• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Benefits of a No Demo Show - Don't Miss Out!

In summary, Rae discusses how she does her shows, which focus on products and not demonstrations. She provides an overview of her shows and how they usually go. She also provides a link to a thread where she answers questions.
Flamingo
Gold Member
help!!! what is it.................

Have the recipe prepared and basically do a walk through of the main items in the catalog. HTH

My director calls it a 'dry show'. The host has treats; we set up products. Go over the catalog, receipts, specials, answer questions.... Guests eat, shop and visit. I have done shows like that for hosts that do not want demos. They have usually been about $400 shows. I also did and open house from about 3 - 10 pm for a host. She had people coming and going. Lots of food for them and I was there to answer questions. Her show was around $800.

This is how I do my shows and I love it. I get there an hour early and have picked recipes that are easy to make so that I have time to make the recipe, set up and do dishes. That way the guests can see all the products and then I just hit on the 4 main groups plus some other products. I have seriously tried to get into the interactive shows and don't really like them. I do give my hosts a choice and most of them want a no demo show.

I have never tried these shows before. But I like the ideas I have seen here!!

wadesgirl said:
This is how I do my shows and I love it. I get there an hour early and have picked recipes that are easy to make so that I have time to make the recipe, set up and do dishes. That way the guests can see all the products and then I just hit on the 4 main groups plus some other products. I have seriously tried to get into the interactive shows and don't really like them. I do give my hosts a choice and most of them want a no demo show.

would you elaborate some more please.... Do you cook??? What 4 groups? How long is the show???Thanks

I spoke with Don Funt after conference just hanging outside about no demo shows. He never does a demo! And we all know his reputation for sales. I guess it works! I personally like doing the demo, but hey, whatever works go with it!

Flamingo said:
would you elaborate some more please.... Do you cook??? What 4 groups? How long is the show???Thanks

I don't cook during the show but make the recipe before hand. If it's something that needs a crust to cool (clubhouse chicken squares, chocolate chip sensation, etc), I bring that prebaked. Then I fix the recipe up real quick when I get there, wash dishes and set up. Here's a brief set up of my show:
-Thank host
-My Intro
-Guest Intros
-Catalog/Order Form Info
-Products
-Cookware
-Stoneware
-Forged Cutlery
-Simple Additions
-Other Products
-Host Benefits
-Guest Special
-Recruiting Info
-Door Prizes

It's usually about an hour from start to finish, depends on the guest interaction. When I talk about the products listed, I'll sometimes go into "sub catagories". When I talk about cookware, I'll go into Silicone Products. When I talk about Forged Cutlery, I'll go into Cutting Boards and other knives. Things like that. When I'm done, I take orders, pack up and leave.

raebates also does the "no-demo" show. She might be able to give you another spin on it as well.

I do no demo shows when the new catalogs come out and they are high shows, usually $1000+. The host does makes all the food, I will help her out if she wants me to come earlier. I also will supply her with PC recipes etc. When the guest come I pass out my folders, talk to them about why I love PC etc, and then I show the new products and talk about them.

The guest say that they enjoy this more as they have been to tons of PC parties, know about the products and just want to see what the new stuff is and buy it.

Good luck!

Here's the link to the thread where I answer lots of questions about my shows. I've tweaked it a bit, but the basics are still the same.

I did two shows last week. One closed at $1,130. The other is sitting at $850, and will close this week. I anticipate it being over $900.

http://www.chefsuccess.com/f12/questions-rae-about-your-show-16925/

Feel free to email or PM me if you have any questions not answered in the thread.

I just started doing these after listening to Don Funt talk about it at Conference.
The shows that I have done this way have been great, and I have actually had guests come up and thank me for not doing a demo. :) I really like this format, and hope to continue to perfect it for my shows!

My director doesn't do demos either. She brings the recipe already prepared and then just talks about the products. And she does pretty well. I have tried getting away with it before and I always get the "but we really wanted a demo". The thing is though, the demo is what sets us apart from the candle and jewelry parties, which I personally find increadibly boring!

One of the fabulous things that truly sets us apart from so many DS companies is the freedom to do whatever works for each of us. I let the host choose which type of show to do. Most choose my Walk Through the Catalog. Some choose a Traditional Cooking Show (which I've adapted to the new interactive style). Either works well for me. All of my shows are very interactive. Trust me, none of them are ever boring (not that I think you were actually suggesting that they are. :)).

Now this sounds like my cup of tea! I've tried the interactive twice (I know that's not alot) and they've both bombed as people just don't want to be "bothered" to help with the demo. I personally would like more time to talk about the products vs. trying to put together a recipe while talking and trying to keep my train of thought!!! I'm going to try this!

I really like this idea.. do you tell your hosts to have any other foods or just the recipe?

I do a "dry show". I do it pretty much the way Wadesgirl does. I prepare enough of one recipe to feed everyone. Most of the time I bring it already prepared, but if I have to travel far then I will finish it at the host's home. Almost always the host has something that pairs well with what I am bringing.

I do have items for people to try out the products... a tomato to slice with our knives, garlic to press, etc. I have products out for them to try and ask about. I am trying to work my way up to an interactive show, but I am still nervous. My third show was sort of interactive. I did it for my sister-in-law and there were 6 of us total. I did a salad, but I was really nervous the entire time. Thank goodness she was family.

I usually have $600 in sales. This past week I had $1046! This was the highest for me other than my open house to start off in March. Most of the time I get 2 bookings per show.

Interesting concept!At what point do you serve the recipe? During your presentation, or afterwards.

also, doesnt that cost you alot to get all the ingredients to make ? I am not at the point yet where I am getting alot of sales.. my highest show was $525.00.. so if you are only getting $100 in commission to spend $15-$20 on food doesnt seem worth it

You can always tell the host that she'll reimburse you $10 (or whatever) for the ingredients.I tell the host the only thing she needs to worry about is something to drink and something to serve the food on. Most do a little something else, but that's not necessary.As for when to serve it, I usually use the first 15 minutes of a show for the guests to fill their plates and chat. I tell them as they enter to go ahead and grab something to eat. I'll start my part of the evening at [time]. That way they know when the party will shift.

I have to tell you, I absolutely LOVE this idea. I really think I am going to do this at my next few shows. thank you so much . I love this site!

I ususally serve the food first. Let them eat, talk, relax (a lot of week night shows right after guests get off work). This way they are not shuffling food, drink, and a catalog. They get to eat and then I start talking. I refer to the recipe. Talk about the tools I used. Tell them to make sure to give me their email so I can send it to them. Then, I go to another room and take orders. They get to eat and drink more and continue their party. Works well for me. At first I kept thinking that I was doing my shows wrong because everyone else was talking about interactive shows. Mine are sort of interactive, and it works for me and for my hosts and guests!

Thanks Rae, that's a perfect segue to the presentation.

Now I thought this one was going to be the first "no demo show" I'm having tomorrow night. The hostess is making ALL the food. I said are your sure or do you want me to demonstrate and she said she would have it all done. I just needed to go over products and specials. Now how easy is that?

I just found out I'm expecting, and I have a lot of tummy-sickness issues. I'm afraid of cooking in front of everyone because of what my tummy might do! I'm super excited about this, because now I can have it all done ahead of time during a "good" part of my day, then just talk if I need to. Thanks for the tips!

Best wishes on your new little blessing.

Uggghh... I only gained 9 or 10 pounds my last pregnancy from the "tummy issues"!! I can completely understand!!! COMPLETELY! I hope things get better for you soon and congratulations!

Related to Discover the Benefits of a No Demo Show - Don't Miss Out!

What is a "No Demo Show"?

A "No Demo Show" is a Pampered Chef party where the consultant does not do a live cooking demonstration. Instead, products are displayed and guests can place orders directly.

How does a "No Demo Show" differ from a regular Pampered Chef party?

In a regular Pampered Chef party, the consultant usually prepares and cooks a recipe using Pampered Chef products, while guests watch and sample the food. In a "No Demo Show," there is no live demonstration, and guests can browse and order products at their own pace.

Why would someone choose to have a "No Demo Show" instead of a regular party?

Some people may prefer a more low-key and relaxed party without the pressure of watching a demonstration. A "No Demo Show" also allows guests to focus more on product browsing and ordering, and may be more suitable for smaller gatherings.

Do I still earn rewards as a host for having a "No Demo Show"?

Yes, as a host of a "No Demo Show," you can still earn rewards such as free and discounted products based on the total sales of your party. Your consultant can provide more details on the specific rewards for hosting a "No Demo Show."

Can I still become a consultant if I host a "No Demo Show"?

Yes, hosting a "No Demo Show" is a great way to introduce your friends and family to Pampered Chef products and potentially generate interest in becoming a consultant. Your consultant can provide more information on the benefits of becoming a consultant and how to get started.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 1PamperedMommy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Pamper the Chef in You