• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Top Tip for a Strong Start with PC: Boost Your Success Now!

In Summary, Karlene's best tip was to attend New Consultant Training, to make sure to schedule shows within the first two weeks, to branch out from family and friends, to attend all training events, to smile when you hear no, and to ask EVERYONE that attends a show if they want to host their own show.
missyciccolella
I'm curious as to what 1 tip/idea/training helped you get a strong start with PC?

"The phone is your friend"
I remember when I was first learning how to sew, my friend Missy who was teaching me how to sew kept telling me "The iron is your friend" because it is so important to iron seams down when you're sewing...so now it translates to "the phone is your friend"

Get your first four shows scheduled within your first two weeks. Don't sign until those 4 shows are on the calendar with guest lists in hand!

Get your 4 or more shows lined up before you sign up.
My recruiter did not mention that. She asked if I had some friends or family I thought might want to have a show. I did not have any dates or really hadn't spoken to anyone about shows. I signed up and then went on vacation for a week. I still didn't know the importance of it. When I got home I looked through all my products and paperwork and started asking around. This was 3 weeks into my business. I know I will stress that information when I have a recruit someday.

JAE-
We were typing at the same time. :)

climbercanoe3 said:
JAE-
We were typing at the same time. :)
Great minds think alike! I wish my recruiter would have told me that. I actually heard it on a Belinda Ellsworth cd, and it makes so much sense to me...after the fact!

best tipMake sure you branch out right away from family and friends. My first show was for a neighbor (9 years ago) and a lady booked from that show. I did not know the lady that booked. Her show was my fourth show. By that 4th show they were all "strangers" to me...That was the whole trick to getting a great start. I did no less than $5,000 a month in sales for almost the first year and a half...I was on a roll!!!!! And that was my average 9 years ago.
so....best advise...get out of that circle of friends and find hosts who are new to you...it will snowball from there
best of luck
Karlene

The best tip I heard at my New Consultant Training was "SW4". If you haven't heard of SW4 it means Some will, some won't, so what, someone's waiting.

Sometimes new consultants hear no a few too many times and give up. You have to look at every "no" in a positive way. Smile when you hear that no and be glad, because it just got you one step closer to your next yes!!

That theory has helped me and my new consultants tremendously!

The best tip that I can give you is to go through your list of 100 and step up your first four show dates...... and branch out from their. If you can get signed up for some fairs this summer. But their further away you get from bookings from your friends and families the better your business will be.

Training, training, training. Attend all training events you can get your little hands on. Listen to all calls that your recruiter/director does for your downline. Online training is good too. Attend local meetings. All these things will give you great support, answer questions, etc. That way you aren't in the business for a year and go "I didn't know that!". Plus good communication with your director/recruiter. Let them know what your business means to you, what you want out of the business and what you need from them.

Don't be afraid:
of making those calls
scheduling those shows
asking questions

Great Tips! Thanks for sharing...I liked the "SW4" - I've never heard that one.

I'll agree 200% with Carolyn about the phone! And it is so important to make those calls while your enthusiasm is high, so make the calls as soon as you sign up, don't wait for the kit!

the other think I would add, and something I'm telling ALL my new consultants:
There are 2 ways to make money with PC, selling products and growing a team.

Instead of telling consultants to call their list of 100 (sounds daunting), I like to tell them to try to get 100 "no's" in the next 2 weeks - either people they're talking to while at work/out and about/whatever, or when they get on the phone. Then they realize what making contacts is all about - talking about your business everywhere. Plus, if you're expecting a "no" and get a "yes", it feels better than thinking everyone will say "yes" and hearing "no" a lot. ;)

Don't be afraid to ask EVERYONE that attends a show if they want to host their own show. I have been shocked at the people that say YES. Also just have fun. Remember this is YOUR business and YOU can have fun.

Talk PC to everyone, and I mean everyone. When I'm in line at the grocery store I always talk about the recipe I'm making. It gets the teller and the person behind be interested. I then can give them a mini-catalog with my website information on the back and direct them there to get the recipes.

My first shows, outside of friends and family, were generated from the espresso drivethrough I went to daily. I didn't know her name even. I just ask! Have you ever heard of Pampered Chef? That started a show and shows and shows and shows. I once added up the sales generated from just that one contact. It was thousands of dollars. Just Ask!!

Wear PC too. Even a pin on your purse talks a lot.

Do something for your business every day, even if it is only 5 minutes. Keep your excitement, even when you hear NO. Ow yeah and my favorite....."Do what you fear the most."

Ask for referrals. I so wish I had been doing this, especially during the dry spells. Ask "who do you know that likes this kind of thing?".

Also - cluster meetings are MORE important even than shows. Training is your future business; shows are your current business. I tell my recruits that they need to commit to team trainings or not to start until they can.

God Bless!

-praying for Paige and her family-

Last edited:
scottcooks said:
Ask for referrals. I so wish I had been doing this, especially during the dry spells. Ask "who do you know that likes this kind of thing?".

Also - cluster meetings are MORE important even than shows. Training is your future business; shows are your current business. I tell my recruits that they need to commit to team trainings or not to start until they can.

God Bless!

-praying for Paige and her family-

I am so stealing that to use with every communication I make with my team from now on!! Thank you!

Don't take "no" too quickly - always ask a follow up question!When someone says no, they might just have some reservations, but are really still interested... how would you know that if you just accepted their "no" and moved on?When people say they don't want to book a party, I always act a little surprised (I mean, who wouldn't want to book?!), and say , "really?" That is usually all is takes for them to give their reason for not booking/signing up... usually it is something like being too busy right now, small house, not enough guests, etc. All are really easy objections to get over - but if you had just given up at the initial "no", then you wouldn't have the opportunity to change their "no" to a YES!Good luck :)

Related to Discover the Top Tip for a Strong Start with PC: Boost Your Success Now!

1. What is the top tip for a strong start with Pampered Chef?

The top tip for a strong start with Pampered Chef is to focus on building relationships with your customers. This includes connecting with them on a personal level, providing excellent customer service, and consistently following up with them.

2. How can I boost my success as a Pampered Chef consultant?

To boost your success as a Pampered Chef consultant, it's important to stay organized and set achievable goals. Additionally, actively promoting your business through various channels, such as social media and local events, can also help increase your success.

3. Can you provide some tips for effectively managing my Pampered Chef business?

One tip for effectively managing your Pampered Chef business is to stay organized with your orders, deliveries, and inventory. It's also important to regularly track your sales and set goals for yourself. Additionally, make sure to communicate regularly with your customers and offer excellent customer service.

4. How can I make the most out of my Pampered Chef starter kit?

To make the most out of your Pampered Chef starter kit, take the time to familiarize yourself with all the products and tools included. This will not only help you feel more confident when promoting the products to customers, but it will also allow you to provide more thorough product knowledge and demonstrations.

5. What are some common mistakes to avoid when starting with Pampered Chef?

One common mistake to avoid when starting with Pampered Chef is not setting clear goals for yourself. It's important to have a plan in place and to regularly track your progress. Another mistake to avoid is not utilizing all the resources and support available to you through Pampered Chef, such as training and mentoring opportunities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MORFIA
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
JAE
  • kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Kathytnt