• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Disliking Aprons: Finding the Perfect Fit for Every Body Type

In summary, you are not the only person who hates wearing an apron. Some people fold down the top of the apron and still tie it around their waist. Others wear a waist apron that just hangs down. Some people wear a different apron for
Jenni
Am I the only one who hates wearing an apron? I feel so chunky and fat when I wear it...LOL (not that I'm bragging but a large chest and an apron don't mix)as silly as it sounds. Does anyone ever wear and apron that is not a PC one?
I would like one that doesn't come up over my neck.. just a waist down sort of thing.

I do not either....I bought the Pampered Chef rhinestone shirt and I get MANY compliments on it....I'm too short and big chested to wear that heavy apron!

What's an apron? I have never worn mine to a show. I don't cook during my shows so I don't have to worry about getting messy working in a small area. I wear it to fairs and booths only because the pockets hold items.

Brilliant! That's understandable....promoting PC AND pockets!

I never wear mine----ever!

Not sure why I thought it was a must.... horrible stereo type! I'm going to burn it :grumpy: LOL

I've seen several people fold down the top of the apron and still tie it around their waist. I'd love for them to come out with just a waist apron, like some chefs wear.:D

You are not alone. I just do not wear mine anymore. I have a red 3/4 length shirt that I like to wear. I need something cooler for the summer though.

NEVER-but i collect them---If you really want to wear it---fold it over and use it on your waist---

I love to wear mine. I am very messy and keep my towel folded over the strap.

However, I do not have the problem of large chest. I am actually hoping they come out with an apron that is padded in just the right spot:D!

I dont wear my apron either. I have the black PC shirt from Merrill that I wear to all my show. I really need to invest in some more PC shirts.

I feel so free.... no more apron!!!!! :):):balloon::):balloon::):balloon::):)

I wear the Rhinestone PC shirt as well or fold the apron down. Or I just wear my name tag I got through Merrill.

Do you handwash your rhinestone shirt? I wanted to get it, but I HATE to hand wash things. UGG! :)

I turn it inside out and wash it on gentle then hang it up to dry. Never had a problem with it ( yet) knock on wood :)

I don't like it, but I was really glad I had it on the other day or I would have had sour cream all down the front of me for the rest of the afternoon! I'm messy I guess, or accident prone, whichever is least unbecoming, lol, so I guess I need something to cover my nice clothes.

haha, I never thought to not wear it either! And I hate the one that comes in the kit... denim, ick! I'm still working on getting logo wear though. It's so pricey! Or maybe I'm just too cheap! heheh!

ChefLisa said:
I love to wear mine. I am very messy and keep my towel folded over the strap.

However, I do not have the problem of large chest. I am actually hoping they come out with an apron that is padded in just the right spot:D!

Good one!;)

babywings76 said:
Do you handwash your rhinestone shirt? I wanted to get it, but I HATE to hand wash things. UGG! :)

I do wash mine and all my stones are still sticking!:sing:

I hate the apron - I burn up in it! I wear my Merrill shirts and nice jeans or my denim skirt. I use one of our microfiber towels or seasonal dish towel and have it hanging from my pocket for wiping my hands. If I am doing a really messy recipe, then I wear the apron....I once went to dump a molten skillet brownie in the SA platter and splashed the chocolate all over me - I thought I'd never get it out. I carry a clorox pen with me all the time now in my bag.

I wear my apron faithfully. It is like jewelry for me. I feel naked w/o it on. I am such a messy cook that I should really wear one at home too!!
I have different ones that I wear for different holidays/seasons, not a big fan of the denim, but I wear that quite a bit. I have one w/ a turkey on it and one w/ hearts, I have the one that matches the patriotic linens, and a few others. Just to mix things up.

I wear mine, but more out of habit than anything now. I'm also very messy, so it helps in that respect. But, I don't wear one at home, even though I probably should.

I wish we sold cute aprons with our logo sewn on them on the top left-hand side. I get a lot of people asking me if they can order the apron! It would be great if they made pretty ones for women and "manly" ones for men - I get both asking me for them all the time!! I miss the kids aprons, too - I stocked up on them for my nieces and nephews, thank goodness, but wish we still sold them (the hat was silly, though, IMO).

I wear mine at shows that I'm cooking at, but not at the ones I don't. I sometimes fold them over if I'm at an expo and want pockets. I LOVE my pink one :).

I don't wear mine - just the name tag from Merrill!

Jules711 said:
I wear mine at shows that I'm cooking at, but not at the ones I don't. I sometimes fold them over if I'm at an expo and want pockets. I LOVE my pink one :).

Oh yeah, I have the pink one too!! I start wearing mid-march to promote May!!

I wear mine occassionally. Last year at conference I bought the dots PJ shirt and had my friend cut the tail off and make me pockets and I wore that to shows. It was cute, but it faded TERRIBLY, so I don't wear it too much anymore. Great in the summer, nice and cool :)
I have the rhinestone shirt and I am down right mean to it and it is fine!
I get alot of comments on it, everyone thinks it is cute :)
If you are not comfortable in an apron skip it.
Glad you are FREE

wadesgirl said:
What's an apron? I have never worn mine to a show. I don't cook during my shows so I don't have to worry about getting messy working in a small area. I wear it to fairs and booths only because the pockets hold items.

If you don't cook during your shows, what do you do? I am just wondering because from what I have read, not every host wants an interactive demo where the consultant demos the items by making a recipe. Others out there.....can you share what you do if you aren't preparing a recipe?

merego said:
I wear the Rhinestone PC shirt as well or fold the apron down. Or I just wear my name tag I got through Merrill.

Ditto here! PC bling shirt and fold the apron down for the lower half usually!;)

I don't wear mine either. But if one of my daughters goes with me to the show to help, then they wear it! They both look so adorable in it and it definitely proves that the apron can fit everyone!

An idea if your not going to have a demo would be to maybe have a recipe premade before the party for the guests to eat as they arrive. Then as the guests are eating, maybe play a game, show off the stoneware, cutlery, cookware and simple additions. Pass them around for the guests to see and touch. Talk about the specials for the current and upcoming months ( I have all these in a 3 ring binder that I let guests look through) Do a door prize drawing if you'd like. Let the guests shop and help when needed and then close with a full service checkout.

Cindycooks said:
I use one of our microfiber towels or seasonal dish towel and have it hanging from my pocket for wiping my hands.

That's a great idea. I'm always searching for my towel.

Don't wear the apron either. I have several logo shirts I got at conference last year that I wear with a nice pair of pants. Buy them while you are there so you don't have to pay shipping + you can try them on before you buy. Or, try them on at the hotel. If they don't fit, they will exchange them at conference for you.

Related to Disliking Aprons: Finding the Perfect Fit for Every Body Type

1. Am I the only one who hates wearing an apron?

No, you are not the only one who dislikes wearing an apron. Many people find them uncomfortable or unflattering. It is important to find an apron that fits well and makes you feel comfortable.

2. I feel so chunky and fat when I wear it...LOL (not that I'm bragging but a large chest and an apron don't mix)as silly as it sounds.

It is not silly at all. Many people feel self-conscious when wearing an apron, especially if it does not fit properly. It is important to find an apron that is the right size and style for your body type.

3. Does anyone ever wear an apron that is not a PC one?

Yes, there are many different types of aprons available that are not specifically designed for professional cooking. Some people wear aprons for crafting or gardening, or even as a fashion accessory.

4. I would like one that doesn't come up over my neck.. just a waist down sort of thing.

There are aprons available in various styles and lengths, including waist-down aprons. Look for aprons with adjustable straps or ties that can be worn comfortably around the waist without coming up over the neck.

5. Finding the Perfect Fit for Every Body Type

It may take some trial and error to find the perfect apron for your body type, but there are many options available. Look for aprons with adjustable straps, different lengths and styles, and consider trying on different sizes to find the best fit for you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • vanscootin
  • General Chat
Replies