• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It Normal to Feel Guilty for Slowing Down Business During the Holidays?

In summary, Jenni is feeling pressure from her director to continue working at her current pace, but is also excited about her new job. She is looking into ways to keep her business active even while she is away from work for the holidays.
Jenni
OK~ so last week I quit my job! (Long story) I found a new job... assistant manager Bath and Body works. Which means lots of hours from now till pretty much the end of the year. My new manager seemed more then willing to work with me after the holidays on my schedule for parties. I have three on my calender right now and she has given me all three off already.
So my ? is does anyone else slow down their business around the holiday for family reasons or work? DO you bounce back?
Also why do I feel guilty... like I am letting my director down? She once told me she was putting her focus on me and one other girl. She wants me to be a director more then I want to be one. So I feel the pressure...:cry: HELP I know she wants to promote, but I have to do whats best for me. I will not being going in active. I have a $1000 mystery party in the works to go along with the three shows I have on my calender. Then in January I want to get back in the swing of 4 cooking shows a month with a few catalogs...
Any advice or support is welcome... I am a little blue about the whole thing when I should be feeling excited since I got the job I wanted!

Jenni - this is your business, not your directors. It sounds like you are excited about your new job; if your director is supportive she will hear your excitement and be excited for you. At your upcoming shows, when booking tell people you are booked through the holidays and they can either have a catalog party or cooking show in January - or, even better, have a catalog show now for people's holiday shopping and then a cooking show in January for people to buy what they really wanted but didn't get. Congratulations on getting the job you wanted - remember part of why we love PC so much is that the business works with us and our schedules!

First, congratulations on the new job. You SHOULD be excited for yourself.

I'm sorry you're feeling pressured by your director - I believe it wasn't fair of her to put all that pressure on you. Have you talked to her? Make sure she knows that you're not planning on going inactive and that this is just temporary.

I needed to do the same thing this summer when I started a new full-time job. I backed off PC for a few months, but I let my director (as well as my own recruits) know that it was temporary.

Remember that you're in this business for you, and you need to do what makes you happy and comfortable. Just be honest and upfront with your director, and don't feel guilty. It is YOUR business!

I feel better just reading your posts ladies!! Great tips...

I sent her an email.... letting her know my plans and telling her how I feel. Now I'm just waiting for her response.

If you want to slow down that is your call but you need to plan for after the holidays. Work on those bookings NOW! if you wait till Jan 2nd you may be dissapointed in your calendar.

Ditto on all of the above - and especially to fill your January calendar now! Even consultants who work their businesses hard over the holidays can find it hard to fill the beginning of January after Thanksgiving.You can stay active and still get a small paycheck by offering catalog shows to your customers, too. They get free stuff without having to clean house, and you don't have to miss work.

1. Does anyone have guilt about spending money on kitchen tools from Pampered Chef?

No, our customers often rave about the quality and durability of our kitchen tools, making the investment well worth it. Plus, we offer a satisfaction guarantee and warranty on all our products.

2. I have guilt about purchasing expensive kitchen tools. How can Pampered Chef products justify the cost?

Our kitchen tools are designed with high-quality materials and innovative features that make cooking and meal prep easier and more efficient. Additionally, our products are backed by our commitment to sustainability and giving back to communities in need.

3. How can I overcome the guilt of spending money on Pampered Chef products when I already have similar items in my kitchen?

Our products are designed to replace and upgrade traditional kitchen tools, providing better performance and durability. Plus, many of our products have multiple uses, saving you space and money in the long run.

4. I feel guilty about buying new kitchen tools when I could just make do with what I have. How does Pampered Chef promote sustainable consumption?

Pampered Chef is committed to sustainability and reducing waste. We offer high-quality, long-lasting products that are designed to replace disposable and single-use items in the kitchen. We also have a recycling program for our products at the end of their lifespan.

5. I have guilt about spending money on kitchen tools when I could just buy them at a cheaper price elsewhere. What sets Pampered Chef products apart?

Our products go through rigorous testing and quality control to ensure they meet our high standards. Plus, we offer a satisfaction guarantee and warranty on all our products. Additionally, our consultants provide personalized customer service and support to help you get the most out of your purchases.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
imported_heat123
  • emiscookin
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • 1995tucker
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies