• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Differrence Between Liquid and Solid

There's a lot of tidbits that you can throw in at your shows. The book is 476 pages long:eek: , but I just read a page or two here and there and pick up sooo much information. There are also over 200 recipes, and of course, the book is a write-off.:D Thanks for the heads up!
Kelley Sells
measuring....I KNOW it sounds stupid, but I am NOT a cook :p but I DO know that the easy read are for liquids and the measure all is for the solids AND liquids.....now, here, let me go a step further....:eek: the prep bowls, batter bowls and stainless steel bowls, those are for SOLID measuring right?

Thanks....I know it will be asked....thanks in advance....

:rolleyes: :eek:

You can use them to measure both!:)

I like to teach my guests that when they are COOKING, the exact measurement doesn't matter, so using the prep bowls or the batter bowls is super easy.

However, when BAKING, the measurements MUST be exact, so use the Adj Scoop and Spoon, Measure All, or Easy Read cups.

Baking is a science, cooking is an art!

Debbie,

That is an awesome analogy!! That explains everything perfectly!

Thank you so much...that is a great way to look at it, never thought of it that way....

Thanks you guys,
Kelley

DebbieJ said:
I like to teach my guests that when they are COOKING, the exact measurement doesn't matter, so using the prep bowls or the batter bowls is super easy.

However, when BAKING, the measurements MUST be exact, so use the Adj Scoop and Spoon, Measure All, or Easy Read cups.

Baking is a science, cooking is an art!

That is a really great way of explaning it!:) That might become a new saying for me. My favorite saying is 'it's home-made because it's made at home. it's just not made from scratch!' I say that a lot when I'm using all those fabulous refrigerated bread doughs:D

Liquids and solids do measure differently. You can try an experiment and measure a cup of flour in a dry measuring cup and a cup of water in a liquid measuring cup and then switch them into the "wrong" measuring device and you will see that the measurments are different than they were when you measured in the "right" measuring device.

Really good book...There's a really good book called Cookwise, by Shirley O. Corriher. It describes the whys and hows of successful cooking. It tells you what role each ingredient plays in a recipe. Here are just a few examples:

The sugar in cookies makes them tender, contributes to browning, and can make cookies crisp. The type of sugar affects the browning and crispness. Just a little bit of corn syrup in a cookie will make it browner and make the surface of the cookie crisper.

For liquids in a cookie..."less than a tablespoon of milk, cream or water in the usual recipe provides steam for a little puff in a cookie. A little more, however, and the batter thins, causing the cookies to spread."

There's a lot of tidbits that you can throw in at your shows. The book is 476 pages long:eek: , but I just read a page or two here and there and pick up sooo much information. There are also over 200 recipes, and of course, the book is a write-off.:D

HTH!
Diane

What is the main difference between liquid and solid ingredients?

Liquid ingredients have a definite volume and take the shape of their container, while solid ingredients have a definite shape and volume.

What are examples of liquid ingredients?

Some common liquid ingredients include water, milk, oil, juice, and vinegar.

What are examples of solid ingredients?

Some common solid ingredients include flour, sugar, salt, butter, and vegetables.

How do liquid and solid ingredients affect recipes differently?

Liquid ingredients add moisture and can change the consistency of the dish, while solid ingredients add texture and structure.

Can liquid and solid ingredients be substituted for each other in recipes?

In most cases, no. Liquid and solid ingredients have different properties and affect the recipe differently, so substitutions can alter the final result. It is best to follow the recipe as written for the best outcome.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Meigs
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • kitchenqueen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • myinnerchef