• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do I need a resale license for my California PC business?

Thank you! I did get a number from HO so everything has turned out great!Can anyone tell me where to get this statement? I need one asap! Thanks
ptejhe
Hi there!

When I started a month ago with PC I called my state's Board of Equalization and inquired whether I needed a business license or not. The lady on the phone told me that Independent Consultants generally do not since they are not resaling the merchandise and that PC Home office carries the license for all of us.

Well, I am trying to participate in a Vendor Booth (for the 1st time) and the lady in charge is telling me that I need to get the "resale license" number from our Home Office otherwise I cannot participate.

I explained to her that I am not resaling these items, but she will not let me participate without one.

Help! I emailed the Tax Dept at the Home Office to see if I'm able to obtain that information.

Hello neighbor!This is what the BOE told me: All you need to do, is notify the event operators that you are not required to obtain a seller's permit, and you can cite section 6015 of the Revenue and Taxation Code as your reason. Pampered Chef is what we call a "6015"
retailer (just like Avon, Tupperware, Mary Kay, Amway, etc.). All the operator needs from is a statement that you are not required to have a seller's permit.This was via email from the Board of Equalization.

Thank you! I did get a number from HO so everything has turned out great!

Can anyone tell me where to get this statement?
I need one asap! Thanks

PampChefJoy said:
Hello neighbor!

This is what the BOE told me: All you need to do, is notify the event operators that you are not required to obtain a seller's permit, and you can cite section 6015 of the Revenue and Taxation Code as your reason. Pampered Chef is what we call a "6015"
retailer (just like Avon, Tupperware, Mary Kay, Amway, etc.). All the operator needs from is a statement that you are not required to have a seller's permit.

This was via email from the Board of Equalization.

Hello!

I completely understand your confusion and frustration. As an Independent Consultant, it can be confusing to navigate the legal side of things when it comes to selling our products. I would recommend following up with the Tax Department at our Home Office, as they will have the most accurate information and can provide you with the necessary documentation for participating in the Vendor Booth. In the meantime, I would also suggest reaching out to the lady in charge of the booth and explaining your situation again, as it seems there may have been a misunderstanding. I hope everything gets sorted out and you are able to participate in the booth. Best of luck!

What is a California Business License?

A California Business License is a legal document that allows a company or individual to conduct business within the state of California. It is required for most businesses and is issued by the California Secretary of State.

Who needs to obtain a California Business License?

Most businesses operating in California are required to have a business license, including corporations, partnerships, and sole proprietorships. Some professions, such as doctors, lawyers, and real estate agents, may also require a specific type of license in addition to a general business license.

How do I apply for a California Business License?

The process for obtaining a California Business License can vary depending on the type of business and location. Generally, you will need to complete an application and pay a fee to the California Secretary of State. You may also need to provide additional documentation, such as a business plan or proof of insurance.

What is the cost of a California Business License?

The cost of a California Business License can vary depending on the type of business and location. The fee can range from $50 to several hundred dollars. Some cities or counties may also require an additional fee for a local business license.

When do I need to renew my California Business License?

A California Business License is typically valid for one year and must be renewed annually. The renewal process may involve updating your business information and paying a renewal fee. It is important to renew your license on time to avoid any penalties or fines.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• scottcooks
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pampchefsarah
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • jcwarr