• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Creating a Detailed Annual Business Plan Common Among Consultants?

In summary, Carol is planning to do 10 shows per month, and has already booked 3. She is also focusing on host coaching and customer care, and is trying to do 3-2-1. Becky is planning to do 8 shows per month, and is already booked for November.
Humble Beginnings
I have been a consultant since May and it seems like time is just flying. First is was spring summer and before I knew it we were talking about the new Fall products, now we are talking about the Holidays before Fall even started. I feel overwhelmed sometimes trying to figure out how to map out my business. Overwhelmed in a good way because I love this business and want to do so much with it. Just wondering if others put together a business plan more to the extent that you know what recipes, customers contact, booths, shows, open houses etc you are planning for the year to keep your business growing.

Hi Carol:

I think this is a great idea and now is the perfect time to start planning. How about if we each take a crack at it and look at each others' plans?

Is anyone else interested?

Basically, my business plan is 3-2-1.

3 contacts a day
2 shows a week
1 recruit a month

It all starts with the 3 contacts a day!

I do take my calendar at the beginning of the year, and mark out all of the dates I know I won't be working - I do shows on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and 2 Saturdays a month. So, I mark out all of the other days as unavailable. Then, I set my goals monthly in the PC Planning Calendar.

I keep in mind some rules to follow as I'm planning:

Always have the following month booked by the 15th of the previous month.

Always remember that what I do now will be seen in my business 90 days from now. So, If I slack off in July - it's going to hurt in October.

Have January booked by Thanksgiving

And remember that 8 is enough. I killed myself last fall doing 12-14 shows a month. Loved the paycheck, but got a bit burned out and my host coaching and customer care really suffered. I'm being more careful in my booking this year, and spacing them out more. 10 a month, but no more.

My plan is basically like Becky's. I make sure to check my progress with any incentives on a weekly basis. I plan for the week and the month, and I set goals for the next couple of months at a time. Life is such that even the best-laid plans don't always work out. However, I know that without a plan I rarely get to all of the things I want to accomplish.

Great thread Carol! I'm in. I love to plan stuff, so planning my business is good. There are some things that I follow already.

I am starting to put the Power Hour into play, so I think that will help me immensely.

I do shows on Mondays, Wednesdays and if someone wants, I will do one to two Fridays/Saturdays a month. My goal is 8 shows a month. Now that I have October where I want it, I want to get November booked up by next week (the 15th, as Becky does I think is a good plan). I already have 3 dates booked, so only 5 more to go!! If I can get on that pattern, then things will be great for me.

I am really working on host coaching too and have been doing really well with that. I do believe that is the reason why my shows were so successful in September (no show under $500....my average for the month was $725!).

And, of course, I try to do 3-2-1.....

some great ideas, anyone else ??

Look at your calendar in 4 distinct groupings. Sept-Oct-Nov Dec-Jan-Feb Mar-Apr-May Jun-Jul-Aug For some reason it helps me to focus on the same things in each grouping. For example, Sept-Oct-Nov is holiday shopping. I know there will be some holiday shopping in December, but I'm focusing on booking February in December, not holiday sales. DEFINITELY book January by Thanksgiving and follow the letter/postcard plan that is floating around here. January can be difficult, but it can also be your most successful month. HTH

cmdtrgd said:
Look at your calendar in 4 distinct groupings. Sept-Oct-Nov Dec-Jan-Feb Mar-Apr-May Jun-Jul-Aug For some reason it helps me to focus on the same things in each grouping. For example, Sept-Oct-Nov is holiday shopping. I know there will be some holiday shopping in December, but I'm focusing on booking February in December, not holiday sales. DEFINITELY book January by Thanksgiving and follow the letter/postcard plan that is floating around here. January can be difficult, but it can also be your most successful month. HTH

YES! I did this for this past January....had it completely booked - 11 Cooking Shows - and sent out a series of 3 letters during December to my January Hosts. 9 of my 11 shows held (2 postponed due to weather) and I had a $4900 month! That $4900 translated to 9800 points because of double points month! Whoo Hooo!

I like this idea. Not sure if I will have time to do mine for a while. I will check back after all the baby stuff settles down to see what you guys have come up with!

1. What is a business plan and why is it important?

A business plan is a written document that outlines the goals, objectives, and strategies of a business. It includes information about the company's products or services, target market, competition, financial projections, and marketing plans. It is important because it provides a roadmap for the business and helps to identify potential challenges and opportunities.

2. How do I create a business plan?

To create a business plan, you should start by conducting thorough research on your industry, target market, and competitors. Then, outline the key sections of your business plan, such as executive summary, company overview, market analysis, marketing and sales strategies, operations plan, and financial projections. You can use templates or seek professional help to ensure your business plan is comprehensive and well-organized.

3. Do I need a business plan if I am not seeking funding?

Yes, a business plan is still important even if you are not seeking funding. It serves as a roadmap for your business and helps you to stay focused on your goals and strategies. It also allows you to regularly review and assess your progress and make necessary adjustments to ensure the success of your business.

4. How often should I update my business plan?

Your business plan should be updated at least once a year or whenever there are significant changes in your business, such as new products or services, changes in the market, or financial challenges. Regularly reviewing and updating your business plan ensures that it remains relevant and effective.

5. Can I use a business plan for multiple purposes?

Yes, a business plan can be used for multiple purposes, such as seeking funding, attracting investors, or guiding the growth and development of your business. However, it is important to tailor your business plan to the specific purpose and audience to ensure its effectiveness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedpals
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
merego
  • Tracy Davis