• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did They Change Something That Sold Well?:Grumpy: I've Had Several

In summary, the self sharpening knives were changed to honing tools due to the fact that sharpening frequently is not necessary and honing helps maintain the blade's straight edge. However, some customers preferred the older, sturdier knives and shears. The new knives and shears may look nicer, but they are not as effective in cutting through certain materials. Customers also expressed a preference for the old shears due to their ability to cut through chicken and remove fat.
heat123
Silver Member
Did they change something that sold well?:grumpy: I've had several customers ask about the old self sharpening knives. Why change them to "honing tools"instead? I just lost a whole sale of the set because I was honest and told them it was not a sharpener anymore!:(

Re: Why!?!Sharpening a knife frequently isn't necessary. Most people don't know what honing is, so they assume the knife won't be sharp when they use it. Here's what I say, "Honing is better for a knife. Every time you use it the blade loses its straight edge. A honer makes the knife work better by straightening the edge. It will seem sharper without losing any of its metal."

Re: Why!?!Rae is correct. Plus tell them to try it out and they have 30 days to return it with free shipping. Also talk about the safety with the lock, the old ones didn't have a lock on them

Re: Why!?!
wadesgirl said:
Rae is correct. Plus tell them to try it out and they have 30 days to return it with free shipping. Also talk about the safety with the lock, the old ones didn't have a lock on them

Those are words I love to hear. :p

raebates said:
Those are words I love to hear. :p

I figured that after I typed it!

Re: Why!?!I also say that honing is like having a chiropractor for your knife....helps it work better.

Re: Why!?!I tried explaining that it helps maintain and keep the blade aligned but they wanted the sharpener! :(

Re: Why!?!You're not alone, my customers tell me these look "cheaper" that the other knives were sturdier." People also seem to love our old scissors too, quite a few customers that got the new ones because of the look say they use their old ones because they are sharper!

Addie4TLC said:
You're not alone, my customers tell me these look "cheaper" that the other knives were sturdier." People also seem to love our old scissors too, quite a few customers that got the new ones because of the look say they use their old ones because they are sharper!

I prefer the old shears to the new ones.

wadesgirl said:
I prefer the old shears to the new ones.

So did I at first. Now I prefer the new ones - I have both in my kitchen and both are used daily but I grab the black ones first. DH still looks for the white ones but then he's about what he already knows about.

Re: Why!?!I think everyone likes the old shears better than the new ones.

Re: Why!?!The ONLY feature I like about the new shears if the herbing device.

Re: Why!?!love the old shears....but I carry the new ones in my kit

Re: Why!?!I didn't care for the old knives, so I haven't even opened my new ones for fear they'd be quickly and embarrasingly dulled like the others. Now the forged cutlery, on the other hand... :)

Re: Why!?!One of my customers has the old knives and the sharpener actually deformed her blades. This is because it is a sharpener and putting a new edge on each time you use it. A honer is the better way to go to maintain the longeviety of the blade. It just fine tunes the edge. This is why we went to a honer for our forged cutlery instead of a sharpener. Personally, I really like the new ones. I think they look nicer and seem less cheap than the old ones. I hate the new kitchen shears. I have hard time cutting through plastic bags, like cereal bags).

cookingwithlove said:
One of my customers has the old knives and the sharpener actually deformed her blades. This is because it is a sharpener and putting a new edge on each time you use it. A honer is the better way to go to maintain the longeviety of the blade. It just fine tunes the edge. This is why we went to a honer for our forged cutlery instead of a sharpener. Personally, I really like the new ones. I think they look nicer and seem less cheap than the old ones. I hate the new kitchen shears. I have hard time cutting through plastic bags, like cereal bags).

You're right the honing case looks nicer, but the knives themselves look cheap. Can we have the old sturdier knives with the new honing cases? :)

The new sheers will not cut through my chicken as well as the old ones and I used to love to say at my shows that they could do that and cut out all the fat as well.

Re: Why!?!The "sharpening case" was actually a honing case. Honing realigns the blade. Sharpening takes metal off the blade. They shouldn't have seen metal shavings coming out of their old case. Personally, I like the new ones better because they lock in and they are easier to pull out when unlocked. I don't worry about slipping and cutting myself.

Nanisu said:
I think everyone likes the old shears better than the new ones.

Umm, No I don't! I love the new shears.

Related to Did They Change Something That Sold Well?:Grumpy: I've Had Several

1. Did they change the recipe for the popular Garlic Parmesan Seasoning?

No, the recipe for the Garlic Parmesan Seasoning has not been changed. It continues to be one of our top-selling products.

2. Why does the packaging for the Brownie Pan look different?

The packaging for the Brownie Pan has been updated to better showcase the product and make it more visually appealing. The pan itself remains the same high-quality product that our customers love.

3. Is the Citrus Press now made with cheaper materials?

No, the Citrus Press is still made with the same high-quality materials as before. However, we have made some small design improvements to make it easier to use and clean.

4. I noticed the price of the Quick Cooker has increased, did something change?

Yes, the Quick Cooker has gone through some design improvements to make it even more efficient and user-friendly. This has resulted in a slightly higher price, but customers have been very happy with the changes.

5. Will the popular Stoneware Collection be discontinued?

No, the Stoneware Collection is not being discontinued. However, we may introduce new designs and styles from time to time to keep our product line fresh and exciting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• shelly.nurse
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • Products and Tips
Replies