• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Help Me Complete My Star Trek Badge Collection?

In a large bowl, combine cereal, oatmeal, chocolate chips, brown sugar, corn syrup, peanut butter, and vanilla extract.3. Press mixture firmly into a greased 8X8 or 9X9 glass (or equivalent).4. Bake for 20 minutes, or until set.5. Allow to cool before cutting into bars.
raebates
Staff member
If you do, I have a request.

Right now the 18 oz boxes have a Star Trek badges inside. My BIL is a Trekker. (Never call them Trekkies. It really ticks them off. :balloon:) When The Furry Guy and I saw that the badges were the prize inside, we decided it would be fun to collect them and sneak them into the Trekker brother's Christmas stocking.*

Here's the problem. We've bought 5 boxes over the last few weeks and we've collected 5 of the Starfleet Engineering badges. There are supposedly 5 different ones available--Starfleet Science, Starfleet Command, Romulan Empire, Klingon Empire, and, of course, Starfleet Engineering.

Here's my request. If you have any of the other badges, would you send them to me? I'll be glad to pay the shipping.

TIA!

*Yes, we've already started planning for Christmas. We generally take a little time right after Christmas (like, December 26 or 27) to talk about what we thought worked and what didn't that year. In January we start really planning and watching for Christmas ideas. We may be strange, but we're relaxed all of December. :)

DH and DS love Rice Krispies....and a box is on my grocery list for this week.

The challenge will be getting the badge out w/o DS noticing. If I can, and it's one you need, I'll send it to you!

They are also in some of the Kellogg's cereal. (The light "beam" badges, right?) My sons are also collecting them. They are in the Froot Loops and also Frosted Shredded Mini Wheats. :D

By us, the kelloggs mini-wheats have tokens to collect to get a free ST shirt (look slike the uniform)!! There are three different designs. I'm collecting to get DH one as a surprise!

That's funny! Other cereals by Kellogg's have either a Free DVD promotion, the badges, or the free Tshirt. They probably mix them all up. So I guess, we should check all the varieties. I hadn't even thought of the rice krispie treats, so that opens up a whole new option! lol

If I get any I'll let you know. My sister gets Rice Krispies more then we do so I'll ask her too!

I'll have to check, we go through lots of boxes but I confess I never pay attention to what's inside!

Oh what a Duh moment I just had...I thought originally you said Rice Krispie treats. Don't know why I thought that. ??? Just ignore me...:blushing:

Thanks, everyone!I'll also check the other cereal varieties. (Now The Furry Guy's all excited about maybe getting Froot Loops. LOL!) I was buying Rice Krispies when I noticed the prize, so I never thought to check other cereals. Some of the other sizes of boxes have the other Star Trek things (DVD & shirt tokens). Amanda, you're forgiven. I can't in good conscience tell you that I don't do that, since I do it frequently.

I'll check ours...my mom is bringing me a bunch of cereal this weekend and I'm sure there may be some. If I get some, we'll save them.I also use rice krispies in my granola bars...I just might have to make more granola bars...

I saw the title of this thread, and was all set to respond, "Only in bar form." :D Although I'm frugal enough that I make those with the store brand crisp rice. I hope you get a full set of the badges. That sounds like a fun present.

chefann said:
I saw the title of this thread, and was all set to respond, "Only in bar form." :D Although I'm frugal enough that I make those with the store brand crisp rice.

I hope you get a full set of the badges. That sounds like a fun present.

Me too on the store brand, except when there is a great sale and I have coupons - then name-brand is cheaper!!!!

I've got the marshmallows, now I just need the Krispies! You guys have me wanting them now. :D

We've been buying the Krispies, opening the box to take out the prize, and leaving the interior bag sealed. I'm making lots of Janet's granola bars and Rice Krispies Treats. The Furry Guy is ecstatic.

Ok, is Janet's granola bar recipe somewhere? I've got to try that! :)

Here you go. Per Janet's suggestion, I triple the recipe and put it in the large bar pan. The Meat Tenderizer (flat side, of course) works well to press the mixture into the pan well.
Low-Cal Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
• 1 1/4 cups crispy rice cereal
• 1 cup old fashioned oatmeal
• 1 serving chocolate chips (look on the back of the bag, mine read 30 pieces for 70 calories)
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 1/4 cup light corn syrup
• 1/4 crunchy peanut butter
• 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
• greased 8X8 or 9X9 glass dish - I actually use my rectangular pyrex to make the bars shaped like store-bought ones1. In a mixing bowl, mix the oats, rice cereal, and chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
2. In a microwaveable dish, heat the corn syrup and brown sugar (about a minute or two) until melted and mix together well. Stir in the vanilla and peanut butter. This will also serve to cool the mixture enough before you add it to the cereal.
3. With a spatula or spoon, scoop the mixture into the cereal and fold in until everything is coated evenly.
4. With the spatula or the back of the spoon, press the granola mixture into the greased pan until packed firmly. How well you pack it in determines how well the granola bar holds together later.
5. Let the pan sit about ten minutes until cooled and then cut into 8 pieces.

Thanks! Wow, looks easy and I actually own those ingredients! :)

Sorry, Rae!

The boxes must be different in different places. All of the Kelloggs cereal on the shelves at Meijer today were for the Shirt. :(

Thanks for checking, Becky.

http://icanhascheezburger.wordpress.com/files/2009/02/funny-pictures-there-is-a-surprise-in-your-cereal-box.jpg

Thanks for posting that Rae, been busy at work today. The large metal spatula also works fine to press it down.It is an easy and GREAT tasting recipe. My kids LOVE them!

chefann said:
I saw the title of this thread, and was all set to respond, "Only in bar form."

You only eat Rice Krispies in a bar? :eek:

With beer?

Snap Crackle and Burp!

1. Can Rice Krispies be eaten as a breakfast cereal?

Yes, Rice Krispies can be eaten as a breakfast cereal. They are often enjoyed with milk and can also be combined with fruits or other toppings for added flavor.

2. Are Rice Krispies gluten-free?

Yes, Rice Krispies are gluten-free. They are made from toasted rice grains and do not contain any gluten ingredients. However, they may come into contact with gluten-containing products during manufacturing, so always check the label for any allergen information.

3. Can Rice Krispies be used for cooking or baking?

Yes, Rice Krispies can be used for cooking and baking. They are a versatile ingredient and are commonly used in recipes for treats such as Rice Krispies treats, crispy chicken, and even as a crust for desserts.

4. How long do Rice Krispies stay fresh after opening?

Rice Krispies can stay fresh for up to 2-3 weeks after opening if stored in an airtight container. It is important to keep them away from moisture and to seal the bag or box tightly after each use.

5. Are there any other flavors of Rice Krispies besides the original?

Yes, there are several other flavors of Rice Krispies available, including chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla. These flavors can often be found in limited edition or seasonal varieties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
janezapchef
Replies
Views
raebates
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates