• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dinner Impossible From Cleveland!

In summary, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum hosted a special event for the Food Network show "Dinner Impossible" where Chef Robert Irvine was challenged to produce 20 dishes in four hours reflecting different types of music. The event was months in the planning and kept secret until one week before, with only select donors and members invited. Guests were not told about the show until they arrived, and were asked to keep the outcome a secret until it airs in the fall. This event was highly anticipated and featured Cincinnati native and Rock Hall inductee Bootsy Collins as part of Irvine's kitchen staff.
chefsteph07
As 250 well-dressed friends of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum enjoyed cocktails in the Rock Hall's lobby on Tuesday night, dinner was being furiously prepared just outside their view.

The frantic preparations turned out to be all part of the plan, diners learned, because the special event was being filmed for the Food Network show "Dinner Impossible."

Chef Robert Irvine spent the day in Cleveland and was challenged to produce 20 dishes reflecting the types of music at the Rock Hall. Another twist: Cincinnati native and Rock Hall inductee Bootsy Collins was part of Irvine's kitchen staff.

Silhouetted by the setting sun at about 7:30 p.m., Irvine could be seen assembling dishes on makeshift tables in a small parking area in back of the Rock Hall.

The show's premise calls for Irvine to prepare a meal with no notice and little in the way of provisions. He had four hours and a head start miles away at Executive Caterers at Landerhaven in Mayfield Heights, but the assembly was very much makeshift on folding tables by Lake Erie.

Tuesday's event was months in the planning and had plenty of anticipation. Todd Mesek, the Rock Hall's vice president of marketing, said the Food Network first approached the museum staff last year to ask about producing a show in Cleveland. From there, the two sides worked out how many people would attend and other logistics. The event ended up as a summer appreciation party for donors and a fund-raiser for the Rock Hall's education programs.

Because the network wanted to keep the show's outcome a secret and control the crowds, e-mail invitations weren't sent out until one week before the event. Invitees were told they had to call the Rock Hall's member services office by the next morning to reserve a $100-per-person ticket. The invitation said the event would be tied to the Food Network, but gave no details.

Tom and Jennifer Tonkli of Mentor, who have been members since the Rock Hall opened, knew right away they wanted to attend. They suspected at first that Cleveland native Michael Symon would be featured, but the avid Food Network viewers quickly figured out it had to be "Dinner Impossible." Symon served as host of "Dinner Impossible" for a short period before Irvine returned to the show in the spring.

The Tonklis didn't find out that they had guessed correctly until the entered the Rock Hall on Tuesday.

So what did they eat? Did Irvine -- gasp -- fulfill the mission? The Food Network insists that you wait until the show airs in the fall to find out.

I posted this before I could make a comment, but this is so cool! Dinner Impossible was at the Rock Hall last night and I am so excited! My town! Can't wait to watch in the fall! :love:

You are such a dork chefsteph! LOL

I love that show! :)

I like that show ,but wish it had a different host. The food network got rid of him for a while because he lied about quite a bit of his resume. I am not sure why they let him back on.

I know in St. Pete he was supposed to be opening his own restaurant that was backed by private investors and when they caught wind that he not only lied but was on the verge of bankruptcy they backed out and the restaurant never opened.

About two months ago Chef Irvine came to Yokosuka Japan to cook for us. My DD got to work with him in the kitchen preparing the food. Later that evening I was lucky enough to eat the dinner prepared and meet him after. I even got him to sign my PC apron. If I ca figure out how to I have a few pics of him that night. He is really a great guy and fun to talk to. I have his cookbook he signed for me and a menu he signed for my DD also.

I have an old college friend who was there!

My hubby was telling me about this yesterday...how cool that they were in our area!

BTW- I am glad they brought Chef Irvine back. I know he lied on his resume, but DANG can that man multitask and cook up a storm! I really like Michael Symon, but I did NOT like him on Dinner Impossible. I kept missing Irvine. Now he's back, and I am watching the show again!

KellyTheChef said:
My hubby was telling me about this yesterday...how cool that they were in our area!

BTW- I am glad they brought Chef Irvine back. I know he lied on his resume, but DANG can that man multitask and cook up a storm! I really like Michael Symon, but I did NOT like him on Dinner Impossible. I kept missing Irvine. Now he's back, and I am watching the show again!

ITA! I never watched a full epi with Symon on it. Ratings must have slipped, therefore they asked Irvine back!? And now I watch it again~:p

1. What is "Dinner Impossible From Cleveland!"?

"Dinner Impossible From Cleveland!" is a special event hosted by Pampered Chef where a team of talented chefs will attempt to create a delicious and impressive meal using only ingredients found in Cleveland, Ohio.

2. When and where is "Dinner Impossible From Cleveland!" taking place?

The event will take place on [date] at [location] in Cleveland, Ohio. Exact details will be announced closer to the date.

3. How can I attend "Dinner Impossible From Cleveland!"?

"Dinner Impossible From Cleveland!" is an invite-only event. However, there may be opportunities for customers and consultants to win tickets through special promotions or contests. Keep an eye out for announcements on our website and social media channels.

4. Will there be any special guests at "Dinner Impossible From Cleveland!"?

Yes! We are excited to announce that [insert name of celebrity chef or special guest] will be joining the team of chefs to create an unforgettable meal at "Dinner Impossible From Cleveland!"

5. Can I purchase the recipes from "Dinner Impossible From Cleveland!"?

Yes, all of the recipes used in "Dinner Impossible From Cleveland!" will be available for purchase on our website after the event. You can also find them in our seasonal catalog or through your Pampered Chef consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • GourmetGirl
  • General Chat
Replies