• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Have Too Many Tools to Fit in Your Tool Turn About?

In summary, PC should make a bigger one! I think that the tool turnabout is a great idea and I love mine. My TTA is stuffed, but I thin it out before shows so it will fit in the darn bag. I like to bring all my tools to a show because I find that guests like to see products up close. Just my 2 cents!
AJPratt
Silver Member
I do. I guess I should buy another one and just use that for shows.

I figure if it fits, it's not too much, but I thin out my TTT before I go to shows...I don't take the pizza cutter and things that I don't need. I did consider buying a new one today when I placed my supply order just to hold all of the pens and markers that are floating around the house!

Bigger would be betterI think that PC should make a BIGGER one! I love mine, but at the moment it is STUFFED! I like to bring all my tools to a show because I find that guests like to see products up close. Just my 2 cents!

I do so I bought another for the kitchen, I have one on each side of my stove (also have one for the bathroom and one for my scrapbooking pens). I love the tool turnabout.

I now have 2, and keep thinking about getting a 3rd. :)

I keep one on my counter at home and one in my tote for shows. Some tools stay in the tote since I use them so seldom, but the more frequently used tools stay in my countertop one. I've been thinking about using a third one so I can take more tools to shows and have one for the tools I'm using and the other to hold the tools I'm not.

Mine is stuffed too! Just when I think I can't get any more in there, I somehow can!
I took all my Nylon and Bamboo tools and put them in my stoneware crock, and don't take them to shows... sometimes I may take one Nylon just to show how nice it fits with the cookware. (Did you know they are made with spun glass so they won't melt, etc!! They aren't your typical nylon tools at walmart!!) ANYWAY... They aren't that pricey, so people will buy them without me talking about them... I'd rather talk about the Scrapers - I use those so much more!

I take everything in my turn about...if I took something out... that would be the first thing someone would ask to see.
My turn about is like my security blanket - if I need another knife..it's in there! even the All-Purpose spreader will make due if my knife is dirty!

I have a hard time fitting the TTA in the tote. The zipper actually broke at the base, and I have someone fixing it for me--a cobbler, no less!

Anyway, I like to bring all of my tools, too, since there pretty light and small, its not too much trouble. I would just like mayabe a bigger tote bag or one with pockets, or better yet and bigger TTA and bigger tote!

Last edited:
My Director had a scrunchie like ribbon around hers that I really liked. Anybody know someone who makes/sells these?

What did it look like?

I have just one TTA. It is stuffed. I thin it out before shows so it will fit in the darn bag! That Tote is a wee bit too small.

Last edited:
Oh man, that scrunchie comment brought me way back. Back in the day, when I first became a consultant (I re-signed up in Jan, after a few years off)... there was a consultant who made these for other consultants to decorate their TTA's. If I recall correctly, this was in like 1999 or so that she made them? I dunno.
I've seen people put stickers, wallpaper borders, contact paper, etc on their TTA's to decorate 'em. :)

Ok, I don't know about the scrunchie thingy, but I do know that the longberger company makes these basket thingys to go around the edges of the baskets.. My mother won one at a "Basket Bingo", when I was reading these posts, I thought of that, to me it looked like a big scrunchie.. not sure if it will fit, but I will ask her about it.

I have WAY to much to fit into my TTA, I have all my Nylon tools in the crock, and then I have my PC cabinets w/ drawers, that are packed.. I keep thinking what on earth am I going to do when the new products come out!!!:eek:

Longaberger basket liner! I have ONE basket and friend bought for me and it has a liner and a plastic thing, too.

Has anyone's TTA bottom turner thing come off the TTA base?

My TTAB is overflowing. I have removed all of my nylon tools to a stoneware crock, all of my stainless spatulas, whisks, pizza cutter, etc. to another stoneware crock and all of my scrapers and bamboo pieces to yet another stoneware crock. My TTAB is still pretty full. I leave my crocks on the counter beside the stove and put only what I need for a show in my TTAB.

cmdtrgd said:
Has anyone's TTA bottom turner thing come off the TTA base?

yes, and then I put it back on.

I can't get it to go back on...is there a secret?

ha ha
DebbieJ said:
yes, and then I put it back on.

Debbie,

It made me chuckle as I read your comment!:p

I don't think there is a secret to putting the bottom back on the TTA. I take mine apart all of the time to wash it...so it stays beautiful for my shows!!

I just can't get it to stay on. Does it snap on or something? I feel like a moron! :D

Well, Kate I am right there with you except I can't get mine off! And I need to because it has stopped turning...

I can'tget mine to turn either. I will have to try taking it apart. I just thought it did that because I had too many tools in there and it weighed to much.

abey

I think that can come off. Mine doesn't turn on my counter. I have to slide it around.

ttaOk, so at first, i didnt want the TTA, since my kitchen has all SS appliances and black trims, so the white wouldnt really matche with it.

BUT then i earned it as the SS bonus and LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!! However, i do have so many tools that it wouldnt all fit. So i still use my SS canister that i have had forever and put all the nylon tools in that (i went crazy and bought multiples of those since they work great!) And the other tools, i have in the TTA. Its great since i dont have to stuff all the PC tools in the drawers, so when people come over, they can see all my PC stuff! I wish the handy scrapers would fit in there. I have just about every tool in the TTA except for a couple of larger items.

Wish they would make it in black to match my kitchen! But its great to use. I think i need one for my office since i have pens, scissors, and junk just lying around the desk!

It would be great if it was made bigger, too! It might not fit on my counter though.

AJPratt said:
I have a hard time fitting the TTA in the tote. The zipper actually broke at the base, and I have someone fixing it for me--a cobbler, no less!

Anyway, I like to bring all of my tools, too, since there pretty light and small, its not too much trouble. I would just like mayabe a bigger tote bag or one with pockets, or better yet and bigger TTA and bigger tote!

I start to zip it before it's so full.... then "fill" the bag/tote and pull thestring around it. I find it's easier to zip this way, and I can fit more than what fits in the tool turn around thing. :)

its_me_susan said:
I start to zip it before it's so full.... then "fill" the bag/tote and pull thestring around it. I find it's easier to zip this way, and I can fit more than what fits in the tool turn around thing. :)

I do that too...it's my Deluxe Cheese Grater getting in the way the most.

Funny thing, I was cleaning up from dinner with my DH and I was mentioning that the chef's tongs I put in the TTA [because he keeps throwing them in a draw--but everything else goes on the counter if he's not sure where it goes!] and he said "you almost need another one of them--it's so full" and I told him that I thought so too and might get one soon. Funniest part is how he's half-teasing about how all the stuff is PC and "can I use soap? can it go in the dishwasher?" One night he even took a skillet and said "let's see if this is right...I can use soap on it because it's between 3:30 and 7pm EST....." I forget the rest but I said 'sounds right!'

Sandi

I have two TTA. One I bought years ago as a customer - it's on my counter with all my doubles. No room for the chopper or DCG in there though, those are in the cupboard.

The one for my shows is full, full, full. What I do is when I'm packing my red crate, I only put what products I will be using for the recipe in there. Tools too! I pull them out of the TTA, and place them in my crate. If I'm using one knife, I put all in there. If I'm using one spatula or scoop, I put them all in there so there within reach when I set up to talk about. This way I'm not digging in my TTA (and it was easier to put in it's tote).

Then I have my two bags for the specials and new products and my briefcase.

After cleaning my this past winter it doesn't turn as well. I guess I need to take apart again and get the ball bearnings aligned right. Any suggestions?

I REALLY need to pare down my TTAs...both my kitchen one and my kit one. I am such a pack-rat by nature and it overflows into my business - LOL

I just bought a second one. LOL

I have 2 TTA & 2 totes, I find they hold ALOT & are lighter & easier to cart around than my other totes. Now all i need is 1 for my house:rolleyes:

Ginger, you sound like me!

I have a great tip...
I am using a 5 gallon bucket, with a bucket tool cover over it...I put all my tools in the pockets and I can even fit my chopper and cutting board in the middle. I bought the cover at Lowe's and the bucket..I think is was 16.00 for the whole thing... IlLove it..

chefjeni said:
I have a great tip...
I am using a 5 gallon bucket, with a bucket tool cover over it...I put all my tools in the pockets and I can even fit my chopper and cutting board in the middle. I bought the cover at Lowe's and the bucket..I think is was 16.00 for the whole thing... IlLove it..

That's the Tom Marston thing right? I went to one of his shows here in STL and he had it with him.

Great Canadian TipI always put my TTA in the tote and then put the Classic Batter Bowl OVER the tools, it squeezes them in, and it zips up just great.

Try it, you might like it!!

pampersarapara said:
I always put my TTA in the tote and then put the Classic Batter Bowl OVER the tools, it squeezes them in, and it zips up just great.

Try it, you might like it!!

REALLLLLY??? What a cool idea!
DO you have the new tote or the old one?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• my3ps
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefheidi2003
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • pamperedchef88