• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Disappointing Apple Pancake Recipe | Tips for Perfect Results

In summary, Karen says her pancake recipe did not work as intended, with the flour not being self rising and having an egg taste. She recommends adding spices to the recipe to enhance the flavor.
jrstephens
I tried this over the weekend. I did not like it. The pancake tasted very bland. Plus, the recipe said it would "magically" fall in the center to spoon the apples in.......well I did not get any magic. I followed the recipe exactly.

Anyone else had this problem? Or any of you make this with success? Or did you spice the pancake up?

I think someone mentioned that they add cinamin and sugar to the apples for it.

I added that to the apples, but it was the pancake that tasted like it was missing something.

I'd probably add it to the pancake too but then I add herbs and spices to everything.

jrstephens said:
I tried this over the weekend. I did not like it. The pancake tasted very bland. Plus, the recipe said it would "magically" fall in the center to spoon the apples in.......well I did not get any magic. I followed the recipe exactly.

Anyone else had this problem? Or any of you make this with success? Or did you spice the pancake up?

I just love your wording..."well I did not get any magic!"

That made me laugh. Thanks

magic for meI did this recipe for a show the week before last and it did "magically" fall. I thought maybe you were at a high altitude then I looked and saw you are in Alabama?? So that blows that theory out of the water. You did use all purpose flour and not self rising??? I hope you give it another try!
Karen:)

lodiburgmayor said:
I did this recipe for a show the week before last and it did "magically" fall. I thought maybe you were at a high altitude then I looked and saw you are in Alabama?? So that blows that theory out of the water. You did use all purpose flour and not self rising??? I hope you give it another try!
Karen:)

I looked at my flour and it was Self Rising. I reckon I did not follow it like i thought then! ha! I may give it another try. Was the pancake bland tasting with the correct flour b/c I would not think that would add any flavor to it? but then if I got my magic and it fell it would not be near at thick to taste.

apple pancakeWe served this as the dessert and put ice cream on it so that covered up any blandness:D ! However I did notice an egg taste to it, but I guess the true intention of the recipe is for breakfast and if you think about traditional pancakes they are rather bland without maple syrup?? Anyway I am sure it wouldn't hurt the "magic":p to add whatever spices you wanted to enhance the flavor. I am glad you solved your "magic" problem realizing it was the flour! Good luck if you try it again! Karen

Related to Disappointing Apple Pancake Recipe | Tips for Perfect Results

1. What ingredients are needed to make Main Dishes Apple Pancake?

To make Main Dishes Apple Pancake, you will need all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, milk, eggs, melted butter, and apples.

2. Can I use other types of fruit besides apples in this recipe?

While apples are the traditional fruit used in this dish, you can definitely experiment with other fruits such as peaches, pears, or berries.

3. What size pan should I use for cooking the Main Dishes Apple Pancake?

A 9-inch cast iron skillet or a 9x13 inch baking dish will work best for this recipe.

4. Can I make Main Dishes Apple Pancake ahead of time?

This dish is best served fresh, but you can make the batter ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Just be sure to whisk it well before pouring it into the hot pan.

5. Can I freeze Main Dishes Apple Pancake?

While this dish is best served fresh, you can freeze leftovers for up to 2 months. Just make sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and reheat in the oven or microwave before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefmoseley