1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Digital Pocket Thermometer

1. ChefLAM

ChefLAM Member

Does anyone know if the bottom of the digital pocket thermometer is stainless or aluminum? I had a customer ask and I couldn't find that info in the catalog or on consultants corner under product info.

thanks!

Nov 24, 2009
  2. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

Stick a magnet on it and see.

Nov 24, 2009
  3. Does anyone know if it's 'Instant Read' ? A customer asked me but I can't pull up the product information for it.

Dec 7, 2009
  4. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Mine isn't an instant read. Actually I've been a little disappointed in mine. It seems to be slower than the old version (non-digital).

Dec 7, 2009
  5. Thanks Amanda.

Dec 7, 2009
  6. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

It's not instant, but it's pretty darned quick. I've been pleased with it and so have many of my customers.

Dec 8, 2009
  7. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

How much faster would you like it? :confused:
    Also, I'm thinking its aluminum because SS would be heavy....

Dec 8, 2009
  8. lisaterwilliger

lisaterwilliger Member Gold Member

I had a customer ask if it could go in the over while the food is baking..I told her I didn't think so but does anyone know for sure? I don't have it (I don't really want it...the first few I sold didn't work so I don't really want one) anyway, anyone know?

9. PamperedchefDaly

PamperedchefDaly Member Gold Member

It is not oven safe and should not be left in the food when it is in the oven or on the grill.

10. Zsu

Zsu Banned

it is not oven safe, since the top part is plastic.

( There is an instant read thermometer, but that would be WAY more expensive. It's like a laser light that you piont and reads right away. )

Before you do an adjustment for a "non" working thermometer. Call the HO for fixing instructions. I have called to have it replaced and instead they talked me through how to fix it. It took me 2 calls to HO to understand what they talk about, as myself never seen the thermometer.

Originally, some of the units gets shipped in a way that the battery is not connected. When you take the battery out, there is a spring and a flat metal flap underneath the battery. The flat metal flap needs to be turned upright, so it "hugs" the battery from the side and a tiny bit from the top (it's bent on the end). So after you turn it up, the spring makes the connection from the bottom and the metal flap will make the connection from the top and the side. Replace the battery and the battery cover and voila, it's done. It takes a coin and a pen to fix it.

Hope this helps everyone.

Zsuzsanna

Jan 21, 2010
Have something to add?