a try.
Michelle

1. What is the Red Hat Society theme?

The Red Hat Society theme is a playful and fun theme centered around the idea of women embracing their age and enjoying life to the fullest. It is inspired by the poem "Warning" by Jenny Joseph, which begins with the famous line, "When I am an old woman I shall wear purple, With a red hat which doesn't go and doesn't suit me." The society encourages women over the age of 50 to come together and celebrate their friendship and sisterhood.

2. How can I incorporate the Red Hat Society theme into my Pampered Chef party?

There are many ways to incorporate the Red Hat Society theme into your Pampered Chef party. You can serve purple and red themed snacks and drinks, use red and purple decorations, and encourage guests to wear red hats or purple clothing. You can also play fun games and activities that embrace the spirit of the Red Hat Society, such as a "purple passion" recipe challenge or a "royal tea" tasting station.

3. Do I need to be a member of the Red Hat Society to have this theme for my Pampered Chef party?

No, you do not need to be a member of the Red Hat Society to have this theme for your Pampered Chef party. The theme is open to anyone who wants to celebrate the spirit of friendship and fun. However, if you are interested in joining the Red Hat Society, you can find more information on their website.

4. Are there any specific Pampered Chef products that would fit well with the Red Hat Society theme?

Yes, there are several Pampered Chef products that would fit well with the Red Hat Society theme. Some ideas include the Purple Chef's Silicone Oven Mitt, the Red Silicone Spatula, and the Purple Close & Cut Set. You can also use red and purple colored kitchen tools, such as measuring cups or mixing bowls, to add to the theme.

5. Can men attend a Red Hat Society themed Pampered Chef party?

Yes, men are welcome to attend a Red Hat Society themed Pampered Chef party. The society encourages inclusivity and celebrates the bond between women and men. However, it is important to make sure that all guests are aware of the theme and are comfortable participating in the activities. You can also offer alternative options for those who may not want to wear a red hat or purple clothing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Boomerjojo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Boomerjojo
  • muffy12
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • OhmyDLM